Do you shower at the gym?

Options

Replies

• sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't have much of a choice since I workout 6-7AM with my group training and have work at 8. Or after hot yoga I usually have to run somewhere else. But honestly, I prefer it because I get ready much quicker and don't get distracted as easily as I do at home. Only thing I hate is when I forget my flip flops...
  • SeaStar
    SeaStar Posts: 113
    Options
    Not really.. My shower at home is so satisfying and relaxing I'd rather enjoy it then feel like I need to rush in and out and carry around all my hair washing stuff back and forth.
  • shawnb77
    shawnb77 Posts: 8
    Options
    not anymore i caught staph at the gym now it scares me .. im gona have to find a new cleaner place to do my workouts boooo when i was going to the gym i lost 30 lbs in 3 months but
  • BlackRangerX
    BlackRangerX Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Yep, always!!! Why would I want to go to work smelling like balls?
  • AMS58
    AMS58 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    No... mainly because of modesty but because I have to take everything with me. I try to walk to and home from the gym, extra exercise on some days :flowerforyou:
  • BlackRangerX
    BlackRangerX Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't have much of a choice since I workout 6-7AM with my group training and have work at 8. Or after hot yoga I usually have to run somewhere else. But honestly, I prefer it because I get ready much quicker and don't get distracted as easily as I do at home. Only thing I hate is when I forget my flip flops...

This!!!
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    when you go before work, you pretty much have to. if I go after work, no, since I'm headed home anyway.

but for the people saying no because they don't want to haul stuff, it isn't difficult. get travel size stuff and keep it in your gym bag. take it out, shower, put it back in. easy peasy.
  • student94
    student94 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Always. I use my college's rec center and usually have to go to class right after, and not showering first feels completely gross. If I'm not headed back to class, I still shower there because water is insanely expensive where I live.

I'm jealous of all of you that seem to have spas for locker rooms! Mine is a basic as it gets, they don't even provide towels, but it's never crowded and always super clean.
  • stingrayinfl
    stingrayinfl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Only if I absolutely have to. The showers are nasty.
  • dlw13
    dlw13 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Almost every time I work out. Generally go at 6:30am, so it's train, shower, commute to work. I sweat so profusely that I would hate to sit down in my car all sweaty and nasty. :laugh:
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I don't. I've never even stuck my head in the room to see what it's like. It makes me uncomfortable to see certain people naked.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I have in situations where I was going somewhere after, but mine has actually stalls with a place to get changed in them so you don't actually have to be in any state of undress in front of anyone.

If that was the case NO WAY
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Nope , guys blowing their noses etc. (you know what I mean if you have ever watched Seinfield LOL) in the shower gross me out and I agree with not wanting my bare feet to touch the locker room floor either. Thats a good way to get athletes foot. I wait till I get home.
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Yep, the bathrooms have private shower stalls with a little dressing area so I'm fine with it. It really is a pretty nice locker/bathroom too so I don't feel icky. It's always really clean. I just put my travel size soaps in my bag & go.

Also, I mostly use the gym for swimming so I'm all wet & have to get undressed anyway.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I try to stay out of the locker room completely. It's called a towel, people. Cover it, please. Creepers.
  • AngelaWeber
    AngelaWeber Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    hell no, because I don't want to haul all my stuff there, I shower when I get home. and communal shower floors scare me.

So I agree! I am a germ freak! And the thought of someone else showering before I use the shower without it being thoroughly cleaned just gives me the heebie jeebies lol. I'll take my sweat butf home thank you :-)
  • ahsats
    ahsats Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I do when I swim. I wear flip flops in the shower and seeing other people naked doesn't bother me. Everyone in the locker room has boobs and a vag, nothing new.
  • modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    If I am going home after no. But if I am going before work yes.
  • steveprays
    Options
    Yup! When I go to the YMCA at 5:30 am I always shower and get ready for work.
    It's one reason I keep coming back to this gym. Nice lockers, shower stalls
    I bring my own toiletries, washcloth and towel.
  • trixirn
    trixirn Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    If I have to go somewhere afterwards, yes, cause I smell like a cat box. If I can come straight home, then I shower at home.