That TOTALLY awkward moment when...

Options
coraliethomas
coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
Whats your most embarressing gym/public workout moment??

Mine was the other day, I had the treadmill set for HIIT and darnit, the damn thing doesnt really warn you when its speeding up to sprint mode, and I had it set to 7.0 from 4.5.... well, I was watching the TV one moment and was kissing the floor the next!

:blushing:

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jodi827
    Jodi827 Posts: 40
    Options
    Don't mean to laugh (and hope you didn't hurt yourself) but that's hilarious! I hate that part about those machines too. Hope it doesn't happen again.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    Whats your most embarressing gym/public workout moment??

Mine was the other day, I had the treadmill set for HIIT and darnit, the damn thing doesnt really warn you when its speeding up to sprint mode, and I had it set to 7.0 from 4.5.... well, I was watching the TV one moment and was kissing the floor the next!

:blushing:
    lmao
    well i only had 1 embarrasing moment, when i started, i was doing close grip bench presses with 95lbs and i couldn't lift anymore so one of the guys who i workout with now came to help me and said "be careful man". LOL
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    The first time I did HIIT on the treadmill and I heard someone say...

http://www.hark.com/clips/znmfwknrdq-impact-tremor
  • biddysaurus
    biddysaurus Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I crashed off a stability ball once. That was pretty embarrassing! lol
  • Megclark37
    Megclark37 Posts: 111
    Options
    when you think it's gonna be a silent one and it AINT.
  • coraliethomas
    Options
    Don't mean to laugh (and hope you didn't hurt yourself) but that's hilarious! I hate that part about those machines too. Hope it doesn't happen again.

LOL! I laughed about it afterwards!! This REALLY old guy who was going like .05 on his treadmill came and helped me up and asked if I needed some advice on how to use the machines.... I wanted to die!
  • Ramseyyy
    Ramseyyy Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Well, mines is sort of just like yours. . . I let go of the handle bars and stopped paying attention on the treadmill and flew into the wall behind me
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    That awkward moment in the gym. Ah, yes.

When you're on the treadmill. You're in the zone. Working up a good sweat. Good pace. Good pace. Keep up the good pace. Whew, I'm killing it today. Good pace. Steady breathing. Oh. Crap. I gotta fart. I gotta fart. I can hold it. Can I hold it? Concentrate on the treadmill. How many more minutes left? 20? Crap. Okay. Hold it in. Hold it in. Can't hold it in. My stomach is starting to hurt. Look around. No one's around. Cool. Take out my headphones just to make sure it's not loud. Let it out slowly. Ah yes. Much better. Oh hell. A foxy lady is coming in now. And occupying the treadmill next to mine.

Exit stage left....
  • biddysaurus
    biddysaurus Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    LOL! I laughed about it afterwards!! This REALLY old guy who was going like .05 on his treadmill came and helped me up and asked if I needed some advice on how to use the machines.... I wanted to die!
    [/quote]

thats hilarious! but at least someone cared! at my gym, sometimes I wonder if anyone realizes they aren't the only ones in there. But it's kinda nice that everyone is really into what they are doing or really into strutting...at least I can sneak in unnoticed. lol
  • SirZee
    SirZee Posts: 381
    Options
    Well, at my work's wellness center, the leg press machine is right in front of a row of treadmills (Basically its under the TV's), so here I am doing my whole stack (400lbs) 15 reps, 4 sets workout, and near the end I had to give it everything I got, and in the compressed position some air escaped at the wrong end pretty loudly (in front of a full set of treadmill runners), so that was pretty embarrassing, with no particularly good way to recover from it.
  • jennyhooper
    Options
    I got a cupping massage done on my back and have huge red circles all over my back. Totally forgot about it and went to the gym with my top on that exposes about 3 of the spots. Was running on the treadmill at least 5 mins before I realised and just kept going. I wonder what all the others were thinking I had all over me!!!!
  • coraliethomas
    Options
    That awkward moment in the gym. Ah, yes.

When you're on the treadmill. You're in the zone. Working up a good sweat. Good pace. Good pace. Keep up the good pace. Whew, I'm killing it today. Good pace. Steady breathing. Oh. Crap. I gotta fart. I gotta fart. I can hold it. Can I hold it? Concentrate on the treadmill. How many more minutes left? 20? Crap. Okay. Hold it in. Hold it in. Can't hold it in. My stomach is starting to hurt. Look around. No one's around. Cool. Take out my headphones just to make sure it's not loud. Let it out slowly. Ah yes. Much better. Oh hell. A foxy lady is coming in now. And occupying the treadmill next to mine.

Exit stage left....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    I was on the treadmill and doing speed work. the arrows on the buttons are faded off. I was doing the speed part of the workout and when I started hitting the buttons to slow the machine down, I was actually speeding it up. I was hanging on for dear life trying to get the machine to slow down.
    Felt like something right out of a "I Love Lucy" episode. :tongue:
    I too had a good laugh about it later, but at the time I thought I was going to fly off backward.
  • blueandigo
    blueandigo Posts: 296
    Options
    When I am working out and give a good laugh and no one knows what is so funny. *kitten*.
  • aprilholland
    Options
    Face plant in an aerobics class... That I was teaching.
  • coraliethomas
    Options
    I think treadmills need seatbelts and airbags....
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options
    You are talking to someone, getting ready to walk into the raquet ball courts (which have glass walls) and you run smack dab into the wall.
  • SirZee
    SirZee Posts: 381
    Options
    Face plant in an aerobics class... That I was teaching.

Ouch :)
  • fuzzimama
    fuzzimama Posts: 85
    Options
    Well I wasn't in the gym, but yesterday I bounced out of an office feeling very full of vim and vigour and walked smack into a glass door leaving a big, smeared nose and mouth impression on the door. Was both embarrassing and painful (and the worst thing, as my DH reminded me when I told him), it's not the first time I've done it.