Need to vent about food diaries.

Options
124»

Replies

• confuzzledwife
    confuzzledwife Posts: 142 Member
    Options

I log once a week and sometimes it is just a point something. You think I shouldnt log at all unless it's at least a pound? That'd be kinda harsh some weeks I really need that point whatever! Especially now because I'm so close to goal.

^^^^ My thoughts exactly!!

If it weren't for the "point whatever" I'm not so sure I would be as motivated as I have been!
  • powerbomb
    powerbomb Posts: 12
    Options
    I am self motivated and have had great success in 10 months. I use the tools here for myself, not necessarily for critiques from the masses. So I now keep it private. People are just trying to be supportive.....its online, so all in all its superficial anyway.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    i hate food diaries in general. Most of the time i'm using the mobile app so i cant view their diaries but i want to provide feedback so i just add a comment, although when i can view it and see they ate bad food i also comment on those days. I personally struggle with typing in my food daily. Either I'll get in breakfast or lunch but then forget dinner. Its been hard for me to get back on track.

Speaking of the "mobile app"---I always only used the mobile app so imagine my surprise when i logged in from my laptop and saw all of the "blogs" "message boards" "viewing food diaries". This was just a few days ago and I really wish everyone made their food diaries visible. I am getting so many ideas about what to try from reading the food diaries that are visible.
  • soulfulsally
    Options
    I congratulate my friends' food diaries for a variety of reasons. And sometimes it IS just for them being under their calorie intake goal. Even if they didn't eat the best quality of food that day, they still managed to stay within their calorie range. I think that's worth something because it's still a step in the right direction for weight loss.

Someone could look critically at my diet and comment that my unhealthy food calories equal my healthy food calories. But I'm also eating 5 or more cups of fruits and vegetables most days and other healthy foods like salmon several times a week. I'd rather my friends focus on the positives because making a lifestyle chance can be a long, hard process. I need all the WTGs I can get. :tongue: