About being clean

Replies

• bellevie23
    bellevie23 Posts: 208 Member
    If you have time to make your bed, you have time to work out.

The military taught me you make your bed and make time to work out lol. I do both however I dont think it should be counted as a sin if you dont.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    I have my kids make their bed (big deal because they are 6 & almost 5)... It's a good habit to get into.
    I try to make my own bed everyday, sort of like my starting point to my day and it makes my room look really nice too. Oh, and I like my pillow cases ironed.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    The only time my husband makes our bed (because I NEVER do it) is when we're having people over. He and I use separate comforters as well. But that's because he's really picky and likes his old one, but we can't share because it's too small for our bed. So I use the king sized one that actually fits our bed, though half of it ends up on the floor. Also, our kids are crazy and insist on pulling all sheets, comforters, and pillows off all the beds every single day, so there's really no point in us making the bed in the morning.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    My thought is that it's just going to get messed up later, so why???

My husband, on the other hand, cannot STAND it if the bed is unmade.

The compromise?

I make the bed, It makes him happy and I don't have to listen to him complain. If he's out of town, bed is def unmade. My secret rebellion.... lol

If he's the one who wants the bed made why isn't he the one who makes it?
  • bellevie23
    :laugh: thats how you do it! :laugh:

The compromise?

I make the bed, It makes him happy and I don't have to listen to him complain. If he's out of town, bed is def unmade. My secret rebellion.... lol
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    I don't make my bed, but I work for a girl who has a disability and you better believe I make her bed every morning, even though she tells me that I don't have to. Selectively lazy.
  • lumina0o0
    lumina0o0 Posts: 498 Member
    i don't make the bed and it drives my husband nuts. I move a lot in my sleep and I'm a blanket hog. He'll often leave before I get up in the morning and make his side of the bed, by time he comes home it's trashed.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,701 Member

The compromise?

THIS!!!!
  • annalee_1
    annalee_1 Posts: 235 Member
    I never make my bed I have a fitted sheet and a all season down comforter.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,446 Member
    As I kid my mom forced me to make my bed. Fancy tucked army corners and the bedspread where you needed to fold over the pillows Oh man it took forever. We couldn't go anywhere unless our beds were made.

By around middle school, we convinced out mom comforters were "cool" and she let us replace the bedspread with the comforter. The best part is that this cut down on bed making time. Now I only had to pull up the sheets, the comforter and put the pillows on top. Now I make my bed when I get up, to make sure I stay up. I don't always replace the decorative pillows. The sometimes stay on the side chair for weeks at a time, But when my apartment is extra clean, those pillows make their way back on to the bed daily.

Still do the army corners.

** I also like to keep the sheets free of any random stuff tham may accumulate during the day. People with snacks...whatever.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,450 Member
    I cant stand sheets all tucked in tight. First thing I do at a hotel is rip the sheets out of the mattress. So no.... I dont make mine either unless Im having company.
  • unapologeticallyemma
    unapologeticallyemma Posts: 134 Member
    i only ever make my bed, when i'm tidying up the whole room or having people over... other wise nope... also a scientific survey said that unmade beds make it harder for dustmites and such to breed, so technically it better for you.
  • onequirkygirl
    onequirkygirl Posts: 303 Member
    I make the bed only if I'm on a cleaning rampage = the week before my period

. I think my body's like "Omg, need to get pregnant, TIMES RUNNING OUT, need to get a man, need to be a homemaker!"
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,339 Member
    I don't make my bed.... like ever.
  • fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    I don't make mine either and I don't have bed spreads and we have our thermorest mattresses on the floor. No bed frame.
  • bellevie23
    My kids have your same fate LOL They program us that way I suppose..but I wont go in their room with a ruler making sure its a 45 degree angle or anything :P
    As I kid my mom forced me to make my bed. Fancy tucked army corners and the bedspread where you needed to fold over the pillows Oh man it took forever. We couldn't go anywhere unless our beds were made.

By around middle school, we convinced out mom comforters were "cool" and she let us replace the bedspread with the comforter. The best part is that this cut down on bed making time. Now I only had to pull up the sheets, the comforter and put the pillows on top. Now I make my bed when I get up, to make sure I stay up. I don't always replace the decorative pillows. The sometimes stay on the side chair for weeks at a time, But when my apartment is extra clean, those pillows make their way back on to the bed daily.

** I also like to keep the sheets free of any random stuff tham may accumulate during the day. People with snacks...whatever.
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    i dont make my bed unless I know someone is going to be in the room other then me and my bf.
    Even when I change the sheets, I dont make the bed. No Point!
    My niece loves to Sit on my bed and watch cartoons, When I know she's coming over. I toss the First blanket I find over top to hide everything that may be on the bed... <.<
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member

. I think my body's like "Omg, need to get pregnant, TIMES RUNNING OUT, need to get a man, need to be a homemaker!"

Oh and this made me LOL out loud
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    I don't ever make my bed. Or iron my clothes. Both are completely worthless time suck efforts in my world!
  • gigibenton
    gigibenton Posts: 123 Member