5*9 to 5*11 women

Options

Replies

• emgawne
    emgawne Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    it amazes me that some of you guys are around my weight and height and can get into 4's and 6's. i am still in a 10, maaaaybe an 8 if i am lucky. i guess it all depends on how each person is built, but i must say, i am a little jealous. haha.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    it amazes me that some of you guys are around my weight and height and can get into 4's and 6's. i am still in a 10, maaaaybe an 8 if i am lucky. i guess it all depends on how each person is built, but i must say, i am a little jealous. haha.
    I would have been happy at a 12, but I'm happy at a 6, too. It's all about being fit and healthy.
  • fultzjaf
    fultzjaf Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Bump I am 5 10 and my lowest since I started this was 175 lbs but right now I have let myself go some and I am between about 185 and 189, not good at all.
  • soccer8s
    soccer8s Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" - CW 185, GW 175 (maybe lower, let me get there first)...highest weight I think was about 210...

These are great motivators. I was told at 175 a few years back that I looked too skinny, but we'll see how it goes this time around. I'll try to post pics soon...I'm still not thin and have a belly from my kiddos (or I'll blame it on that for now), but I'm working it off!
  • roses6
    roses6 Posts: 8
    Options
    Love this thread! I am 5 9.5 and the skinniest I've weighed was 155 after doing the Master Cleanse... ugh hate Lemon juice with Maple syrup. When I was 155 I wasn't fit at all and could wear an 10. The heaviest I've been is 195 and I am down to 179-180 right now and I wear a size 12. I'd like to get down to 155-160. With the working out I'd be curious to see what size I'll actually fit into!
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9", 145lbs. I also like having buddies of similar heights on here, so please feel free to add me, fellow tall ladies!
  • j77r68
    j77r68 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I myself am 5'10.5. I'm going to keep that half inch for as long as I can lol. I started at 259 and am currently at 238. I am identical to Mandie I have a large frame and everyone underestimates your weight. Which isn't a bad thing I guess. My goal weight is 170. My lowest was 163.5 but yeah pretty gross looking when you lay down and all you see are hip bones jutting out. How sexy is that ?
  • coop1973
    coop1973 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'0 (large framed) and started MFP on 10/10/2011 at 226 (already lost 10 pounds when I started MFP) and I'm 187.8
    (38.2 pounds lost) as of this morning...My original goal weight was 180 but I think I can go even further. My new goal is 170-175 and I'll see what I look like and go from there! I'm so close to a normal BMI and people think I'm crazy when I tell them what I weigh! But for insurance reason I need to be in a normal BMI...
  • Supajoi
    Supajoi Posts: 22
    Options
    bump
  • msangie33
    Options
    I'm 5'9 I started out at 189 on January 25. I am now down by 13 lbs. My goal is to be about 160-165. I dont want to be to skinny. I have before pics that I can post but havn't taken any since the weight lost. I wanted to wait until I got down to 170... Only 6lbs tyo go....
  • sarahdawnross
    sarahdawnross Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bump. LOVE this thread. I'm just a hair over 5'11. Started at 225, currently just under 180. Similarly to a lot of the women on here I'd like to reach between 160 and 165. I am grateful for my height though because I have always carried my weight pretty well!
  • VanillaBone
    VanillaBone Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Let's see if this works...I'm 5'10, and this is me a few months ago at 180 pounds.I'm 170 right now and don't see much of a difference, but my goal is 150.

16001669_4289.jpg
  • christa_dee
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and 18. I started at 250 and I'm now down to 237!! I still have a long way to go, but my goal is to be around 160...maybe less, maybe more...just depends on how I look when I get there! I also have a larger bone structure and I want to be VERY toned! Good luck everyone! Can't wait to post my after pictures someday:)
  • niclambert
    niclambert Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sorry no pics to post just yet. I am 5'11 and have recently had my 50th birthday. I have struggled with yo-yoing for over 30 years and have weighed betwee 215 and 155 (i think that lasted for a week). I have to really work at getting and staying at 155 but when i weigh around 180 i seem to linger there for a while. My body seems to want to be that weight but i feel happier, slim and in control at 160. I currently weigh about 176 and i am a size 12 in pants and skirts; iI have worked out with a couple of friends and a personal trainer 2-3x per week for a couple of years now and it has made a huge difference. Previously, when at 176lb, i was a size 14.
    I managed to get into a size 8 a couple of years ago at 155lb ( with one- on -one training 2x per week plus 4 more days of 2 hr gym sessions!!! Way too unreasonable for average lifestyle hence weight gain) but my face and neck get too scraggy according to sis and close friends. I am aiming for 160lb and a size 10....at this weight I've been called statuesque,and model like; 2 young strangers even teasingly commented in passing that i must be Christie Brinkley; best compliment ever because it was so random and teen boys usually are not thoughtful enough to pass on compliments.
    Good Luck
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I started at 237. I'm at 155 now. So I am a success story! Feel free to check out the pics in my profile.
  • jenniferg83
    jenniferg83 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    i'm 5*9 and float between sw 187, cw = 150-154 depending on the day . i'd like to add more muscle and tone. i thought my GW would be 145 but i'm happy here. =)

pics are on my profile =)
  • tracimichelle213
    tracimichelle213 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options

Do you lift weights? I was mostly an 8 or 10 about 2 years ago when all I did for exercise was run (although I averaged around 30 miles per week) and weighed around 155. I'm now between 150 and 153 lbs and wear 4s and 6s. It's ALL about the weight lifting! It really isn't about the weight on the scale, or the height for that matter - it's about body composition. I have really slender wrists, calfs and ankles, but I also have a HUGE head - "One size fits all" does not apply to me - and I have big feet (size 11).

For a lot of you women, I think you'll be surprised after you lose more weight that the body you thought was big-framed, really isn't. Maybe not, because obviously people do have bigger frames, but it was very surprising to me how much smaller I became when the composition of my body changed, when for most of my life I considered myself bigger framed.
  • Ina82
    Ina82 Posts: 7
    Options
    I signed up on MFP and started losing weight in October 2011. I am 5'10 and my starting weight was 163 lbs... This week I reached my first goal of 143 lbs... I went from a tight size 10 to a loose size 8... But now that I'm at that goal, I feel that I really wanna lose another 10 lbs, because that's where I used to be about 10 years ago... My ultimate goal is to be toned and have a six pack this summer :) I'm gonna take some pictures this weekend, so you can see the before/after

Also feel free to friend me :)
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Wow! Well done! I'm 5"10, and about 18 pounds away from your weight, I hope I look like you in 18 pounds!
    Here is what 182lbs looks like on a 5'11" frame. Yes, I have 20 pounds (ish) to go, and some toning up to do, but I'm certainly not too upset about how my body looks....especially since I have 2 boys!

photo2.jpg

photo.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!