Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Weighing daily?

13»

Replies

• fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    I try to weigh only once a week but it is usually twice a week for me. For example, I've been feeling thin the past two days and so I decided to weigh today even though my usual weigh in day is Wednesday -- bad idea, said I was up a lb!!! Soooo I'm going to see what tomorrow says and then record it lol.
  • katsmo
    katsmo Posts: 219 Member
    I know it can be bad, but I weigh in almost daily and log it here. I do not weigh in during my time of the month because I don't think it's accurate, and I know it will put me in a funk. I give myself one rest and/or cheat day a week and usually will not weigh in the following day. I find that weighing myself regularly helps keep me on track. I worry that if I weigh in only once a week, I might miss a good day or two and only catch myself on a bad day, then have to wait another full week and hope that the number will be down by then. Weighing in daily results in me adapting my diet a bit from one day to the next if I'm not happy with the number: For example, I'll cut out a couple Dove dark chocolates, keep a better eye on my sodium, or not eat all of my exercise calories back. Regardless of the number on the scale, I exercise as planned, take measurements and progress pictures once a month, and keep an eye out for non-scale victories.