MAY "No Late Night Snacking" Challenge

Options
zaza54
zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
Good evening and welcome to a new month and a new challenge!

Grammymax was our winner for April with 30 consecutive days of no late night snacking. I believe Phatfanny tied or came close to that record. Congratulations!!!!:flowerforyou: That was an incredible accomplishment. The bar has been set very high for May.

For the May challenge, please select a cut-off time after which you will not consume anything caloric. Mine is 9:30 p.m. because I don't usually go to bed before 11:30 or midnight. I allow myself a later cut-off time of 11:30 p.m. for special occasions/week-end nights if I'm out.

So, choose a time that works best for you. Then keep track of each consecutive night that you do not have anything caloric after your personal cut-off time. The person with the longest stretch of consecutive nights through May 31st wins the month of May

Since some of us fall off the proverbial wagon by snacking past our cut-off time and have to start all over at Day 1, this challenge lends itself to newcomers at any time. So, everyone is welcome even if you start the challenge after May 1.

Good luck everyone!!! The May challenge has now officially begun.

Replies

• zaza54
    Options
    Good evening and welcome to a new month and a new challenge!

Grammymax was our winner for April with 30 consecutive days of no late night snacking. I believe Phatfanny tied or came close to that record. Congratulations!!!!:flowerforyou: That was an incredible accomplishment. The bar has been set very high for May.

For the May challenge, please select a cut-off time after which you will not consume anything caloric. Mine is 9:30 p.m. because I don't usually go to bed before 11:30 or midnight. I allow myself a later cut-off time of 11:30 p.m. for special occasions/week-end nights if I'm out.

So, choose a time that works best for you. Then keep track of each consecutive night that you do not have anything caloric after your personal cut-off time. The person with the longest stretch of consecutive nights through May 31st wins the month of May

Since some of us fall off the proverbial wagon by snacking past our cut-off time and have to start all over at Day 1, this challenge lends itself to newcomers at any time. So, everyone is welcome even if you start the challenge after May 1.

Good luck everyone!!! The May challenge has now officially begun.
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Cut-off: 8 officially, 7 when I wanna be brave, 9 (or later, I'll specify it at least a day in advance) when going out or exercising and still under my calories.
  • Katie0913
    Katie0913 Posts: 1
    Options
    My cut off time will be 8:00pm except on saturdays when I get to go out it'll be 10:00pm
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    I'm definately in!
  • stephiepoo
    stephiepoo Posts: 81
    Options
    I'm in! I am a chronic late night snacker so I am hoping this will help me :smile:. I also go to sleep late so my cutt off will be 9:30 p.m except for weekends and special occasions which will then be 11:30PM.
  • nickems
    nickems Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Challenge accepted! I go to bed fairly early, so my cutoff time will be 7:00 P.M. My weekend cutoff time will be 9:00 P.M. :wink:
  • atguest
    atguest Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    since i go to bed at about 10:30 on weekdays weekdays cutoff- 7:30 cutoff
    and weekends about 1 or 2 so cutoff at 11:30
    i am a big midnight snacker, last night while i was watching greys anatomy i had half of a huge molasses cookie, and a cup of milk, bad.bad.bad!(:
    i will stick to this!
  • zaza54
    Options
    It's great to see the enthusiasm for the May challenge. Good luck everyone. It can be done!
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    i'll keep with my same cutoffs from last month- 8:30 sunday-thurs, & 9:30 friday and saturday.

i did pretty well last month, but looking to improve even more in May- good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • jzick
    jzick Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm the king of late night snacking. My cut off time will be 8pm.
  • coliechacer
    coliechacer Posts: 105
    Options
    Hi everyone i am new I want to try this...
    So i say no eating after 8pm for me i hope i can do this
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Thanks Zaza for the flowers :laugh: I'm up for another month. This month will be hard because I will be traveling a lot so my cutoff will be 9:00 p.m.

Good luck everyone.

Esther
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    As I sit here stuffing my face with ice cream, trying to drown away my sorrows, I'm thinking I should probably take the challenge!!!

My cut off time will be 10pm. I put my baby down for bed between 9 and 10pm and by the time that happens I always think "after a day like today, I deserve a treat!!!" only, every day is exactly the same! Stressful!

In the very, very rare chance that my husband gets to come home for a visit, my cut off will be an hour before we go to bed. It's usually midnight-ish. It's pretty doubtful, though so I'm not really getting my hopes up.
  • dewdrop
    Options
    It can be done!

Yep, Zaza:flowerforyou: , I survived the 1st day of May. :smile:
    Esther, I will be traveling too, but let's do this! :flowerforyou:
    ng, I like your attitude! You can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    You know me... I'm in again...

Cut off will be 7:00 for the most part... late nights will be 3 hours before bedtime.

Last night was a late night... had the allergy boy at the hospital again... I wish his asthma wouldn't kick in so bad when he gets a cold.
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    ngwife4life - I love your picture on your avatar!!!!
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    made it through night one :bigsmile:

and i hear you all on a month of travelling- i'm moving on may 14 from michigan to indiana and starting a new job on the 18th. talk about stress!! hopefully i wont turn to late night snacking to cope :huh: :huh:
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    ngwife4life - I love your picture on your avatar!!!!.

Thanks! I was forced to have pictures taken two days before I got on MFP. I think it's what drove me to making a change, though. They'll make fabulous looking "before" photos! :laugh:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Since I'll go out with friends tonight, cut off will be 9 o'clock for food and 10 o'clock for drinks (as long as it's just one drink, I don't want to be extremely strict about that). Bedtime will be anyway past midnight, I bet - but I'll keep you posted :).
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    ngwife: Is there something going on that you want to share? If not that's fine. I just hope that your days get less stressful.

Day (night) 1 down.

Good luck all.

Esther