Appropriate apparel?

Options

Replies

• Graciecny
    Graciecny Posts: 303
    Options
    Wear whatever you want. If all the comments from the other post about what to ban at the gym were followed, nobody would be at the gym.

^^Truth!^^
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    I have those too and war them with a pair of running shorts over them. I am just more comfortable that way in public :] Up to you though! I don't think you should change if that is what you are comfortable in

I wear leggings as pants all the time. Soooo comfy. I am right now :D sometime I do to class, the store, and whatever. Someone has a problem they can kiss my *kitten* ;D
  • Kidsrn23
    Kidsrn23 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else, wear what is comfortable and keeps you working out. I wear ua capri pants with a long shirt too.Actually I still wear maternity shirts to the gym. Good luck.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Unless someone is wearing a thing and pushup bra with nothing else, I wouldnt be offended. Wear what you want, if it's leggings or 80's aerobic gear, rock it!
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I think you should wear what is comfortable. People don't HAVE to stare at your. Be comfortable! Anything that makes you more positive about going to the gym!

^^^ THIS...... My feeling exactly!
  • purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I don't know about these other people who have a problem with what fellow gym goers wear, but I honestly don't give a c**p. When I'm at the gym, I'm there to work hard and I assume other people there are too, and I simply am not noticing what other people are wearing. If other people at the gym are taking notice of what you are wearing, they're obviously not working hard enough.
  • papa3x
    papa3x Posts: 286
    Options
    Better that than pajamas at Walmart.
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My personal rule is " are the bits covered?" them I am comfortable.
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    The only time I think it's inappropriate is when the tights/leggings/whatever are so tight that they're transparent. There have been one too many times when someone has bent over and I saw their entire *kitten* (because they weren't wearing underwear with them or a teeny tiny g string). Otherwise, rock em!
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    When you're working out, I don't care WHAT you are wearing. The people that wear the type of outfit you described just out and about like to the grocery store or out to lunch, that bothers me a little, haha :-P

^^ this exactly!
    Wear what ever works best for you - it's not a fashion show, it's time to get sweaty and burn some calories. If you feel better and can actually work out better, that's all that matters.
  • amberjean30
    amberjean30 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    ey, if you're only wearing this as work out attire, fine by me!! if I saw my best girl friend @ the grocery store in this first I would ask her about her day, if she mentioned nothing about working out (either just getting done or on her way) I would have to tell her to put some friggin pants on. and pray she would do the same if it were me :huh:
  • cherylastone1
    cherylastone1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    As long as you are comfortable, wear what you want! I agree with other posters - if you're not hanging out everywhere showing things that shouldn't be shown, wear what you want. When I go work out, I think I look hideous - capri leggings and big floppy t-shirts. I need to be comfortable, and that's what I'm comfortable in. I'm not there for anyone to look at me - I'm there to work!
  • drich1989
    drich1989 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't get why any one has the right to care what others are wearing? How about we start worrying about ourselves and leave others out of it? What do you care if someone wears yoga pants to grocery shop? Or a tight top to the gym? Stop staring and it wont bother you. Live your own life people!
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the post you are referring to, but I say be comfortable. If you are okay in it, who cares what anyone else thinks?

I have a HARD time finding workout clothes. Most of mine are UA as well, but, I prefer to be nearly naked. It doesn't matter to me how cold it is, if I am racing, I will be in shorts or a running skirt and tank-top with a light jacket / shirt that will be off shortly.

And, yes, I am the girl in the dressing room at Academy doing push-ups to see if the girls will fall out of the top of that sports bra, or jogging in place to see if they bounce too much, or if shorts are going to ride up, etc.

Finding the perfect workout clothes is hard work. Wear what you like! :flowerforyou:
  • iluxoxo211
    iluxoxo211 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Girl..wear what feels most comfy to you while your working out..who gives a crap what he or she has to say!! your there to work out and get healthy for you..not for them! keep your chin up there may be someone around the corner thinking you look damn fine in your spandex lol!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Judgy McJudgersons at the gym are something I would like to see banned. I don't give a *kitten* what you're wearing as long as you're not getting intimate fluids on the machines, and you're busting *kitten*.

I weigh 200 pounds and I wear tight yoga pants and a spandex tank top to work out. Oh, I have makeup on too, because I go straight to the gym after work. I DARE someone to have something to say to me about it.
  • betslyn
    betslyn Posts: 8
    Options
    When people make fun of what you are wearing or anything else for that matter , it is their own insecurities that are coming out. Don't let them suck you in. Smart, secure people don't make fun of people. Pay them no mind and remember it is your time. your workout and I say do what you think is best for you and wear what will make your workout the best. Nothing is worse then putting in the time and effort and not getting the best workout just because the clothes are getting in your way!
  • ccadroz93
    ccadroz93 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I think that even the very "fit" people ought not be wearing leggings without shorts or a longer shirt over them. The thing is that whoever is wearing them may as well be naked because absolutely nothing is left up to the imagination. Men are visually stimulated and seeing a naked rear end whether it be blue, purple, pink, black or green is irrelevant. My husband quit the gym we were at because of the poor choices women made in their workout attire. He would get so frustrated! I guess I am pretty lucky there......I even struggle with the ones that wear leggings and a sport bra.....I mean, really??? I feel tempted to go put a dollar in their strap!! LOL But, I also have to realize that they are obviously comfortable in what THEY are wearing, or else they wouldn't be wearing it!! I have to get the plank out of my own eye before I can point out the splinter in someone elses :-)

I admire a woman who is concerned about whether or not what she is wearing is appropriate; I go through it everyday too, so kuddos to you!! I love leggings, because they ARE so comfy and don't go up my crack when I am walking. They also keep my shorts from going up my crack or riding up my thighs and they are great for blocking chilly wind. It's important to be comfortable when working out, but I also try to be mindful of all the men I know (or don't know) that I may come in contact with.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    fat-batman-04.jpg

Batman and I agree, wear what you are comfortable being active in. We do.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I think that even the very "fit" people ought not be wearing leggings without shorts or a longer shirt over them. The thing is that whoever is wearing them may as well be naked because absolutely nothing is left up to the imagination. Men are visually stimulated and seeing a naked rear end whether it be blue, purple, pink, black or green is irrelevant. My husband quit the gym we were at because of the poor choices women made in their workout attire. He would get so frustrated! I guess I am pretty lucky there......I even struggle with the ones that wear leggings and a sport bra.....I mean, really??? I feel tempted to go put a dollar in their strap!! LOL But, I also have to realize that they are obviously comfortable in what THEY are wearing, or else they wouldn't be wearing it!! I have to get the plank out of my own eye before I can point out the splinter in someone elses :-)

I admire a woman who is concerned about whether or not what she is wearing is appropriate; I go through it everyday too, so kuddos to you!! I love leggings, because they ARE so comfy and don't go up my crack when I am walking. They also keep my shorts from going up my crack or riding up my thighs and they are great for blocking chilly wind. It's important to be comfortable when working out, but I also try to be mindful of all the men I know (or don't know) that I may come in contact with.

You're not honestly suggesting that men cannot control their urges around women wearing spandex at the gym, are you? And that somehow women are at fault for it? AND that women who are wearing spandex and sports bras are akin to strippers?

I cannot respond to this with kind words.