has anyones SO ever snooped?

Options
mickipedia
mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
Have you ever noticed that your partner has been looking through your phone? Or on your facebook?

What did you do? How did you know they'd been looking through your things?

Opinions needed x

Replies

• butterflyliz32
    butterflyliz32 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Toward the end, my exhusband started snooping through my phone. It was a dissapointment, though, since there wasn't anything to find. In our case, it was because HE was doing things he shouldn't be, but was convinced that I was too. Not the case.

I got remarried a few months ago. My new husband has never snooped. If he is on my phone or computer, it is because he is updating software (IT guy). But, even if he did, there wouldn't be anything to find.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I don't snoop. My wife does not snoop. Other than my work email, I don't have one. I have other emails. Every time we change providers, Holland or Jan usually sets up an email for me, tells me the password and then I forget it. Probably got junk piling up under Hotmail, Yahoo, Google, whatever. I'll never know. FB? Holland set it up. Everyone in the house knows the password. Jan and Holland have all the account numbers and passwords to my banking, shopping, etc.

I'm sure they look at my Amazon Account. Every time I put something on a "Wish List', it magically shows up at the house.

If you can't trust your partner or your partner can't trust you, what's the point?
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I don't snoop at eachothers things, we don't have anything to hide from eachother and we are completely honest about things. He can go through my phone all day and I can go through his, never anything to worry about.

Trust, it's a good thing to have in a relationship.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    if there is reason to snoop then there is something wrong...either trust issues based from realationship issues or insecurities on the part of the snooper. It shouldn't be happening and it would need to be addressed.
  • BeautifulRedButterfly
    BeautifulRedButterfly Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    My fiance would look at my phone. Never at my facebook yet, but he asks if I add anyone.
    I really don't care. I have nothing to hide from him.
  • ahoov72
    ahoov72 Posts: 20
    Options
    we dont snoop because we have no reason too so it never even crosses my mind,if either of u feel u need to snoop then u need to sit down and have a talk to see if there is anything either of u need to tell the other. communication is very important. good luck to u
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    No snooping here.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have each others' passwords, so it's not "snooping" :wink: Neither of us are jealous or insecure, we just decided to be totally transparent with each other, so that there will never be room for suspicion or jealousy. I don't think he even looks in my accounts even though he has the password--I know I rarely look in his. But I'm a very social person, so I've got all these friends (guys and gals) on facebook and other internet boards that he does not know...if he ever wonders, he can see for himself I've nothing to hide. Works for us!
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Mine has. I dont hide anything from him and I really don't care if he snoops around. My interpretation is that he is being protective of me. Unfortunately for my SO, I'm a stubborn ox ... and about as bright as one at times too... and I'll do what I want anyway.
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Well my boyfriend keeps looking at my phone and my facebook and accusing me once he sees something.

Like today for example he saw that a friend had sent me a private message with someones number called "Phil" he then started texting me accusing me of god knows what and he didn't actually read my post that she was replying to that was asking people for driving instructors.

I then tried to explain to him how irritating I find it because I have nothing to hide but he checks these things at least once a week and then reads in to things too much and starts accusing.. This has been going on for almost a year now and its driving me insane so I said to him today that if I find out he's looked at something again then its over for us.

Am I being too harsh?
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Theres been a few times shes gone through my friends going "who is that? I dont know her!". In short, she had a bad day, and decided acting jealous might be a fun response. It wasnt. I responded by deleteing 75% of my FB friends. Now she cant get mad about it again, and seeing as I hadnt even logged on facebook for over a year at that point, it wasnt really a big loss
  • MaryPhillips90
    MaryPhillips90 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I personally don't mind my husband being curious because I'm a curious person myself. That doesn't mean that I think he is hiding anything or vice versa. He actually knows all of my passwords, but never logs on to any site that I'm a part of. Occassionally he will read a few text messages, but I do the same. I don't think there is anything wrong with knowing what's going on in your significant other's life. I like for my husband to know.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I have snooped before. It was after my ex cheated. I realized I didn't want to live that way. I want to be with someone where it doesn't even occur to me to act like a mad woman.

If there is snooping, there's a problem.
  • MaryPhillips90
    MaryPhillips90 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Well my boyfriend keeps looking at my phone and my facebook and accusing me once he sees something.

Like today for example he saw that a friend had sent me a private message with someones number called "Phil" he then started texting me accusing me of god knows what and he didn't actually read my post that she was replying to that was asking people for driving instructors.

I then tried to explain to him how irritating I find it because I have nothing to hide but he checks these things at least once a week and then reads in to things too much and starts accusing.. This has been going on for almost a year now and its driving me insane so I said to him today that if I find out he's looked at something again then its over for us.

Am I being too harsh?

He's VERY insecure and obviously doesn't trust you because of his own insecurities. This can be a bane to a relationship. If he keeps doing it even after he finds you aren't hiding anything, then something, I don't know what, should be done or said. You're not being harsh, you're just trying to avoid the ridiculousness.
  • npeters519
    npeters519 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't consider that snooping. My husband has free reign of my phone, facebook, email, whatever he wants, whenever he wants. I have nothing to hide therefore he has nothing to look for. In fact, he doesn't do technology very much but he does like to see his friends pics and stuff on Facebook so I add all of his friends to my page and he just uses mine anytime he wants.

I agree with La_Amazona - if there is snooping, there's a problem.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I snooped once. But, it was at the end of our relationship and I was convinced she was cheating. She was. So, ... I guess I win?

Nothing hurts more than that. Well, I guess there are other things, but that was a shocker.
  • aj_gettingfit
    Options
    I've had this issue recently. Turns out my husband didn't think I was being loving enough to him and he was insecure because of all the weight I had lost and how different I look. The problem was we should have communicated better with each other before it resorted to 'snooping'. He is able to look at everything of mine and I have nothing to hide so it doesn't matter to me.

Maybe sit down and ask him why he feels the need to snoop.
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I don't date and I don't use social media sites so I'm in the clear.
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    not really but we dont have anything to hide from each other. If someone is snooping there may be trust issues. If you can trust each other no relationship will work.
  • raines_eric
    Options
    Toward the end, my exhusband started snooping through my phone. It was a dissapointment, though, since there wasn't anything to find. In our case, it was because HE was doing things he shouldn't be, but was convinced that I was too. Not the case.

We often see the world as we ourselves are... very sad.