a good tasting protein bar?

Options

Replies

• b3llzy
    b3llzy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    im looking for something as a snake or breakfast that tastes good! anybody know of a good one. keeping in mind that i dont want a lot of calories. under 200 would be awesome. :) it doesnt have to have a TON of protein but at least 10 grams. thx!

Please don't eat any snakes

hahahahaha
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I bought a box called Fiber One and I ate the whole box watching a movie one night, needless to say I thought I was going to die that night, I woke up in so much stomach pain.

A WHOLE BOX? Why? I've had those. they taste good, but really high fiber content...
  • RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    The snickers marathon bars are delicious. I'm not sure how healthy they are for you but they taste good.
  • siobhano_
    siobhano_ Posts: 101
    Options
    Bake your own? That way you can cut out a bunch of the sugar, and replace it with mashed banana/artificial sweetener and add protein powder. Use the recipe checker on mfp to figure out the calories and macros :)

A lot of the bars that you buy are very high in calories, and don't really full you up
  • kaiteboo
    kaiteboo Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    im looking for something as a snake or breakfast that tastes good! anybody know of a good one. keeping in mind that i dont want a lot of calories. under 200 would be awesome. :) it doesnt have to have a TON of protein but at least 10 grams. thx!

Please don't eat any snakes

^ this! I am a snaketarian!

(\ .-. .-. /_")
    \\_//^\\_//^\\_//
    `"` `"` `"`

lol but in all seriousness you should make your own! a lot of the store bought ones are full of garbage you don't need!

http://www.food.com/recipe/peanut-butter-protein-bars-79090
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I like just about all of the Balance Bars - cookie mint crunch, caramel nut blast, fudge brownie, cinnamon roll, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

mocha chip is Yum!
  • ullrichMEX
    ullrichMEX Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    In my opinion Zone bars are the best.

protein, lots of vitamins, etc etc 200 cal each and CHEAP (of course as compared to other brands)
  • DaChozn
    DaChozn Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    QuestBars are good, peanut butter & jelly is my fave. 20 grams of protein no matter what the flavor. Order online only at QuestBar.com,or look at the advertisements on this site.

I second this. QuestBars are pretty tasty with low sugar, high fiber, and high protein. My new favorite is from their natural line (sweetened with naturally occuring sugar-free sweeteners like erythritol and stevia). I really like the cinnamon roll and the coconut one. If you don't go for natural line, the QuestBar chocolate warmed up tastes like a brownie. They're pretty filling. I order mine from netrition.
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein is my fav brand. I love the Chocolate Peanut Butter, but the S'mores is pretty good too. I get them in boxes at Walmart, most other places (at least around here) only sell other brands (and some other flavors of Pure Protein) individually, and they cost more that way.
  • deedog007
    deedog007 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah protein bars are the best ever!!!!

taste better than a regular candy bar without the guilt.. i load up on them from Costco for snacks.
  • gdr1976
    gdr1976 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I like the Met RX bars. The one I like is 310 calories with 32G of protein. I know that's more than you were looking for, but it also says on the label for best results take with atleast 8oz of water. I usually have one of those after a heavy lifting day with about 24 oz of water. So maybe try the one you already like and chase it down with some water and see if that helps.
  • lialuck13
    lialuck13 Posts: 58
    Options
    hahaha, I'm a jerk.

but in all seriousness, I am a HUGE fan of Cliff Bars. The chewy white macademia nut ones are aaawesome :)
  • pandasand
    pandasand Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Not low cal (270-290), but Premier Nutrition protein bars are my favorite. They have 30 g protein, around 25g carb, fairly low sugar and fat. Oh and they taste AMAZING.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    QuestBars are good, peanut butter & jelly is my fave. 20 grams of protein no matter what the flavor. Order online only at QuestBar.com,or look at the advertisements on this site.

Hmm will have to check them out. Most "protein bars" are garbage - loaded with sugar and not much protein. 10g in those Zone and Clif bars and such? Not really worth talking about. Hell, those Larabars are even worse, 200+ calories and 5-10g of protein? It's just all sugar and fat in them. Fine if that's what you're looking for, but that's a lotta calories for a small amount of protein.

20 is better at least. Good amount of fiber too (I try to get 35g a day so that's important). The Pure Proteins aren't too bad but I was looking for something new. Thanks.
  • chelso0o
    chelso0o Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    +1 cliff bars. My favorites are blueberry crisp, and oatmeal walnut raisin.
  • babsbabe
    babsbabe Posts: 4
    Options
    Totally agree on the Think Thin bars. The great thing about those is that they are also lower in carbs and sugars than some of the others. Special K are good but they don't have the protein so they don't really fill you up.

I also love the Zone bars, which tend to have a great ration of carb-protein-fat. Another favorite are Power Crunch bars. These are low carb and they taste like a kit kat! They have a wafer texture to them that's really different from other bars. To be honest, you can kinda taste the protein in them, but I've come to enjoy the flavor. Hope it helps!

Laribars are another gluten-free option - they're paleo too
  • babsbabe
    babsbabe Posts: 4
    Options
    Oh Yeah bars really are great, but maybe not as good for women, as they tend to be higher in calories... Unless there's a lighter version that you know about?
  • sillylily1960
    sillylily1960 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Kellogs is good.
  • paigeleigh417
    Options
    Zone Perfect bars! They're amazing, I actually just had one a few hours ago because I was starving and wanting something chocolately! I like the double dark chocolate and the dark chocolate almond flavors (190 cals each), but they have others as well!
  • jsenecal12
    Options
    I've gotten into Think Thin bars - especially the creamy peanut butter flavor. It tastes like a Reese's cup and they're 230 calories with 20 grams of protein, and 1 gram of sugar or less :). They have a chocolate covered strawberries flavored one too with 15 grams of protein and only 200 calories.