Any Leslie Sansone Success Stories?

Options
124»

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I LOVE Leslie Sansone so much. When I was obese, I would use her dvds to help me. What wound up happening for me to get down to size/meet and exceed my goal(s) was more due to my eating vs. exercising. Still, I have many old Leslie Sansone videos that help me get my smiles on, because Leslie is so encouraging and all hyped up and cute and again, I really like her videos.

These days I use one of her (she's older in this one than the other ones I use from her) youtube 1 mile challenge whenever I feel my blood slowing down or something, when I start feeling some kinda way from sitting down too long/too much:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njeZ29umqVE

It's a quick 15 minute or so 1 mile walk and ALWAYS gets my blood pumping and feeling better. I sometime will do this one 2 times or her old "walk strong" 2 mile, again--just to get the blood flowing.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Long time fan of Leslies. In fact the first workout video (yes, back in the 80's!) I bought was one of hers, "Basic Stepping with Walk Aerobics." I lost 25 lbs doing that workout and a strength workout I found by someone else. But I quit working out and quite dieting too and the weight came back.

But, over the years I've always gone back to her workouts in addition to Jessica Smith and a few others for strength. I finally stuck to my eating plan and worked out regularly and I met my goal in 2012 and continue to walk with Leslie.

There's a Leslie Sansone group here on MFP if anyone would like to join. Just click on groups and type in her name.
  • Desikudinspain
    Desikudinspain Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi. Am starting off at a continuos pace with Leslie in the lockdown. Id like to be part of a Leslie Sansone group here but cant figure out how to. Ps- ypur success stories inspire me. Well done.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,558 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I started buying Leslie Sansone video packages when they were VHS from QVC! I wasn't that faithful to them and only have one DVD I can use and it's only 1-2 miles and pretty easy. Now that the gym's closed I found one 3-mile one with weights (I use heavier ones) that's a good workout. Tried a different one today and it was pretty easy, I wish the longer ones were on You Tube! I'm trying another 3 mile with resistance bands tomorrow, if it's on the easy side I'll probably stick with the first one and just do the higher weights as it's a decent workout. I usually do that one and follow it up with a Body Project HIIT cardio one or Sidney Cummings cardio.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,558 Member
    Options
    This is the one I like. And I think she has great hips!
    https://youtu.be/Yr41_8QOTF8
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options
    I totally agree...I've read some reviews that said they don't like doing her dvds because of the size of her hips. I love her body! I want a body just like that with her nice curves. I just tried one of her new dvds and it killed me. But I loved it! I can really tell it's working.

This cracked me up! They must be jealous. I think she looks amazing. I know she is at least 57 years old now and doesn't look much different than in her Walk Away the Pounds workouts from way back in the day. If anything, she looks more buff now.
  • hawksgirl229
    hawksgirl229 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I too like working out to her DVDs. I have a few of her workouts. I like that the are straight forward and that they aren't a bunch of complicated dance moves that I'm so involved with left foot right foot etc that I feel I'm not even doing the workout. I've had a few of those and ended up donating them to the library for others to enjoy.
  • bacpath
    bacpath Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Love her workouts. Lots of variety and they are so upbeat. I certainly get a good workout and have lost 30 lbs!
  • bsteves06
    bsteves06 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    my mo used to do leslie and i scoffed because i was doing hard gym classes like body attack. well, leslie was a godsend when i was pregnant and 7 years later i still like them. looe her personality.
  • jeanettemahon499
    jeanettemahon499 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I found her on You Tube when the weather was wet and I wanted to do my daily 'Lock-down' walk ...I must say, I enjoy them and because there are so many, I can mix them up and not get bored. I think for me, I would tone up and not necessarily lose the pounds, but I am happy with that!
  • MiNinaLisa
    MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    i think she's fantastic. i don't have her dvds but i walk inside to her youtube videos in winter time. it gets reallllllly cold up here in winter so i'll be getting back into them when it gets too freezing outside!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!