how long have you been married (or ...)

Options

Replies

• busyblkgirl
    busyblkgirl Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Together for 14 years - Married for almost 13 years.
    When we met I was 19, he was 24. We really grew one another up.
  • Getting2KnowMe
    Getting2KnowMe Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Together for 3 years in April... We've already had ups and downs, but I love him and I believe he loves me. In the end as long we are both willing to work with each other and we talk we can get there.
  • ratlover
    ratlover Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    34 years on May 11th.
  • puzzlingkirsten
    puzzlingkirsten Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I knew my boyfriend for 6 months before we started dating. Now we've been together for 4.5 years, will be moving out together in April/May when I graduate from college, and then marriage is on the horizon!
  • Hootsmamma
    Hootsmamma Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    We have been together for over 12 years and married for just over 11 of them. Has it all been roses? No, but then anything worth having is also worth working for. We disagree at times but usually agree on most things. We are friends First. Our marriage and it's success is important to both of us. Our marriage is now at a better place than it has ever been. We love each other more today than we did yesterday and I have no doubt that tomorrow will bring us even more love and happiness to share with each other.
  • nikkilou1978
    nikkilou1978 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Together 8 years, married 3 years as of today. It's not perfect, nothing is, but we are happy and that's what matters.
  • Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I love each of the shares I have read. I am going through hard times right now..
    Been married for 6 yrs and we are currently separated.. It is very hard, I have lost alot of weight though just focusing on me :)
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Well.. A bit over two years together in a committed relationship, but we had a bit of a fast-forward on our relationship because I found out I was pregnant a month into it. It was pretty epic, can't lie.
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    It will be 20 later this year. We will be in the ups and down club, right now we are on the UP. :happy: YAY!

The down was challenging .... but now we are happy we're on the UP! and it is continuing going UP it seems :love: :glasses:
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    The military life definitely isn't easy so i guess it's a good thing we are both pretty darn stubborn or we would have been divorced 6 months in.

It certainly is challenging. We've been together for 19 years (married 17 in May) and he has been in the Navy for 17 1/2 years. When he was first in, I worried about shore duty. I was afraid we wouldn't get along when we were together all the time. We actually get along better when he's on shore duty than when he's at sea. I look forward to when he retires.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    12 years, not all of them were good and it wasn't always easy. spent the holidays separated last year and almost didn't make it. we're happy but still working on it now. marriage is not always easy, it's hard and it takes work. and sometimes work isn't enough. it's an individual thing. divorce can be the best thing in the world for people that have reached that point. I feel lucky that my marriage hasn't came to that yet, and I hope and will work so it never does, but that's not the reality for everyone.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    6 years just this February. We both have kids from previous marriages.
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I think the biggest opportunity for growth in people occurs in the 2nd half of life when we no longer are defined by others, and get the courage to be ourselves.

Sage advice, sir. I salute you!
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Will be 16 years in June. We dated 3 years before we got married
  • SithZombie
    SithZombie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I've been married for 7 months now. We dated for 4 1/2 years before we tied the knot. Somehow, we made it through a long distance military relationship.
  • Runningirl7284
    Runningirl7284 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I am very happy with my husband. We met his senior year in high school and will be married 8 years this August! Love him! <3
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Coming up 3 years now and it's been spring time and sunshine so far. Knock on wood!
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have been married for almost 19 years and together over 22. It's been full of ups and downs, of course. I know it sounds corny, but one of the things I remember from our marriage prep course was: "Love is a decision". There have been times where one or both of us has needed reminding of this, especially with the craziness and mundanity of every day life.
  • roxxie03
    roxxie03 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Dated 3 years, lived together 12 years & married for 4 ... Love of my life ...
  • littlebean24
    Options
    Married for a year, but been together for 6.