ditch too big clothes?

Options
124»

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    However there are several shirts (I'm a huge graphic tee person) I'll be sad to let go of so when the time comes I'm going to make a few into pillows and the rest I'm going to cut out the graphics and stitch them all together and put on a huge canvas (it's like 4 feet tall) I've had for a while and hang it on my wall. That way I can still enjoy the designs and also show off how far I've come.
    That's a very creative idea. But also - if you can sew at all, altering a T-shirt is really simple. Unless the graphic itself is larger than your torso is now (possible with some shirts) you could resize it so it fits you now.
  • lisaishotpink
    Options
    I have gone down a size since starting my weight loss, and I have a big pile of clothes I'm planning to donate. I have a many more pounds to lose, but this is a milestone for me! I will never wear them again, so why not donate to those who need? Plus, if I get rid of them, I won't gain weight bc I refuse to buy bigger clothes again!! Good luck with your journey, and whatever decision youke will be the right one for you!
  • kirstineu
    kirstineu Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have a general rule, if you haven't worn somthing for over 12 months then you should get rid of it anyway. I have to admit there are a couple of sentimental items in my wardrobe that this does not apply to. Perhaps you should keep one 'large ' outfit so that you can see how far you have come?

Good luck!

:flowerforyou:
  • alistephens12
    Options
    Everyone says get rid of them, and I agree, and if you have a deep bank account donations work, but if you are on more of a tight budget I would sell them to a resale store. You can usually get better prices on your items if you take store credit and that way you can turn your past into your present and future, very theraputic. I also recommend keeping items to try on to remind yourself of where you have been. I have a pair of shorts, the only one that really fit me when I was at my biggest. I lived in those things. I sometimes get discouraged, then drag those out, put them on, watch them fall to the floor, and realize even with the road ahead, I have come a long way!
  • NaeNaeJanae
    NaeNaeJanae Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    This is a great way to reuse them! I've also made camping quilts and dog coats out of old, too big jeans!!
    :)
  • potatoyam
    potatoyam Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    YES!! DITCH THEM!!! A roommate once said to me after I lost a lot of weight... DO you REALLY want to be that weight and have to wear those again? Nope... DONATE!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    donate. Refuse to go back.

Exactly! Of course it's a bit challenging when the cold weather starts to appear (like right now) and you find that you only have one pair of long pants in the wardrobe.... but, as I'm 20kg lighter than this time last year, I'll just suck it up and go shopping!
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys. I loved these responses!!!! They really inspired me. I'm gathering all my too big stuff to get rid of.
    Will keep one old pair of pants for before and after pics.
    Love the super creative idea of making a hanging with your graphic tees, how cool!
    Stopped at Savers tonight after work and got a bunch of tops for super cheap!
    You all really inspired me.

Don't even keep that pair of big jeans, either!! You can always go to WalMart when you are at goal weight.... get your old size off the shelf. Put them on in the Try Out Room, take the pic, then put them back on the shelf!!

That is exactly what I am planning to do. Such a great idea!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!