how long have you been married (or ...)

Options
_snw_
_snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
how long have you been married or in a committed relationship?

For the first 8 years of my marriage, I would have been full of words dripping in puppydogs and rainbows about marriage. But now, 11 years into the marriage, i literally seethe in anger just having to talk to the man. (yeah, the big ~divorce~ is coming soon).

I'm totally not implying that "give it time, it won't work". It simply didn't work for me. I'm just interested in seeing how long you've all been together.

Replies

• Karrix
    Karrix Posts: 288
    Options
    I was with my ex HS sweetheart for 5 1/2 - 6 years. We broke up almost a year ago.

I have been with my current boyfriend for 3 months, It hasn't been long but I'm happy. :flowerforyou:
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I've known him for 7 years and married for a little over 3.
    I told him I would wait until the beginning of May to file, but I don't think it's going to change anything.

I am so anti-divorce in theory. I swore it would last forever no matter what, but sometimes things just don't happen that way.
  • muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    16 happy years, there have been ups and downs, highs and lows, but I can't imagine life with anyone else. We've both been on the downside of the lows but we always pull through. He's kind, not perfect, and works so very hard for our family. I thank God everyday for the imperfect man, that is so perfectly fit for me.
  • Pfauxmeh
    Pfauxmeh Posts: 259
    Options
    Known each other until we dated: 3 years.
    Dated: 2 years.
    Married: 2 years.

It's really, really hard for me to think about my marriage going bad. We are in no way shape or form "rainbows and puppydogs" but we work well together. We're like best friends who are "contractually obligated" to sleep together. ;)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    We've been together over 7 years. Our 6 year wedding anniversary is coming up next month.
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    just posted this elsewhere.. "marriage is punishment for shoplifting in some countries" haha
  • Guajardo73
    Guajardo73 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    2 years in may and expecting our first child!!!
  • rob_v
    rob_v Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Married 14 years
    Together 21
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    Married for almost 3.5 years,

been together over 10 years.
  • liog
    liog Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have been together for almost 8 years and married for almost 6. This is my second marriage. My first marriage was with a very abusive man. I was with him for 10 years. I don't know what I was thinking...young and stupid I guess.

What happened to make you so unhappy? You don't have to answer that, I'm just being nosy.
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Lived together for 9 years, married 2.5 of those even though I proposed year one :love:
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    We celebrated our 20th anniversary in December. We knew each other for 24 days before we got married. We have been through almost anything you can imagine. We endure the ups and downs together always supporting one another. We are each others rock. Neither of us are perfect and some times I just want to smack him (as I'm sure he does me) but we always find a way to see the bright side. When first got married he promised me there would never be a dull moment, he has definately kept that promise. There has been sickness, health, better, worse, richer, poorer, good times, and bad. Together we walked through it all.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Together 8+ years I think. Married 6 months
  • LatinaButterfly
    LatinaButterfly Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    <3 Married 12 Years <3
  • LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Married in Nov 84
    First Date in Oct 81

Still like each other. Rough patches though. Theme song should be Huey Lewis and the News "Happy to be Stuck with You."
  • Lorichr
    Lorichr Posts: 54
    Options
    Married 22 years this June.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I've been with mine since 93, married since 97. So, in September: 19 years together, 15 married.
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Married since 9.23.11; together since 03/13/2008. :)
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    16 years.
    We have had our moments, but have been able to work through the bad times.
  • Alonnea
    Alonnea Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Married 8 years next month and together 9. It's been really hard at times but I can't see myself with anyone else.