how long have you been married (or ...)

Options

Replies

• fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in the give it time theory either. My parents were married for 25 years and I promise you that 20 of those years were sheer hell for both of them.

Anyway, I've been happily married for 6 years, and I dated my hubs for four years before we got married. He is amazing and everything I want him to be. :love:

I say that if you are with the wrong person, don't waste anyone's time or beat around the bush. End it asap. Life is way too short to be with someone you aren't in love with.
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Together for almost 8yrs and married for 4 come August. We have rough times, very rough times. But getting the convo going, we are great! I truly can't imagine a life without this dufus
  • muffintopminx
    muffintopminx Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Dated for 10 years. Married for almost 8 years.
    TOTAL time together = Nearly 18 years.

It's definitely HARD work, but luckily we've had more good times than bad and I'm still crazy about him. :love: :love: :love:
    Of course, I've also had times where I've wanted to put a pillow over his face while he slept. He can be such a massive turd!
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I have been married to my wonderful and sometimes pain in the butt husband for 9 years tomorrow:bigsmile: :heart:
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Married 15 years, together 20 with a few short term hiccups along the way. ;)
  • mommy2girlies
    mommy2girlies Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Together for 12 (met in high school) married for almost 8....
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    We've been married for 4 years this year and together for 6.
  • kelleygi
    kelleygi Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Married 13 1/2
    Together 16
    Definitely not my first!!!!!! :drinker: :
    But hopefully my last!
    Not always Great (not always good!)
    But in it forever! I love him!
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Married 4 years, together for 11. We plan on being old crotchety geezers together. We met when i was 14.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I've been with my fiance for almost 4.5 years. We've been engaged for 4 years. No kids and not sure when we'll get married... He's waiting on me to decide... I think after we buy a house together :)
  • wjkfloyd
    wjkfloyd Posts: 125
    Options
    10 1/2 years; together for almost 13.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    high school sweet hearts.
    married 18 years in august, dated 7 years before that. happier than ever. he's my lobster. :smooched:
  • kelleygi
    kelleygi Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Married 15 years, together 20 with a few short term hiccups along the way. ;)
  • mommy2girlies
    mommy2girlies Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have been married to my wonderful and sometimes pain in the butt husband for 9 years tomorrowbigsmile heart

Happy Anniversary!!
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Together for 7 years this August, met when I was a senior in HS. Married for 3 years as of last month. :)
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Married for almost 9. He was my high school sweatheat. I am 33 and my brain is too fried to do math.

He is my better half!
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    We have been together for 7 years and married 4 1/2 years, all happy years
  • Tmarinari
    Tmarinari Posts: 28
    Options
    I have been with my husband for 12 years married for 7
    can't see myself with anyone else. :)
  • Mompanda4
    Mompanda4 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    29 years in August and still going strong!
  • LHAMON2009
    Options
    I have known my husband for over four years and we are celebrating our 3 yr wedding anniversary next week:) During the first year of marriage I think was the hardest for me at least. We learned so many new things about eachother during that time. But honestly I could never imagine being with anyone else. He is my everything!!