Trans Girl joins MFP Shock Horror

Options

Replies

• Erinslove
    Erinslove Posts: 139
    Options
    I love how despite the title of this board no one replying is shocked or horrified. I know it's probably hard not to assume that people have a problem with you when many do but I don't think MFP is a place where orientation or gender matters,it's just people supporting one another. It almost seems like the original poster was looking to find people who might hate them. I wish you all the luck at your weight loss that I would any other member, didn't need to know anything about the state of your gender to feel that way about you. Have a great day!

^ THIS I could really care less if you are a trans or not, you are a person, just like all of us. Here I have found nothing but love and encouragement. Many people here are the nicest people I have ever met, and it is refreshing to feel at home SOMEWHERE here I am not so freely accepted, whether it be my weight or my personality, I don't know why people where I live are so rude. But here, totally different. Welcome and good luck. And anyone that judges you is an idiot because we ALL have faults, NO ONE is perfect. And I leave the judging to my Maker, it is no one's place to judge another. So far I have met nothing but friendly faces here :)

If u honestly think the OP was looking for haters than u have probably never faced real discrimination. Many many people are quite bigoted and outright mean to LGBT people and the violence and bullying that trans people often experience is horrific. Sometimes it is easier for people to self identify for various reasons 1) find the supporters 2) avoid people making hurtful comments b/c they don't know 3) take the steam out of an insult b/c you owned it and made a joke 1st. I spent years working as an activist for equality culminating in a job at HRC (Human Rights Campaign). You would be surprised how much hatred is out there!
  • lunchgirlie
    lunchgirlie Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Well, you seem to be inundated with support here, but I'm always looking for new friends of any gender, creed, or orientation. Feel free to friend me if you want support on your journey!
  • TransTina
    TransTina Posts: 82
    Options
    Some people need to chill out a bit!
  • NicolettetheGreek
    NicolettetheGreek Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Hey Tina..Welcome! This is a great site.
    God Bless you in your journey!

Nicolette
  • donnaferraiuolo
    donnaferraiuolo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    welcome...if you need an more friends to help and support you, add me!
  • TransTina
    Options
    welcome...if you need an more friends to help and support you, add me!

Awwww thanks Donna! x
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you, Tina.
  • TransTina
    Options
    Nice to meet you, Tina.

And you Leiki x
  • rachelblank427
    rachelblank427 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! The shock! The horror!! Lol welcome to Mfp I wish u the best of luck on ur journey!!
  • TransTina
    Options
    Oh my gosh! The shock! The horror!! Lol welcome to Mfp I wish u the best of luck on ur journey!!

TA!!!
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    WHEW!!!!

...thought you were talking about trans fats.

Welcome :drinker:
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Feel free to ad me Tina, I hope you enjoy Mfp as much as I do!
  • fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    Options
    The only trans I'm against is transfat. Welcome Tina!

Agreed 100%! FTW. :)

Welcome, Tina.
  • geohow11
    geohow11 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm Tina, new to MFP but not new to dieting!

I've been on Nutra Check for 4 yrs (on and off), and MFP seems very similar, but free!

Thanks for having me

WELCOME!
    Good Luck on your Journey
  • kaioshannon
    kaioshannon Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    always nice to see other trans women. makes you not feel alone in the world =)
  • TransTina
    Options
    always nice to see other trans women. makes you not feel alone in the world =)

GirlPower! xx
  • Silverstar46
    Silverstar46 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hey Sweetie, welcome to MFP and I hope that you are successful in your journey. Feel free to add me if you want another friend.
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, it is a good place to be!
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Welcome
  • katy4399
    katy4399 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I wish you all the luck at your weight loss that I would any other member, didn't need to know anything about the state of your gender to feel that way about you. Have a great day!

This ^^^ and welcome!