Short people unite!

Options

Replies

• jeepdude56
    jeepdude56 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'-4" ... and not over-weight, just under-height ! The power of positive thinking ... works every time ...
  • bluberrygoo
    bluberrygoo Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 23 and 4'9. My highest weight was around 153 lbs after I had my 2nd son in feb. 2011. I lost the majority of my weight before I joined MFP. When I did join, I was 105 lbs and now I'm 96 lbs! I'm trying to get down to 90-88 lbs. Good luck shorties!
  • izzyissy
    izzyissy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I think I found the right board. I am getting so frustrated that I went back to Weight Watchers because I really don't know how many calories to eat. I am 53, 4'7 and weight 149. What should my calorie intake be to lose 1lb a week. MFP says they can't go below 1200 but I will not lose 1lb a week. So from what my BMI is, I am eating 1160 calories a day and if I work out, I eat those calories back. But I am losing slow. Any help from short people who have lost before would be greatly appreciated... Thanks Issy
  • maggiepz
    maggiepz Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    If I really stretch I can reach 5'3".
    SW: 226.8
    CW: 205
    GW: keeps changing. I really want to try to lose a total of 60 pounds by July 28th which is the last weigh-in for a local weight loss challenge. So far I'm on track but I know it will get harder. This month alone was very difficult. I would REALLY like to end it at 160pounds because when I reach that weight I will no longer be considered "obese". That's such an Ugly word!

I used to dream about how nice it would be to be taller so that I would have a higher BMR!

I have lots of spine and joint problems so limits exercise. I have found that water fitness, Zumba and recently a belly dance DVD have helped get me stronger without damaging myself! Working on Gentle Yoga but that's a major challenge since I'm so inflexible.

I've found that going low carb and eating whole foods rather than processed, limiting artificial sweeteners and getting some exercise have really helped my metabolic syndrome, fibromyalgia and CFS.
  • cyaneous
    cyaneous Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm 19 at I'm about 5'1. I weigh about 195 pounds and I've finally had enough. I've always had a really hard time losing weight, but this time I'm really going to work for it! I start college in the fall and I hope to be a brand new girl! Add me up! I'd love to compare and have support from people who actually understand. (:
  • 3audkids
    3audkids Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I was looking for a short group!! I'm 5'2" just need 10 more pound lose!! feel free to add me if you like!!
  • lovinglean
    lovinglean Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    ok I am 5'0" and highest weight was 212 now weigh 147 still would like to lose at least 35 more , I notice that all of you seem to be young young .I am say over 50 so kinda feel out of place but, would love the support and also can give support as well , any takers. add me then and lets get on with it!!! Connie Lou:smile:
  • Stephanieeeezy
    Stephanieeeezy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 wanting to lose 17 lbs. Feel free to add =]
  • balletthin3
    Options
    4'10.5" and 118 pounds. i'm super short, even for a gymnast! Feel free to add me :)
  • sdm329
    sdm329 Posts: 57
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and my heaviest was 284. I dropped down to 142, got pregnant and now with a 3 year old have 80 pounds to lose.
  • twiztedgrl69
    twiztedgrl69 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" with at least another 50 to lose...add me if you'd like! :) Good luck!
  • jlenz74
    jlenz74 Posts: 30
    Options
    Hi! I am 4'10 1/2 and over 200 pounds! I feel you pain. I just started this program 30 days ago and it has been amazing. I just send you a friend request! :flowerforyou:
  • jacklynb46
    jacklynb46 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    hello,i'm 5/1 and 222 pbs,started just shy of a month and im down from 230.add me if you like
  • ReneeMustLoseIt
    Options
    My name is Renee. I am 5'2 and I weigh 163. I need to lose 30 lbs. Need some friends who will motivate me along this journey and I shall help out too! :)
  • abcdever
    abcdever Posts: 24
    Options
    Hi. I'm 5'2 and need to lose 74 lbs to reach my goal weight. If you would like to be friends we can keep each other motivated and share weight loss tips. My journey doesn't officially start until next week, but it's never too early to get a support group together. Good luck :-)
  • SkinnyMisson78
    Options
    I'm right there with you... 5 foot... 204 lbs... LETS DO THIS! :-)
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    yay im 4'11 too i have posted many threads, do a search sometime
  • Zepplipop
    Zepplipop Posts: 33
    Options
    5 foot here, and currently weighing in at 213
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm Amber!!
    I am 5'0" and I'm here to lose over 100 pounds.
    Add if you want (: