What get's you going in the morning?

Options

Replies

• ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    For the life of me, I cannot understand why people set their alarms way before they plan to get up so they can press the snooze button 10 times. My sister sets hers an hour early for this reason. Why not have an extra hour of uninterrupted sleep? Doesn't make sense to me.

But to answer the question, on MWF, I get up at 4:15, shower, eat breakfast, watch or read the news for a bit, do my hair and makeup, get dressed, pack my lunch, and I'm usually in the office by 6:15 or 6:30. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I don't eat breakfast or lunch (I'm an intermittent faster), so I get up at 5:30 and am out the door by 6. On weekends, I find it impossible to sleep later than 7 AM because of how early I get up during the week, but that's okay because if I sleep in, I'm usually completely unproductive and feel like I wasted the whole day. I like to be out the door and doing whatever I'm going to do that day by 8:30 or 9 AM.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Massive amounts of coffee!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Alarm clock, snooze button, repeat 4-5 times, reluctantly get up, shower, dress, fix lunches for me & hubby while he showers and dresses, drive to work.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    For the life of me, I cannot understand why people set their alarms way before they plan to get up so they can press the snooze button 10 times. My sister sets hers an hour early for this reason. Why not have an extra hour of uninterrupted sleep? Doesn't make sense to me.

Because we know we will hit it anyway.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Up at 5:40, take the puppy out to pee, feed him, and go back to bed. Get up at 6:40, find my clothes, brush my teeth, pull my hair back, make coffee and lunch and our the door by 7:05.
  • dtucker4403
    dtucker4403 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Get up at 4:30 (ugh) No snooze cause hubby gets mad when alarm goes off 18 times in the morning before he has to get up. Then immediately make coffee. Wash face and put hair up (try to look human). Put on work out stuff, grab water bottle, coffee and go to gym. Work out for 30-45 min. Come home...more coffee. Eat something, make my daughter hurry to catch the bus. Get ready for work, shower,etc. Out the door at 7:15 a.m. (maybe 7:20 depending on what I can find to wear).
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Coffee, My animals want outside and food
    snack
    check email/log
    do my workout
    Breakfest
    Work
    :-)
  • Poetic_
    Poetic_ Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Wake up around 5:57am before the alarm goes off. My alarm clock scares me. Use the bathroom, weigh myself, shower, cook, brush teeth, listen to music and check MFP for 30-40 minutes. Then head to work between 7:20-7:30.

I was always a night person, going to sleep 3-4 in the morning and waking up 10-11. I'm getting used to this early day life though.
  • demningoreilly
    Options
    Up at 5 a.m. Do cardio for 1 hr. Get ready for work. Do any chores that need to be done from night before. Have breakfast (oatmeal & skim milk), get kids up and out the door at 7:50 for school & work. I'm sitting at my desk by 8:20 a.m. By 9 p.m. I'm ready for my bed.
  • bellevie23
    bellevie23 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Get up at 5-530 AM with child #1, get him changed and all, 6 AM the other 2 wake up, get them out, changed, set them at the table, make them breakfast, switch back to feed baby #1, once all children are fed, I try and eat some myself, then I clean up breakfast and dishes. Everyday la-di-da-di.
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Alarm goes off at 5:10am. Shower, dress, make breakfast. Wake up my son & get him dressed. Give him breakfast. Grab bags and head out the door at 6:30am.

I pack lunches/bags & layout clothes the night before, to save time in the morning.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Most mornings, I am up at 4:15 to be at the gym by 4:45. I finish my workout by 5:45 and head home. I get myself ready then wake up my 3 year old and get her ready and head out the door to be at work by 8am.

I wouldn't say I'm a morning person exactly, but I have to get my workouts done in the morning, or they just won't happen.
  • Katiemarie4488
    Katiemarie4488 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I get up around 430, pack my fiance's lunch for the day and send him off to work. Do my workout, get my 7 year old up and ready for school and I shower. All while eating breakfast and packing our lunches. Then I head off to work.

Holy crap, your good!

Holy Crap, your Crazy!!! :laugh: :smokin: :yawn:
  • DQMD
    DQMD Posts: 193
    Options
    Roll out of bed after the alarm clock has gone off. Stand in the shower trying to wake up. Get dressed, take my dog out for his morning walk. At that point he is usually bouncing off the wall with needing to go out. He is lazy..while I shower and dress he will stay in the bed.

Come back pack my food for the day, put contacts in and do my hair & makeup. IF I am lazy..I will shove my hair in a ponytail and put on makeup.

Get to work and eat.

Today I am not feeling so hot...so not eating right now.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Coffee, lots of coffee.

I get as much as possible ready the night before so I don't have to think too much right after I wake up.

Not a morning person!
  • rockyshrode
    rockyshrode Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Truly, nothing gets me going in the morning... but I do have a routine:
    -Alarm goes off for the first time at 6:09am, hit snooze twice, finally rolling out of bed (cursing the morning) at 627am.
    -Drop a kiss on my fiance's shoulder, snuggle our cat.
    -Off to the bathroom for a weigh-in, vigorous teeth brushing, and some make-up.
    -Mornings are so not my thing, so I pack my lunch + set out clothes the night before. This step takes about 3 minutes.
    -Out the door and hurrying to work, sorely missing the warmth of my bed. :(
    -Breakfast at my desk (diet mtn dew or hot tea, and then some instant oatmeal or yogurt).
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    My 5am workouts and my protein shake!!!
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    6:00AM
    3 eggs, 1 cup oats, 1 cup milk, 1 scoop vanilla protein, 1 tbsp natty PB = 800 cals, 75carbs, 75gpro, 30-something fat.

Leave house at 7, smoke a bowl in the car, drive 30 minutes to work.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Monday & Friday: Alarm 545 - 600, eat & dress, at my desk by 7 - 715
    T, W, Th: Alarm 445, Workout starts 530, try to be at my desk by 7 (W it's more like 745), eat at my desk
  • katherinemm31
    Options
    Usually up between 6-7 a.m., drink coffee while taking meds and checking email. If I have to go to work, I get ready right away and feel great. If not, I kind of drift around on the internet, write a little, do some laundry, run errands, that kind of thing, but I am really unmotivated and often sleep a lot. Sometimes I don't even get dressed until just before the kids come home, and that's just so they don't think their mother is a sloth. Would love to work more, not full-time because I have responsibilities with the kids, but working gives me a real sense of mission and a chance to serve others. It's also energizing and fun and I get way more exercise when I work.

If I were to exercise in the morning, I would be dead by late morning.