5*9 to 5*11 women

Options

Replies

• Tashry
    Tashry Posts: 151 Member
    Options

New Year's Resolution was to drop 20 lbs. Man, I should have given myself more than 8 weeks. It was tough!!

And then there's the fact that no matter how much weight I lose (I'm currently at 133), I cannot get below a size 10 jeans! I don't get it... I'm not built like a linebacker... I have chicken legs.... My neck looks like a pencil (or so my mother says). I guess it just goes to show that every single body is built differently, and losing weight is a completely different experience for everyone :o) Mind you, it's an incredibly WONDERFUL experience that I really wouldn't change for anything...

I hear you on the size issue. Even looking my best and being fit and toned I still need a 12. That's what happens to many of us tall girls. We are just build bigger. When I was 5'10" and 130 pounds I was very very very skinny and still wore a 10. Since then I've had two kids and grown some very wide hips. And don't get me started on bra sizes. Even at my smallest I still wore a 36...I am built bigger and have a larger ribcage. That's just how it goes I guess.

So long as you are healthy and happy then don't worry yourselves about the numbers. Weight and size are all so different for everyone. What matters is how you feel.
  • bdotshaw
    bdotshaw Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • Tashry
    Options
    Wow! Well done! I'm 5"10, and about 18 pounds away from your weight, I hope I look like you in 18 pounds!
    Here is what 182lbs looks like on a 5'11" frame. Yes, I have 20 pounds (ish) to go, and some toning up to do, but I'm certainly not too upset about how my body looks....especially since I have 2 boys!

photo2.jpg

photo.jpg

Thank you!
    And for the record ladies...in those pictures, I'm a size 15 jeans. Yep, a 15. I don't look it, or feel it, but that is the truth. Sizes and weight mean so little, they are so different from one person to the next.
  • deva87uk
    deva87uk Posts: 1
    Options
    I am 5ft 9 and I started off at 230lb. I now weigh 174 and I don't wan't to lose much more, feel too skinny. I'm a british size 8 on top and a 10 on my bum. BIG difference!
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 5*8 and weighed 135 before I got pregnant. They say a good rule of thumb (though not ALWAYS accurate) is 100 lbs for the first 5 feet and 5 pounds for every inch after that. So 5*10= 150 lbs. Of course you will want to gauge it more closely when you get closer to your goal. Good luck!!
  • sineadangele1
    sineadangele1 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    five eight and three quarters and about 150 lbs right here....i started at 186....i love myself at my current weight =] im not too skinny but i feel confident in anything i wear and its nice to be in single digit pant sizes again!!
  • emmamcblain
    emmamcblain Posts: 342
    Options
    This thread is EXACTLY what I needed to see. All of you look and sound beautiful, and I'm so glad there's lots of other tall ladies looking to lose out there. Keep at it girls! :drinker:
  • gillybumbler
    Options
    I am 5'9 and was at 180 after my baby. I have now met my goal weight after many years of healthy eating!! MFP helped me loose the last 10lbs and will hopefully help me keep it off!
  • columbae86
    Options
    I am 5'9, 172 (just starting on this site) and my doctor told me 155 would be the ideal weight for my size considering my height for a body mass index of 22,5. This should be approximately what you're aiming for (according to my doctor, anyway). Do not try to lose your weight too quickly, because I am pretty most people who lost weight quickly gained it back after. Your body has to get used to your new shape, and it's also a matter of getting new life habits, which requires lots of time.

I am sorry I have no picture to offer, but I get my inspiration from my sister who used to weight 215 pounds and who's now 162. She's 5'10 and weights pretty much exactly what she should be weighting. She looks fabulous and still has womanly curves, though she now has a sportswoman's shape. I think she's making a mistake, though: she wants to lose more weight to lose the remaining fat on her tummy, but forget it! Even women who are even thinner still have it, and it's pretty difficult to totally get rid of, and it's also a matter of posture. If you stand up straight, it will not show much.

A little tip for you : if you want your waist to look thiner on the side, do not forget to exercise your obliques (abs).

Kind regards
  • RebeccaJay37
    Options
    OMG this thread is AWESOME!!!

I'm 5'10 and just started in jan. SW= 229 CW=217 GW=175 (and will then re-evalute and see if I want to go further!)..... so yeah, quite a way to go still!!

I am fairly happy though, the weight that I have lost has been without exercise. Once my dodgey ankle has recovered, I fully intend to smash into those workouts and watch the weight melt off.

You are all absolutely amazing! I'm going to save posting pictures until I have an 'after' to go with the (awful and cringeworthy :( ) 'before'!!

:D:D:D you ladies make me smile and keep me going
  • larlab
    larlab Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Love this thread!!!! Thanks so much to all who have shared pictures- beautiful, strong, fit bodies are the best!! :)

I'm currently 5' 11"- SW 168, CW 160, GW 150

After DS was born 4.5 years ago, I weighed 205 and with diet & exercise I lost 45 pounds. Over time, weight crept up 8-9lbs, and so I just lost those extra pounds but am now trying to get below what I've weighed/averaged for a long time (I'm a size 10)- honestly, I don't believe I can do it, but looking at other people who are where/are similarly built, I'm reminded how much I want to finally get the body I've always wanted..... closer to a 6/8. :)
  • heatheralia
    heatheralia Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!! I am 5' 10" and currently 150 pounds.
  • boys4rmine
    Options
    I am 5'11 1/2 :)
    SW 207
    CW 184
    GW...to be toned and now trainng for a triathlon!

sofarsogood011512.jpg

DSC03120.jpg
  • Tashry
    Options
    I am 5'11 1/2 :)
    SW 207
    CW 184
    GW...to be toned and now trainng for a triathlon!

sofarsogood011512.jpg

DSC03120.jpg

Looks great. Keep up the amazing work!
  • 2bfit4fun
    2bfit4fun Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'10" medium build and started 251 now 177. Ultimate goal 160, any less than that I feel too boney and grouchy. This last year I hit the 180 plateau and couldn't figure out how to jump start my last 20 pound weight loss. So, I'm trying this website and go figure, holding myself even more accountable, I droped 3 pounds in just 1 week. Crazy.... I forgot how tracking everything I ate was so important! I thought because I was eating clean that I was fine, but I was actaully eating too much for any real weight loss. The good news, I didn't gain, so I was eating to maintain, not lose. Good luck! I loved reading these posts since most of my friends and co-workers are under 5' 5".
  • majoca
    majoca Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Brilliant post, well done everyone, the pics look absolutely amazing! :o)

I'm 5ft9 and currently 162lbs, my original goal weight was 165lbs but I have reset it to 154lbs, I started at 257lbs so I'm pretty proud of the achievement :o) I'm medium built and a size 10 (UK) so at the moment despite wanting to lose a few more pounds it's more about toning up and enjoying being at goal :o)
  • footballmom12
    footballmom12 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi..I am 5'10" and CW is 213...my GW is 175-180 and toned. In college I was 150-155 and 11% body fat playing volleyball and personally I think trying to ge back there is over the top. When I got marred I was 180ish and looked good! I just cant wait to be under 200 again :smile:

Great job those of you who have already been successful...you all look fantastic!!
  • mjanemorgan
    mjanemorgan Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    hi, im 5"11 and weigh 147lbs (from about 200lbs when pregnant) that seems a bit low but i did these measurements you can do to find out your frame size and then work out your ideal weight (i can't remember where it was from now but if you google it i think you'll find it, I think it was from eHow if that helps!) and my ideal weight came out as 140lbs (small frame) so not there yet but thought i'd post pics to shows the weight on someone my height. hope it helps! and good luck! :D

meba.jpg
  • niclambert
    niclambert Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i thought they were the same. i'm pretty sure there are 16oz to the pound in UK and US. There are 14lbs to a 'stone' which is how we measured our weight in UK way back when. I think they weigh in KIlos now and there are 2.2lbs to a kilo...so if you weigh 180lbs you'd be 81.82 Kilos...sounds great eh? we all like lower numbers :)
  • marielouisehilton
    Options
    thank you :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!