Ladies: Where do you get your jeans?!

Options
124»

Replies

• KeepOnMoving
    KeepOnMoving Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I have same type of figure. Lately I been going to consignment for jeans, Ross, and JcPennys. I like Lucky Brand, Levis 525? and Levis slim fit.

I heard Seven for ManKind is good for our figure type but they are like $200! There is a website that has jeans for different types of figures. Also I saw in some magazine a while back --- maybe Good Housekeeping or Womans Day. I can't remember. But I know there is information out there about what brands to buy. I think Lee Ridder for curvy is also one.
  • lexidell46
    lexidell46 Posts: 143
    Options
    Buffalo exchange or goodwill.
  • Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    American Eagle - artist
  • klien35
    klien35 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Maurices "taylor" fit jeans are one of my favorites.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I buy from trademe (like ebay) but the brands I tend to buy are lee, levis and diesel. Some others like rock and republic look good but I haven't tryed them yet.
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I am an American Eagle girl ! they fit great and have stretch.
  • tonlynn
    tonlynn Posts: 23
    Options
    I like LEI's... and get them at wal-mart, but have been doing most of my shopping at Garage sales until I reach my GW, then I will splurge :)
  • SkinnieFinnie
    SkinnieFinnie Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Ross.. or normally I go dig through the thrift store. I got a pair of Levi's for $3. What's the point in paying full price for jeans that look BRAND NEW?? I spent $45 & got 3 pairs of jeans, 2 shirts, a dress for my daughter, 2 shirts for my daughter & a pair of jeans for my son.. Oh AND I went back a few days later & got a brown leather coat (very nice, excellent condition) for $17. The thrift store is the way to go. Who's gonna know where you get your clothes if you don't tell them?
  • Kittie_Kat
    Kittie_Kat Posts: 101
    Options
    JCPenney, even the ones in the junior department if you look long enough, arent too low on the hip. I love jeans shopping there!
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I love the thrift shops, but when I can't find anything there, the previously mentioned LEI's and Jordache's at Walmart are my go to.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    i get mine at second hand or consignmeent shop where i can trade my bigger sizes for smaller ones!!!!

Thrift stores, too. I find good brands I wouldn't spend the money on if they were new, and there are usually plenty of choices in smaller sizes.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Ross.. or normally I go dig through the thrift store. I got a pair of Levi's for $3. What's the point in paying full price for jeans that look BRAND NEW?? I spent $45 & got 3 pairs of jeans, 2 shirts, a dress for my daughter, 2 shirts for my daughter & a pair of jeans for my son.. Oh AND I went back a few days later & got a brown leather coat (very nice, excellent condition) for $17. The thrift store is the way to go. Who's gonna know where you get your clothes if you don't tell them?

I tell people, how else are they going to know what a sweet bargain I got haha.
    If you don't want to get your jeans taken up then kids stuff is the way to go, its even cheaper to :) Depends on your size if you can do that though I suppose
  • Brittany3914
    Brittany3914 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    the gap.

try "curvy" jeans.

ABSOLUTE FAVORITE JEANS! You can wear them a few times without having to wash/dry them back to shape. Mine never really stretch out.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    My favorite ones that I have are Silvers. They sell them at some Maurices, Macys, etc. The ones I have are low-rise but I know they sell medium-rise ones. They look awesome in the legs! The problem I always have is that when jeans fit me in the waist, they're too baggy on the legs. Silvers don't do that.

My sister loves American Eagle jeans.
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    I know this is going to sound weird but try Kmart and Target. I'm not a name brand *kitten*. 1. because I have 5 kids to feed 2. I hate going to the outlets or mall 3. I just can't stomach spending so much money on clothes when I could be doing other things with it.

Kmart and Target have great jeans that have a lil stretch to them.

Oh and from the way I dress you would not think I shop at Kmart. I always get compliments on the things I find there. It's all about how you wear it.

LOVE TARGET!!! But I never really buy jeans from there... their tops, dresses, sweaters etc are to die for tho! AND super inexpensive :)
  • IcassI
    IcassI Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I like 7FAM and Joe's jeans. But I do plan to make a trip to Nordstrom once I get to my goal weight and try on different designers to find out which one works for my body.
  • AmandaBroun
    AmandaBroun Posts: 126
    Options
    My favorites are actually a couple of the Victoria's Secret jeans. The hipster and the V-cut fit me really well, but I don't think they make the Vs any more.
  • branflake6
    branflake6 Posts: 115
    Options
    macy's sells 2 different brands that are great for women with hips and butts like us... juniors dept -celebrity pink and ariya curvy both fit great and not crazy expensive around 30$
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I purchase all my jeans from Buckle. Specifically Rock Revival. They run $150 each and I have three pairs but I DO NOT regret buying them. The self confidence boost, the consistent shape, and they just look real good and are VERY hardy so they will pay themselves off very easily. I don't have to worry about buying jeans for a good year or so!

I also have enjoyed Miss Me jeans. I have 1-2 pairs of those but they are so word out as I did not take very good care of them.

BKE is another great brand I've worn from them... they run about $70. I actually can grab those from consignment shops.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Nordstrom or Nordstrom Rack. Occasionally I can find the brands I like at TJ Maxx, but it takes some digging.

I pretty much only wear Seven for All Mankind or Citizens of Humanity. But like another poster said, I'll probably go back to Norstrom once I'm at goal to get re-fitted. I LOVE their customer service, they'll just bring you jeans upon jeans upon jeans until you find the perfect pair!