Trans Girl joins MFP Shock Horror

Options

Replies

• MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Welcome Tina! Best of luck on both your journeys. ;)
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck and happy getting fit. :flowerforyou:

Just like everywhere, there are people here who are judgemental and disapproving. Just ignore them and surround yourself with positive, supportive people!
  • marbit
    marbit Posts: 108
    Options
    No kidding man. I wish I had such a great cleavage. Welcome Tina! Good to have you!
  • mrshayes1584
    Options
    I love how despite the title of this board no one replying is shocked or horrified. I know it's probably hard not to assume that people have a problem with you when many do but I don't think MFP is a place where orientation or gender matters,it's just people supporting one another. It almost seems like the original poster was looking to find people who might hate them. I wish you all the luck at your weight loss that I would any other member, didn't need to know anything about the state of your gender to feel that way about you. Have a great day!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. :-)

P.S. There is a 'LGBT+' group on here that you may or may not be interested in joining for added support -
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/22-lgbt
    This group is a safe haven in which the LGBT+ community can discuss what is affecting their lives, relationships, careers, etc.

You are welcome here if you're lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, transsexual, questioning, intersex, asexual, pansexual, queer, gender queer, gender neutral, gender variant, polyamorous, closeted, out, androgynous, straight ally, friend/supporter of the community, undefined, supportive parent/guardian/family of LGBT+ persons, or if you simply don't fit a label, don't like labels, or you're just interested in learning about the community.

Feel free to openly discuss whatever is on your mind here, but be respectful of all members, follow all MFP and group rules, and remember that bashing of any kind is unacceptable.

Have fun!
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    disregard a-holes. They are everywhere. Welcome to MFP. You will do well.
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Welcome! :bigsmile:
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Well this is a first in my almost year here...good luck to you, this is a great community! :flowerforyou:
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I think i love you...
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    disregard a-holes. They are everywhere. Welcome to MFP. You will do well.
    I like it! My sentiments exactly!
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard Tina.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Why am I shocked over nutracheck? I don't even know what that is?
  • daphnegetnfit
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me, :flowerforyou:
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    So Tina do you own a Trans AM. Cool if you do.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Hi Tina! No one will diss you on the welcome thread, but be careful. There are some mighty judgmental folks on this site.

yea. i get yelled at for being inappropriate constantly.... and im being nice!

Well everyone has to have a personality. :wink:
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    GLBTQ community member here, feel free to add me if you'd like support from someone that lives the life :) Happy to have you, and happy fitness!
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    wave-smiley.gif?1292867696
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I reccomend the LGBT+ group as well!
  • Lorrie_73
    Lorrie_73 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    It almost seems like the original poster was looking to find people who might hate them. I wish you all the luck at your weight loss that I would any other member, didn't need to know anything about the state of your gender to feel that way about you. Have a great day!

I thought this too. I could care less what section you buy your jeans in Tina. Welcome to this journey and good luck with your goals!
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    mochashocker wolf whistles at those legs!