a good tasting protein bar?

Options
1235»

Replies

• dustinbabich
    Options
    chocolate bars with yogurt. Its delicious.

http://www.mwmcamelia.com/our-store/proteinbars.html
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    QuestBars are good, peanut butter & jelly is my fave. 20 grams of protein no matter what the flavor. Order online only at QuestBar.com,or look at the advertisements on this site.

Hmm will have to check them out. Most "protein bars" are garbage - loaded with sugar and not much protein. 10g in those Zone and Clif bars and such? Not really worth talking about. Hell, those Larabars are even worse, 200+ calories and 5-10g of protein? It's just all sugar and fat in them. Fine if that's what you're looking for, but that's a lotta calories for a small amount of protein.

20 is better at least. Good amount of fiber too (I try to get 35g a day so that's important). The Pure Proteins aren't too bad but I was looking for something new. Thanks.

Quoting because this guy now has a love affair with quest bars and has since turned me on to them, too. I'm totally in love with quest bars cinnamon roll and coconut cashew flavors- by a long shot the best I've tried.

Sidenote- I think it's really a stretch to call some of these suggestions "protein" bars. Mostly they're energy bars with a little bit of protein. Like clif bars, for example, are delicious, but at 200+ calories and 10 grams of protein they're not all that different, macro wise, from a standard bagel, and I would be hard pressed to find anyone that considers a bagel a protein supplement.
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I like the Luna Protein but ill try those Zone ones!
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Myprotein.co.uk Double Choc Protein Cookies.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
  • teelynn35
    teelynn35 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    ecotrek fitness bars. 195 calories, all natural superfood ingredients. go to www.ecotrekfitness.com there is a link there you can buy the bars from. They are super yummy. 10 gr protein
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

I find the Quest bars to be lower calorie, better macros and better tasting. But the Supreme bars are definitely #2 on the list. I think they're slightly cheaper too.
  • cstexas2012
    cstexas2012 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I prefer cliff builder's bars even though they have a lot of calories. 20g of protein keeps me full even if it's the only breakfast I eat, especially if I have a glass of milk or yogurt with it.