how long have you been married (or ...)

Options

Replies

• cakeums
    cakeums Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I've been married for 6 years, together for 8. We have gone through tough times. I was seriously questioning the future of our relationship about 6 months ago. We have both put in work, and in all honesty, I am incredibly happy with that one issue aside. Unfortunately, it's a big issue (no, it has nothing to do with fidelity or how he is treating me), and it isn't one I expect will go away anytime soon. It's something that takes continual work...but things are working so far.

My parents were married for almost 28 years when they split up. They went through trials too, and as they got older, things got more and more difficult. (They are not old by any means, both in their late 40s - I was the reason they got married in their late teens.) My mother could not even be in the same house as him without being incredibly tense and anxious. She is a much, much happier person now.
  • joeylu
    joeylu Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Together 7.5 but married 5yrs on satursay:-)
  • darrellhenderson
    Options
    We have our 29th Anniversary coming up in July. I married my soul-mate. :-)
  • staceyo1211
    staceyo1211 Posts: 163
    Options
    We celebrated our 20th anniversary in December. We knew each other for 24 days before we got married. We have been through almost anything you can imagine. We endure the ups and downs together always supporting one another. We are each others rock. Neither of us are perfect and some times I just want to smack him (as I'm sure he does me) but we always find a way to see the bright side. When first got married he promised me there would never be a dull moment, he has definately kept that promise. There has been sickness, health, better, worse, richer, poorer, good times, and bad. Together we walked through it all.

This sounds so much like my marriage. We knew one another 3 months when we got married. We have been married for 12 years. Been through some really high high's and some very low low's, but I couldnt have chosen a better person to spend my life with....well I guess I should say God couldnt have given me a better person to spend my life with.
  • irisbear
    irisbear Posts: 14
    Options
    married for 17 years, together for 22

like everyone else we have had our share of ups and downs, but I truly believe we were meant for each other and I would do it all over again without hesitation :heart:
  • joeylu
    joeylu Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Our 5 year anniversary is Saturday!

Omg I got married on 3-10-07 too. Happy anniversery
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Married 10 years. Not one arguement. Not one raised voice. Not one unkind word towards one another.

It might sound cliche'd when you hear, "You just know." It's totally true. We both knew the very day we set eyes on each other, which was just after New Years, 2002. First date was Valentine's Day (she lived in Michigan, I was stationed in Savannah GA), proposed on St Patrick's Day, married on Memorial Day weekend.

We're best friends, lovers, sex buddies, protectors...the whole nine yards.

Two souls and one heart.
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    We’ve known each other since we were both 10.
    Started dating sophomore year of college, almost 19.
    Married at 20.
    We just celebrated our 18th anniversary this past December.

*I just sexted him at church band practice. Gotta keep the spark alive. :blushing:
  • Trophyyf
    Trophyyf Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    9 years and its a lot of work.
  • brenda26143
    brenda26143 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    been together for 16 years and married for 12 years i am 31 was married at 18 had our first kid then 5 yrs later our second child came along couldn't imagine life with out him :happy:
  • johnsscarlett
    johnsscarlett Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    It will be 40 years this Fri. I give all the praise to my Lord and Savior Jesus. Without Him in my life we never would have made it!
  • baycat107
    baycat107 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    It will be 34 years in May....been together for 37 years. Married my high school sweetheart :)
  • LoriInIowa
    LoriInIowa Posts: 113
    Options
    Just celebrated our 27th anniversary in December! Some days it feels like we got married "just yesterday" and some days like we've been married 100 years. :)
  • baycat107
    baycat107 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    It will be 40 years this Fri. I give all the praise to my Lord and Savior Jesus. Without Him in my life we never would have made it!

Wow! Happy Anniversary!
  • rileymama
    rileymama Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Been together for almost 8, married for almost 7 years, and have 4 beautiful kiddos and another on the way. Marriage isn't easy, but I wouldn't change my life for anything...ups and downs, I found the perfect guy for me :)
  • pamperedhen
    pamperedhen Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    He remembers my mother bringing me home from the hospital when I was born! We live next door to each other and he is 7 years older than me. We started dating when I was 16 when I thought the girl he was engaged to was gross!:devil: We finally got hitched up:laugh: when I was 26!!! I know, I know why did you wait so long?? Well, he was ready to marry~ I wasn't ...and he just waited VERY patiently for me and 4 kids later ....:heart: Married: 19 years Together: 30 some!:love:
  • imakimm
    imakimm Posts: 839
    Options
    I have been married for 4 years. It will be 5 in Aug.
  • digitalakuryou
    Options
    Been dating for a little over 5 years, and it's been amazing. There's been ups and downs of course, but the love is strong.
  • marynmarty
    marynmarty Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry your going through that :-( I've been married almost 9 years (it will be 9 years in June) but we've been together for 13 years. We have 2 little kids at home and talking about a third. Have you tried counseling? Is that an option? We said if we get to that point we would do that first. Never been close to that point though. I'm so sorry to hear your going through that as I can't imagine what your feeling!
  • ka_bateman
    ka_bateman Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    A woman told me once that all the feelings that you have of love and lust and excitement throughout the first part of your relationship will eventually go away. She said that when people say that relationships/marriages are hard work that they are talking about love, that love was the part you had to work on. I thought it was kinda weird...after 10 years of marriage and over 12 years together I believe her.

Have you ever seen the movie Fireproof? It's a Christian film so the acting isn't the best, but the story is sooo true. Anyhow, there's a book from the movie with the steps from the movie on how to improve your marriage over 40 days. I've done the book, and it works. I should probably do it again soon haha. But it's something to consider trying if you aren't already sure of divorce.

I'll send you my copy if you are interested...I'd hate to see marriage end in divorce especially if there are kids involved...are there kids? Message me if you're interested.