Do you remember the first time you....

Replies

• boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    I dont know if this is the first time but its the oldest memory I have of watching a movie in a theatre/drive in
    I had to be about 5 and my mom and her roommate and roommate's son went to see Grease at the drive in. We popped our own popcorn and took our own pickles. It was a good time. I dont remember the movie at all. Just the experience.
  • hope2webb
    hope2webb Posts: 421
    I was about 7-8 and it was "For The Love Of Benji"
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    E.T. and I was 2
  • DietPep1978
    DietPep1978 Posts: 202
    Mine was also ET. I think I was 4 or 5 and my uncle took me.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,087 Member
    Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo

i'm sure i saw one earlier than this, but this is the one that sticks out

freaking awesome movie!! :)
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    I'm sure I went to the movies before this, but I distinctly remember going and seeing Jurassic Park when I was too young to see Jurassic Park.

Still have @#$%in velociraptors running around in my dreams.
  • scinamon1
    scinamon1 Posts: 158 Member
    Moulan with my mum, gran, sister and aunty :) It was awesome. me and my sister played out the story all the way home (and i was the dragon) :happy:
  • Mine was The Little Mermaid. I was pretty young, but I remember parts of it. :P
  • dadoffo
    dadoffo Posts: 379 Member
    Enter The Dragon (Bruce Lee). Seen it with my Dad.
  • JessiC1984
    JessiC1984 Posts: 97 Member
    I was ten it was the Lion King, I was with all of the cousins on my mother's side and our Grandmother
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 732 Member
    The Fox and the Hound -- I was about 5 and with my mom.
  • shaybethxo
    shaybethxo Posts: 153 Member
    i saw babe: pig in the city with my nan and older sister when i was about 5 or 6 i think. aw man good times
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Can't rmember. It was back in the 50's. But, I do remember loading up the station wagon and going to the Drive-in. About a buck a carload and we could hardly afford that.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,412 Member
    The first one I remember is Cinderella, at the drive in in OK in the early 50s. I was in kindergarten or pre-school. My family lived for the drive-in when I was little.
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    The earliest one I remember was the land before time. I was probably 6.
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    I'm sure I went to the movies before this, but I distinctly remember going and seeing Jurassic Park when I was too young to see Jurassic Park.

Still have @#$%in velociraptors running around in my dreams.

I recently learned they were only about 2.5 feet tall. My childhood was a lie.

demotivational-posters-velociraptors.jpg
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Mine was cinderella at the drive in, I was around 5 or 6. I went with my family.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Can't By Me Love

I was probably 8-10?
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    The fox and the hound at an out door drive in. I was probably about 6.
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    The first movie I remember seeing in a theater was Bambi... which released for the first time in 1942 (41 years before I was born) - so my parents must have taken me to a re-release or something.

I was 4 or 5 years old, I think. And I remember being really scared of the fire and really angry at the hunters!