why do you over eat?

Options
124»

Replies

• purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I get a literal high from food I enjoy, it makes me very, very happy. It's very hard to come to terms with the fact that I need to stop allowing that to control my food choices.
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Like a lot of you have said: boredom and loneliness.
    I'm trying to enjoy early retirement but my husband still lives for the challenges at work, and our last child recently set out into the world. I'm home alone an awful lot. Have been making time for the hour or hour & a half to work out (have great start to home gym), started some hobby type things (latch hook, painting, gardening with the nice weather, reading) and have one night a week I call spa night (bath oil soak, mud mask, deep conditioner, exfoliate & moisturize, mani/pedi). Filling the time with as many "feel good" things as I can helps a lot.
  • SaSSyhasCurls
    Options
    One of the ways I remember for overeating was due to being happy socially, out of boredom, or loneliness. Now when I'm bored I go to the gym and when I'm happy socially, I make plans to do things that are non-food related, when I'm lonely, I try to keep myself busy to not dwell on it.