When to send relationship request on FB?

Options

Replies

• I wouldn't change your relationship status. You don't want to be a stage 5 clinger. Also, he is older and may not be into that type of younger girlishness.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    First off why does it matter that your "facebook friends" know you are in a relationship when if you are really in a relationship your real friends will eventually meet him in person

Second unless you have had a conversation to discuss if you are in a real realtionship or just dating don't assume and don't rush things usually seem great in the begining....and then you really get to know each other.

We both move from country to country frequently, so our friends are all over the world. Chances are they would not meet him in person until the relationship had been going on a very long time. For instance, we are currently living in Japan, but from different countries.

Thank you for your second point -- very good to keep in mind. I appreciate it. :flowerforyou:
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Why would you send a relationship request if he hasn't even asked you to be his gf? O.o
  • i_love_vinegar
    Options
    I think you shoul hold off on the freind request...

Thanks. We are already friends. Sorry I wasn't clearer!
  • i_love_vinegar
    Options
    If you are concerned that he might think you are keeping your options open, hide your relationship status for now.

^^^ This is what i thought also.

I'll take that into consideration. Thanks!
  • CiciPorcayo
    CiciPorcayo Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Let him add u... otherwise no matter how u put it u come off clingy if u add him first!
  • TNGURL
    TNGURL Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm unaware of the proper etiquette, but I'm pretty sure "after one date" isn't the answer.

Yeah, don't do it... you'll look needy and clingy.... way to soon, don't "announce" yet.. be low key!!!!
  • sjmgde
    sjmgde Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    FB is dumb and who cares what your FB status is. Enjoy your time with this guy and leave FB behind. Your real friends will know if your in a relationship :) and have fun dating him and chances are this guy is above FB as he barely checks it.
  • i_love_vinegar
    Options
    Are we talking "friend request" or adding him to your relationship status?

For a simple friend request I would add him when ever you want. For adding him to your relationship status I would wait until you both have discussed that you are exclusive and it looks like things are headed in the right direction. People still talk about things right?1

I meant relationship status. Sorry I wasn't clearer. Talking would make sense. Thanks :laugh:
  • sjmgde
    Options
    One more thing......congrads on finding a guy who is awesome, enjoy it and have fun :heart:
  • memcd911
    memcd911 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Never. Why does your status on FB matter anyway? This is why I deactivated. People hold that ridiculous site in much too high regard.
  • i_love_vinegar
    Options
    One more thing......congrads on finding a guy who is awesome, enjoy it and have fun :heart:

Thank you for the advice and the congrats. :flowerforyou: I appreciate it!

Sorry I am not individually responding to posts...too many.

Again, I have decided to wait. Thank you for the wonderful input everyone!
  • danigirl1011
    danigirl1011 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'm unaware of the proper etiquette, but I'm pretty sure "after one date" isn't the answer.

I agree with this. i would give it a little more time for sure
  • sjmgde
    Options
    Never. Why does your status on FB matter anyway? This is why I deactivated. People hold that ridiculous site in much too high regard.

Word
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    I think it's hilarious that you went to Google for relationship advice.

Wish I had the Interwebz when I was young. Wait, no I don't.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    No offense (truly ... I was your age not so long ago, so I get it), but this is why 22-year-olds probably shouldn't be dating grown men.

If you have to ask whether or not it's okay to call someone your boyfriend on Facebook, the answer is always NO.
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Never!!! trust me, 1st when i ended with my ex, my family, friends etc saw the change of "not in a relationship" and the calls, emails texts started to see if we were ok cuzz they found out on FB 1st, thennnnn my BFF a girl goes through relationships like changing underwear and always weekely was chaning her status in and out of relationships, it looked desparate and pathetic, i told her to stop it-Ty, my 2 cents and i want my change
  • i_love_vinegar
    Options

As I mentioned earlier (although it might have gotten lost since I posted so much :ohwell:), my friends are located around the world. Having everyone in one place makes it easy to keep in touch. :smile:
  • danigirl1011
    danigirl1011 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Are we talking "friend request" or adding him to your relationship status?

For a simple friend request I would add him when ever you want. For adding him to your relationship status I would wait until you both have discussed that you are exclusive and it looks like things are headed in the right direction. People still talk about things right?1

I meant relationship status. Sorry I wasn't clearer. Talking would make sense. Thanks :laugh:

Oh...whoa...i guess i didn't get that you meant change your relationship status. I would wait until he tells you he's not dating anyone else and says you are in a relationship before putting that on fb.
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    No offense (truly ... I was your age not so long ago, so I get it), but this is why 22-year-olds probably shouldn't be dating grown men.

If you have to ask whether or not it's okay to call someone your boyfriend on Facebook, the answer is always NO.

x2
This discussion has been closed.