how long have you been married (or ...)

Options

Replies

• Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I have been married to my hubby for 17 years and we've been together for 24 years. He's my first and only love :)
  • bookin01
    bookin01 Posts: 19
    Options
    I have been with my husband for 8 years.

10637305.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • AmyMcDonald808
    Options
    we made 2 years this past September. Together for 5 this past December. Dieting and working out has really brought us closer lately.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    32 years
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I've known him for 17 years, we've been together for 14, married for 9. Our son was almost 4 when he walked the rings down in our wedding.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Be married ten years in October...or nine. Can never remember that. Been together since '98 off and on until the hitching.
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Married for 19 years. We have had our peak & valley moments. The bottom line has been mutual respect and recognize we are separate individuals who will not always agree with each other.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    how long have you been married or in a committed relationship?

For the first 8 years of my marriage, I would have been full of words dripping in puppydogs and rainbows about marriage. But now, 11 years into the marriage, i literally seethe in anger just having to talk to the man. (yeah, the big ~divorce~ is coming soon).

I'm totally not implying that "give it time, it won't work". It simply didn't work for me. I'm just interested in seeing how long you've all been together.
    Been married 12 years. At about the 9-10 year mark, everything he did, every word that came out of his mouth just made me snap. But divorce wasn't an option for us. We went to a Retrouvaille weekend and decided to make working on a happy marriage a priority. It didn't happen overnight. We've had our ups and downs since then.
    Now, we are wildly in love. Our relationship is better than it was even in the early days. We agree that it was worth the work.
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Never been married but longest relationship was 5 years long. Ended well as can be I’m still semi friends her sister :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: . Happy Free Agent for now and loving it :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • scmcgee
    scmcgee Posts: 165
    Options
    19 years married (together for 20). It has been a journey and marriage is very hard. but I can honestly say he is my best friend.... :smile:
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    We've been together 22.5 years and married for 20.5 years and I'm more in love with him today than I ever have been before. I'm sorry it hasn't worked out for you but happy marriages do happen. We're at the point where we have two teens, a tween and a seven year old and life is good. Still have things we work through from time to time but he is the best friend I've ever had and I can't imagine life without him. We've been through the fire and back together. :)
  • tdonlin
    tdonlin Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    It will be 28 years this August. Our daughter is getting married in September.
  • VegGrrl
    VegGrrl Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Been married 23 years this October - lived together 24. Been through some really rough times (undiagnosed ADHD self medicated with alcohol, need I say more?!) but now as we slide into middle age it's getting better each day. And it doesn't hurt that my man is smoking hot and in fantastic shape - and loves me just the same even though I'm not! :love:
  • doonesbury
    doonesbury Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Since August 11, 1973, :)
  • chelbel89
    chelbel89 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Met when we were 8 years old (he lived next door to me). We were best friends for another 9 years before we started dating in my junior year of HS and his senior year. We moved out together when I turned 18 and we got married July 25, 2010 (about 3 years after dating). We have been married for a year and 8 months and have been together for five years and 2 months. We have had our hard times for sure, and boy has he been patient with me! He is my best friend and the only man I could ever see me spending my life with. I am truly blessed to have such a supportive, wonderful, romantic and hard working husband! :flowerforyou: He still gives me butterflies... :love:
  • trac3
    trac3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Married for 15 years, together for 18 years. I met him when I was 2 and he was 5!:happy: Don't think we'll ever get rid of each other (and I wouldn't have it any other way!):tongue:
  • angelashay42
    Options
    11 years together. Married for the last 2. It's very challenging at times but it's worth it.
    If you really love each other, you work through the tough times. That's the way I see it anyways.
  • Archer2017
    Archer2017 Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have been together for 8 years. We met when I was 18 and he was 21. Moved in together a couple months later. Engaged when I was 20, married at 22, first child at 24 and hopefully plan for our next one for next year.

I couldn't have a better husband. I still love to be around him, we still snuggle on the couch for movies, drink morning coffee together at the kitchen table, he takes care of me. Of course with any relationship there will always be struggles but it just matters how you work together to overcome them.

He is also my inspiration to stay fit!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Together 35. Married 33 this Oct. :)
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    19.5 yrs