Anyone else on 1200 cal/day and want a new friend?

Options
123457»

Replies

• Andufrene
    Andufrene Posts: 44
    Options
    Hi, I'm on 1200 also! Anyone feel free to add me!
  • shawnroudebush
    shawnroudebush Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    abosutely. I am new here and need to start holding myself accountable. I have never had a weight problem and i probably still don't YET but I have been binge eating lately and I don't like how my clothes fit. I have been working out big time and that is going great but I have been outeating my workouts for sure. I am so bummed. I never used to eat like this and I don't know what my problem is and it is hard to break. I am trying for 1200 a day but hard when my hubby is a junk food junkie and there is no way to get it out of the house so I will have to go on willpower alone. I used to do it but I am in a bad habit now that needs to be broken. Any advice would be apprecciated!
  • tcleeton
    tcleeton Posts: 10
    Options
    Also doing 1200 calories a day.... been kinda of hard to pull off with high intensity training, but the results have been amazing. Take about 18 vitamins a day to make sure I am not shorting my body of nutrients. Loosing 3-4 ibs a week, lost about 8% body fat in 2 months.. Should be down to around 14% body fat in another month!
  • Clarimusic00
    Clarimusic00 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi there :) My goal in MFP is 1500 calories a day but I personally aim for 1200. I'm always looking for more people to motivate and 'chat' with about dieting and weightloss. Anyone is welcome to add me :)
  • kirstenthompson3207
    Options
    Hi There I’m new and just started 1200 cal a day need some ideas on what’s good to eat I’m keen to hear what others are eating 😄
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,853 Member
    Options
    Hi There I’m new and just started 1200 cal a day need some ideas on what’s good to eat I’m keen to hear what others are eating 😄

@kirstenthompson3207, you might want to start a new thread to ask about this. This thread is from 2012, and most of those people have left MFP long ago (maybe all of them).

I started at 1200 (plus exercise, per MFP's design) and it was way too little - I got weak and fatigued, took weeks to recover. That, despite being older, not very tall, and sedentary outside of exercise.

I'm not saying that would be true for you: I'm just explaining why I wouldn't be a good support for that specific thing.

I did lose weight though (obese to healthy weight in just under a year), so I do have some thoughts about what's good to eat at reduced calories. I think it's foods you enjoy eating that keep you mostly full and happy while adding up to reasonable calories and overall reasonable nutrition. What those foods are tends to be quite individual.

There are no special "diet foods" that guarantee success, or "bad foods" that inherently need to be completely ruled out (other than maybe some foods that you personally can't moderate, which is also individual).

This is what I did to lose weight and stay at a healthy weight for 7+ years since, basically by remodeling my existing way of eating in a more positive direction, somewhat gradually:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1

That won't be perfect for everyone, but it's one possible approach that has been effective for me and others, and it can work at pretty much any calorie level.

Best wishes!