What get's you going in the morning?

Options

Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I get up around 430, pack my fiance's lunch for the day and send him off to work. Do my workout, get my 7 year old up and ready for school and I shower. All while eating breakfast and packing our lunches. Then I head off to work.

I pack everything up the night before and get the extra 15 minutes sleep, LOL.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Very sloooooooowly. :yawn: Usually up by 6am, shower, hair/makeup, dress, pack gym bag and lunch, take BP meds, drink whole bottle of water, breakfast, morning Bible reading/prayer, leave for work by 8-8:10am, clock in, have coffee, have morning snack @ 10am, have second cup of coffee, I'm now FULLY awake just in time for lunch @ 12pm.
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Every other day I get up at 4:30 am to get to the gym!!! Home by 5:45 with just enough time to shower, dress, get beautiful, make a lunch, eat breakfast and rush out the door with my husband because we share a car. He drops me off at 6:45 for work and then I basically check emails, prepare for the day & go on mfp until around 8 when my day offically starts with students!

On the opposite days it's the same story minus the morning workout, so I get to sleep in for an extra hour :love:
  • katherinemm31
    Options
    Usually up between 6-7 a.m., drink coffee while taking meds and checking email. If I have to go to work, I get ready right away and feel great. If not, I kind of drift around on the internet, write a little, do some laundry, run errands, that kind of thing, but I am really unmotivated and often sleep a lot. Sometimes I don't even get dressed until just before the kids come home, and that's just so they don't think their mother is a sloth. Would love to work more, not full-time because I have responsibilities with the kids, but working gives me a real sense of mission and a chance to serve others. It's also energizing and fun and I get way more exercise when I work.

If I were to exercise in the morning, I would be dead by late morning.
    Forgot to add I take care of the pet feeding and nagging the kids.
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I get up around 430, pack my fiance's lunch for the day and send him off to work. Do my workout, get my 7 year old up and ready for school and I shower. All while eating breakfast and packing our lunches. Then I head off to work.

Holy crap, your good!

Good or something... crazy might be a word, but I guess if it works for you...(Don't know why the fiance can't get his own lunch and needs sending off to work, but hey.)
  • TundraTed
    TundraTed Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Up at 4:40am- Brush Teeth and get dressed.
    Drive to gym
    5:00am-6:00am Workout time.
    6:00-6:30ish Shower/Get Ready
    Make Oatmeal, grab yogurt/fruit/coffee
    Start work.
    More Coffee
    Coffee please
    Are we out of coffee?
  • Tamyraucandoit
    Options
    along with some others......don't know why, but I hit the snooze 2-3 times before getting up! Then onto the shower and EVERY morning my sweet husband makes my coffee and brings it to me as soon as I step out of the shower! I love him so much.
  • tiffastar
    tiffastar Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hit snooze several times (my alarm is set an hour before I have to wake up since I have an apparent addiction to the snooze button), bathroom, feed the baby, wake up the oldest kid, start my work out by 6:30, in the shower by 7a, breakfast of cereal or packet of oatmeal or egg & canbacon sandwich, hair and makeup, wake up middle child, dress, heels, wakeup husband, kisses to everyone and out the door.
  • tiffastar
    tiffastar Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    along with some others......don't know why, but I hit the snooze 2-3 times before getting up! Then onto the shower and EVERY morning my sweet husband makes my coffee and brings it to me as soon as I step out of the shower! I love him so much.

That's a husband worth keeping :)
  • archgrrrl
    archgrrrl Posts: 62
    Options
    At 5:30 every morning my bright-eyed toddler puts his smiling face right up to mine and says "Hi". Works like a charm to get me up and going. It's impossible to be grumpy when that's the wake-up call you get :)
  • eliz_in_pink
    eliz_in_pink Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I get up at 5:18am (yes, I know odd time!). I throw on my knee brace, pack my lunch, brush my teeth and put my hair in a pony tail. At 5:40, I am out the door for a 20 minute drive to the gym. Get to the gym at 6am- workout until 7am. At the gym (which is also at the college I work) there are showers and places to get ready so I get ready there. At 7:50, I walk out the gym door, grab a coffee, and am in my office chair at 8am!

The trick for me is packing my gym bags (I teach a workout class after work as well) and packing my youth group bag (I lead a youth group) at night and throw it all in my trunk of my car before I go to bed- otherwise, I'd never get up! LOL
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Typically I wake up to my alarm, and I wake up quiet fast. I enjoy lounging for a bit, but Im a pretty quick riser. I normally check a few of my online blogs, as well as MFP, and maybe watch an episode on Hulu. Then I work out, shower, eat, panic because Im running behind (I always am), rush to class, and get there 5 min late.

In short, Ive always hated being early
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    First alarm goes off at 6:02. We usually hit snooze until 6:17, when I have a secondary alarm go off right after the first, so I have to get up. I like sleep. Really like sleep. And neither husband nor I have much willpower when it comes to getting out of that cold snuggly bed and starting up another hectic rushed day. I used to sleep until 7, but I've come to realize that the longer I've been awake before the kids, the more patience I have with trying to herd two preschoolers through morning routines.
    I get dressed in my gym clothes, go downstairs and get the coffee on. I make husband his egg sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then sit down to coffee and whatever it is I'm eating that morning. Husband leaves for work at 6:45, and I spend 15 minutes getting the kid's breakfast ready, then go and get them up at 7. They eat, I help get them dressed, and then we leave for preschool at 8:19. I usually can find about ten minutes to sneak onto here, if I get them ready with time to spare (like today). After I drop my four year old off at preschool, little one and I go over to the recreation center. She goes to childcare, I go to workout.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    I'm up worked out, ate breakfast and ready to start my day. How do you start yours?

shut up...i have the flu, but still logging in, hope my shake stays down...my hair hurts...
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    It's surprising to see the number of people who don't shower before work/school....I'd feel dirty all day. A hot shower and coffee are what I need to start my day....
  • DQMD
    DQMD Posts: 193
    Options
    I have to shower..it is how I wake up in the AM.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    alarm goes off at 6:15 (no snooze)
    wake up two teenagers
    weigh myself
    get dressed in workout clothes
    take care of the 12 year old arthritic Lab (help her downstairs, give her all her meds and food)
    drink coffee that was prepared the night before (thank heavens for self timers!)
    Eat a piece of toast with almond butter (unless it's golf day)
    send older son off to school at 6:50
    take younger one to different school at 7:10
    if it's golf day, go home, eat full breakfast, stretch and hit the range by 8:00, home at 1:00
    if it's any other day, go to gym and get my workout in, home by 9:15 or 10:15 depending on workout
    shower
    Eat like a starving person!!
  • BeautifulRedButterfly
    BeautifulRedButterfly Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    i wake up to my baby girl constantly moving around in my belly xD little brat never stops moving.
  • burgenah
    burgenah Posts: 76
    Options
    alarm goes off at 5:30 I hit it several times, before the over anxious boxer (Shamrock, as we call her) won't let me sleep anymmore, shower, makeup and hair, walk said dog, feed her, make kiddo's lunches, drop off said kiddos and off to get coffee and work...
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Alarm's set for 5:30am, make the hub hit the snooze till 6am, xD. Get up, make toast for the both of us, sit on the couch and stare at nothing, then take the hubby to work. Come home, workout from about 7ish to 8am, shower, then finally work. Then MFP all day! haha