How to drink more water

Options

Replies

• Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I have a hospital cup with a straw, it is 4 cups, I randomly slurp on it throughout the day and I be sure to fill it twice!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I also hate drinking water, but when I put a lemon wedge in I find I have no problems. Also green tea is good! Oh and drinking with a straw....I'm like a kid, I have to make it fun. And I have a special glass that I use at work that holds 16oz....drinking 4 of those seems less daunting than 8, 8oz.
  • msartishia
    msartishia Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I am the same as you. I can not stand water. What I do is i use crystal light in my water. that way my water has a flavor and it more like juice than water. i would try that.
  • luvlyjanny
    luvlyjanny Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    sugar free squash :) love the stuff
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Start early in the day. Drink a glass of water before you eat or drink anything else... It helps a lot
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I have a 32 ounce water bottle. We have something called true lemon, but lemon slice will do too. Just fill it up, once as soon as you get up. Drink it down. I usually chug it, then drink another one with your lunch, chug it down. You get your water in for the day. Try being me, I try to drink a gallon a day to compensate for all the meds in my system. :D *squishes out the thread. LOL GL
  • judypriv
    judypriv Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I add a orange or lemon rind.
  • Healthy1st
    Options
    I love water. Being from Italy that's what you drink on a regular basis, sodas and juices are for kids b-day parties, so it just comes natural to me. Anyway I find it hard to remember to drink even if I walk around with my water all the time. I found a great android app (Drinking Water by Chickpin) that makes your phone sound like it's pouring a glass of water every so often. That helps me.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If you don't like plain water then drink something else. You just need to consume enough liquids, it doesn't have to be plain water. I like water, but I drink mostly tea becuase I like it more. And who in the world told you carbonated water would ruin your bones. Nonsense.
  • muffyjog
    muffyjog Posts: 30
    Options
    I've found that making the water warm-to-hot helps me to drink it without noticing it.
  • firstnamekaren
    firstnamekaren Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I have a 32 oz Camelbak that I fill with ice and water at least 3 times while at work. I try to chug water at work because the water here is so cold, and so much better. I'm not a water person either, but I swear, for some reason, water practically makes the pounds fly off of me. Last time I weighed myself over a weekend and I didn't drink that much water and the next day, I drank my daily amount, and I swear I lost like 2 lbs the very next day.
  • Lorrie_73
    Lorrie_73 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have a BPA free 32 ounce bottle. I drink two of them before lunch (= 8 glasses). Then I drink one more in the afternoon, and one more during the gym after work (=16 glasses or a gallon). On non workout days, I drink 2 bottles before lunch and 2 bottles before I leave work. This way, most of the water passes before I go to bed. I like drinking water though and don't use flavor enhancers. I tried orange or lemon slices and it just aggravated my acid reflux, but I do know of others that use citrus slices. That is a good detoxifier too.

Oh, and I run ALL my water through a PUR filter. I have one on my tap at home and a PUR pitcher at work. Otherwise, I think non-filtered water tastes disgusting.
  • taylorblues
    taylorblues Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    What counts as a glass?? I have lots of glasses of all sizes - from about 200 ml size up to a pint! Not sure which size to use when counting 8 glasses?
  • Lorrie_73
    Lorrie_73 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    What counts as a glass?? I have lots of glasses of all sizes - from about 200 ml size up to a pint! Not sure which size to use when counting 8 glasses?

8 oz = 1 glass.
  • sammyjbray
    sammyjbray Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    DONT DO IT!!!! YOU DONT NEED IT! There is NO SCIENTIFIC evidence that you need 8 glasses of water. it comes from a study that was misquoted about total liquid needed. the study mentioned MOST people will get MOST of their liquid from their FOOD. Google "8 cups myth" or something similar. Do your own research. If you LIKE drinking all taht water, do it. if not, DONT! Stop guilting people into it. Tea, coffee, crystal light, soda, everything but alcohol count for water... it's mostly water. :-)

This is absolutely true. I just drink what I need, and it generally works out between 4 -10 glasses a day, but I don't ever make myself drink it if I am not thirsty.
  • komlie
    komlie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was a never a big fan of drinking water either! However, I did find this water bottle and now I can't stop. It is called CAMELBAK and I LOVE IT!!! I found mine at Target for $13.99. It's spendy, but I now drink a ton of water!
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Have you tried adding natural flavors to your water (like slices of cucumber, orange, lemon wedges, etc)?? That will give it subtle flavor (with no sugars, calories, or chemicals!) and it's so refreshing!

I was going to say something similar.
  • karisma81
    karisma81 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You might just need to get used to it. Maybe start with 2 glasses of plain water and drink the rest flavoured with fruit as others have suggested or a tiny squirt of lime juice. My personal favourite is herbal teas in so many delicious flavours.
  • ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Not sure if anyone stated but don't underestimate fruits and veggies that contain water. That is a great way to get your water as well.
  • darkknightfan
    darkknightfan Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    MIO works well for me! I have different flavors that I keep everywhere...work, my car, my purse, home, etc. Plain water is just yuck!

^^^^ This !!!.. Makes it ALOT easier