Peyton Manning :(

Options

Replies

• ryno0618
    ryno0618 Posts: 361
    Options
    the Chiefs are great at picking up superstar qb's past their prime and paying them way too much.
  • Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Top teams in the hunt are Cardinals, Miami, and NYJ. I think he will opt for Miami if the coaching staff is to his liking.
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I would love to see him with another Tennessee team, but I don't think the Titans have a chance with him. If he does retire, I think coaching is DEFINITELY in store for him..Maybe back at good ole UT? (Don't get me wrong...I do love Derek Dooley...)
  • skinnyack
    skinnyack Posts: 683
    Options
    LOL, his brother worked so hard to get OUT of San Diego, I think Peyton should go there, just because. I know they are not in the top ten, but I just like fun crap like that.

I second- but as our 3rd string/practice team quarterback. He can earn his pay grade by warming the bench and doing part time at our world famous zoo in the childrens petting area... except we'd maybe also put in a martini bar... and kick the children and the goats out... and charge a higher admission... and *purrrrrrrr.* I'm going to need Mark Sanchez to get injured also.

I want to humiliate them... but I would also like to touch them. PRETTY!
  • tnvolsfan74
    tnvolsfan74 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I would love to see him with another Tennessee team, but I don't think the Titans have a chance with him. If he does retire, I think coaching is DEFINITELY in store for him..Maybe back at good ole UT? (Don't get me wrong...I do love Derek Dooley...)

^^^ Agreed
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    i would love for the eagles to grab him and get rid of vick. not happening though.

TOTALLY!!!!!!
  • malinen23
    malinen23 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    There are only a few teams with elite QBs (Brady, Brees, Eli, and such), Then a group of teams with decent guys (Tony Romo, Mike Vick) and then you have the up and comers (Cam Newton, Andy Dalton, Sam Bradford). I think that leaves a few teams that can use him. People like Tim Tebow and Christian Ponder can learn a lot from playing behind Peyton for the next three years. This is what I think.

Cleveland - He Can teach McCoy a think or two
    Jacksonville - Same thing with Gabbert
    Denver - Same thing with Tebow, and best chance of winning with their defense.
    Minnesota - Again, Ponder can sit and learn
    Washington - They have no QB at all
    Seattle - Tavaris Jackson, say no more.

KC and Jets are possible, but I don't see the coaching staffs of those teams sitting their guys. KC has Cassell and Orton

I love this topic, if I had more time I would go through every team. LOL.
  • MarshallCroft
    Options
    Agree. Has there been any news about his health? I'd like for him to play and get at least one more ring. I always thought that he was better than Eli, but Eli's the one with 2 rings on his hand...
  • LadyBuell
    LadyBuell Posts: 164
    Options
    Watching the press conference now. Yes Peyton is no longer with the Colts. :sad: But I missed what he is going to do because I got called to my boss' office to explain my next assignment.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I can't believe that Peyton Manning will no longer be an Indianapolis Colt :(

Just curious what team would you like to see him go to??

Anywhere but the NFC South. :)

Agreed, unless no one else steps up to sign him...then I wouldn't mind him signing with my Panthers as a second or third stringer. Would be a great seasoned QB for Cam to learn from. :) I'm not holding my breath on that one, though. LOL
  • CorinthiaB
    CorinthiaB Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I would venture to say the Titans. That way he will remain in the AFC and come back to beat the snot crap out of Irsay.
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I think the best case scenario would be for Peyton to go to the Cardinals. I like Ken Whisenhunt and he had success with Kurt Warner.
  • FrozenTundra511
    FrozenTundra511 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    It looks like AZ, KC, Denver, Miami are the frontrunners with Seattle and WA still kicking the merchandise
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Well I woke up this morning hoping he'd come to Jacksonville, but since he met with John Elway this afternoon in Denver, they can have him and we'll take Timmy. Timmy was born and raised in Jacksonville and we should have drafted him and Percy Harvin when we had the chance! Maybe we'll get a second one!!!
  • DS67ATX
    DS67ATX Posts: 289
    Options
    I think Manning will go down as one of the best quarterbacks of all time.I think he has three good years left in him.Im a Cowboys fan and I would love for Dallas to trade Romo and pick up Manning but thats not going to happen.I see Manning going to the Miami Dolphins.
  • gaberieger
    Options
    I can't believe that Peyton Manning will no longer be an Indianapolis Colt :(

Just curious what team would you like to see him go to??
    I'm thinking DC or Arizona. And it would not surprise me one bit if Denver went after him. Tebow-Time is great and all... but the fact still remains, he is a horrible QB.

2vmujnm.jpg
    (from Adam S. post)
    Looks like I called that shot. Manning >> Broncos.
  • wells0707
    wells0707 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I am sooo excited! I'm happy he found his way to the Broncos!
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Now who is going to get Tebow? Please not Miami!
  • AvsFreak
    AvsFreak Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I am sooo excited! I'm happy he found his way to the Broncos!

AAAWWWWW YYYEAAAHHHH!!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    tebowcoffeeinkcolor600.gif