Do you shower at the gym?

Options

Replies

• cameralinds
    cameralinds Posts: 239
    Options
    I'm like three minutes from my gym and I shower at my gym... actually, I run around the neighborhood, sign in to the gym, JUST to shower sometimes... gotta save money on the water bill... might as well use the gym shower even on my "off" days... :) #frugal
  • Chantal34
    Chantal34 Posts: 128
    Options
    Yes I do, and those showers are goooooooooooood. Especially after an intense workout. Yezzir...
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    No, since i ride my bike to the gym, i would shower, and then need another one as soon as i got home. It's better to just wait.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    9cd17c67_holy20thread20resurrection.jpg
  • Chantal34
    Chantal34 Posts: 128
    Options
    My YMCA has super clean bathrooms/showers so I'm not worried about that.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I only shower at the gym when I use the pool. I live pretty close by so walking home sweaty is no biggie.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    No. I go right home after the gym and shower there.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Yes. I get 2 hours of child are at my gym so I'm gonna use it up.
  • akjmart2002
    akjmart2002 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I have to shower, otherwise I'd slime my office chair or car seat.
  • xxSjayxx
    xxSjayxx Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My gym is quite small so there are no communal showers, two private showers with locking doors etc, and then a disabled room with combined toilet & shower etc.
    We use the disabled one as my partner and I can both jump in and wash ourselves and get out of there as fats as possible...
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    YES I have to. I live in a hot climate & I sweat a lot easily that just a 10 minute workout or a 5 minute heavy weight lifting already make me too sweaty even in an airconditioned gym. So by the time I finished my workout, my entire body is already bathing itself in my own sweat.

My gym has 8 private shower areas, a sauna room & a steam bath all within the women's locker room & I have no problem being almost naked in front of other women.
  • Montanarush
    Options
    Yes! The shower is bigger, better water pressure. I get so sweaty anyway, I like clean up before I go out in public.
  • marywanoKC
    marywanoKC Posts: 176
    Options
    When I work out in the morning before I head to the office I do. I dislike it, not because I have a problem with being naked or anything in public (I'm a nude photographer & model, I've seen a ton of naked bodies, been seen naked a few times...lol) it's just so much more comfortable at home. I know where everything is, I don't have to walk from here to there to over that way for a bunch of crap. *laugh*
  • Kooraloo
    Kooraloo Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I shower at the gym! My workout ends around 9:30-9:50 PM so there's no one ever there. I hate being in my sweaty clothes or my wet suit for a long period of time. I hate getting my car chlorinated or all sweaty-slimy.
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Almost every time. My gym is 20 mins away from where I live, but work is on the next block and I generally work out in the mornings.

It used to gross me out, but I go to a small gym that's very clean and provides towels. I'd never go barefoot on the floors though... in or out of the shower, that's what flip-flops are for. My old gym used to be full of buck-naked old ladies who liked to sit directly on the locker room benches-- talk about a gross-out. I don't think I've ever seen anyone naked at the current one, though.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Nope. I wait til I get home.
  • Jennaissance
    Jennaissance Posts: 212
    Options
    No because some of my co-workers go there and I don't want them to see all my tattoos!
  • Bagman12002
    Bagman12002 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Yea like the fact I can start out with nice warm water and then slowy cool off, and not have kids pushing to get in as well.
  • DrJackson6
    DrJackson6 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Uhm, No way! Too many germs and people. :noway:
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    No, it is literally 2 minutes from my house so what's the point of showering there!