~May~ The Biggest Loser DVD/ Health Attack ( Newbies always

Options

Replies

• tabbyh25
    tabbyh25 Posts: 66
    Options
    Well just got done with my workout. I am feeling tired:yawn: but good:happy: . This is the first time that I didn't stop through the workout.
  • Didimsun
    Didimsun Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    Im back on track.....have rejoined the exercise wagon and boy do I feel pleased with myself! Got up at 5am this morno to squeeze in my 1.5 hour walk.....only it took a little less today as we did a wee bit of JOGGING! - yeah! It nearly killed us but we're ready to keep pushing ourselves.:noway:
    Had a TERRIBLE start to the morning as when I woke up I saw that the budgie had disappeared (Id left him out the night before but often do that and he sleeps on top of his cage usually) so woke up the whole family with my panicking and crying lol. Its hot here now so was worried he'd died in the night somewhere. I was most miserable out this morning but all was good in the end cos when I got home, the kids had found him (theyd been crying on the sofa and they heard a little cheep cheep ) and out he flew from behind the TV. I should have know he'd turn up when he was hungry.......so there's a much happier family now :)
    Anyway, my pal sent me this, as she heard Id been doing lots of walking. .....hoping you guys arent too PC!

Walking
    The Importance of walking

Walking can add minutes to your life.
    This enables you at 85 years old
    to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing
    home at £2,000 per month.

My grandpa started walking
    five miles a day when he was 60.
    Now he's 97 years old
    and we have no idea where he is.

I like long walks,
    especially when they are taken
    by people who annoy me.

The only reason I would take up walking
    is so that I could hear heavy breathing again.

I have to walk early in the morning,
    before my brain figures out what I'm doing..

I joined a health club last year,
    spent about 250 quid.
    Haven't lost a pound.
    Apparently you have to go there!.

Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise',
    I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

I do have flabby thighs,
    but fortunately my stomach covers them.

The advantage of exercising every day
    is so when you die, they'll say,
    'Well, He looks good doesn't he.'

If you are going to try cross-country skiing,
    start with a small country.

I know I got a lot of exercise
    the last few years,......
    just getting over the hill.

We all get heavier as we get older,
    because there's a lot more information in our heads.
    That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

AND

Every time I start thinking too much
    about how I look,
    I just find a pub with a Happy Hour
    and by the time I leave,
    I look just fine.

You could run this over to your friends
    But just e-mail it to them!
    It will save you the walk!

KEEP SMILING!
    Kelly
    x
  • tabbyh25
    Options
    Is everyone ready for tonight's finale???????? I know I am:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: . All I have to do is get my workout in earlier today.
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Well just got done with my workout. I am feeling tired:yawn: but good:happy: . This is the first time that I didn't stop through the workout.

Good for you!! Keep at it!! It gets easier!!
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Hello there lovely ladies!!!

I am so excited for tonights TBL!!! Can't wait to see them all!

I am here visiting my parents and having a nice time. The last few days have been hard on me with the eating. It is hard to go from a home filled with healthy foods to home that is not as healthy. Plus my mom likes to eat ice cream. The other day I was able to say no but yesterday we went somewhere that had a coconut crunch cyclone and I just wanted to have it but I did get the fat free frozen yogurt instead of the frozen custard. I felt so guilty while I was eating it! I came home and walked/ran five miles in an hour and burned almost 800 calories. I was hoping it would burn it off since the rest of the day I ate well.

Anyway I hope you ladies have a great day!
    Amanda
  • CrystalOKeefe
    CrystalOKeefe Posts: 326
    Options
    Oh my Ladies !!!!! I have been so busy and crazy with all that has been going on ....... Maeves party was fun !! We had lots of family here! I had lots of Veggies and yes I had a piece of cake !! But oh well!! Later that night Cali wasnt feeling to well which she hasnt been feeling well for a while now. So monday morning I took Maeve to wic they said she is great and tall for her age and that I have to get her off that bottle so we got home and they all disapeared !!! AAAAAAAAAAAAA she is mad !!!!! While I was at wic My hubby scheduled Cali for a doctors appointment .. got home and took her and low and be hold she has Pneumonia OMG !! So she is on antibiotics he said as long as she is feeling well she can head to school so she went to school today but no soccer practice! So today I had to take my dad to his appointments then I had a dr appointment....... I went didnt say anything about my weight loss he started asking about my back pain and I said it was gone and things were great now that I exercise more I said I can touch my toes now and he looked at the chart and said WOW you lost 30 pounds and I said by my scale I have lost 33 !!! He said awesome great job and wanted to know all about it !! I told him this site so he is gonna tell his other patients !! WOOHOO he said I am now in the healthy zone and he said he was proud !!! So today is getting better !!!! YEAH !!!

Finale tonight wooohooo I cant wait !!!

some reason today I keep smelling perfume I dont even wear any .... I dont know why I even wrote that here but oh well I dont know why I am smelling it, I smelled it in the store and now that I am home too......

Well ladies I hope all is well and now that things are slowing down I hope to be back on track !!! Woohoo
  • jennyeckel
    jennyeckel Posts: 209
    Options
    hi girls I promise PROMISE to be on tomorrow. I have been having quite the time of it :sad:

did watch bl tonight and WOW is the only word I can say. I had many tears in my eyes and am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO proud of JERRY. HE is such a SWEETIE isnt he???? I wanted to TARA to win she is just a knockout isnt she???? holy mama!!

I will tell you all why I dropped of the face of the internet and my stupid choices. I need a good butt whippin is what I need!!!

loves
    jenny
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    OMG I FELL ASLEEP ..................

I just watched who won!!! WOW she doesnt really look very healthy though ... IDK just me But Tara looked great !!!

Miss Jenny we are here for you !!!!! ((((HUGS))))
  • KZOsMommy
    Options
    Big (((HUGS))) for you Jenny!!!

I agree Crystal I don't think that she looked that healthy. I was really rooting for Mike or Tara to win. I am from the same city Helen is from :smile: .

Anyway it was a great show and I am so excited for Jerry I think that is just wonderful!!!! Amazing how the two of the oldest players won and beat out all those young kids!

I am really enjoying my running! I have lost some more weight but you will all have to wait until friday to find out how much :laugh:

Hope you all have a great day!
  • sanifrey
    Options
    Big (((HUGS))) for you Jenny!!!

I agree Crystal I don't think that she looked that healthy. I was really rooting for Mike or Tara to win. I am from the same city Helen is from :smile: .

Anyway it was a great show and I am so excited for Jerry I think that is just wonderful!!!! Amazing how the two of the oldest players won and beat out all those young kids!

I am really enjoying my running! I have lost some more weight but you will all have to wait until friday to find out how much :laugh:

Hope you all have a great day!

We can't wait to hear about your big loss this week!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I hurt my ankle this week at step class, so I've been doing the treadmill slowly. It feels good to move it in a smooth, even motion. I'm hoping to be ready for step class by Friday morning!! But, OHHHH how I want to run!! :grumble:
  • sanifrey
    Options

some reason today I keep smelling perfume I dont even wear any .... I dont know why I even wrote that here but oh well I dont know why I am smelling it, I smelled it in the store and now that I am home too......

:laugh: :laugh: U so K-Z!! :wink: :wink:
  • KZOsMommy
    Options
    Sandy- I am so sorry you hurt your ankle! I hope that it gets to feeling better really soon!!!
  • jennyeckel
    Options
    hiya girls.

well my family is now official a victim of the recession. IT SUCKS. I found on thursday that we possibly might have to give up our lil grocery store. NOw it is official. But my hubby says it will all be JUST FINE, but I have been having a wee panic over it. ummm....yeah eating like anything is more like it!! Good thing that I don't have a apile of stuff in my house!! So anyways we have been frantically goign to and from and in and out and over and under and all that stuff. BUT I have worked outside ALL day and I KNOW that I have burnt some major cals! I just don't know how many becuz I forgot my heart rate monitor!!! grrrr anyways I am back and going to give it my all again. I need something else for my brain to obsess about so I think this is much healthier!!! btw I am absoultly FLOORED about the scale and I CANT keep it to myself until thursday ( i am a BADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDd secret keeper:wink::laugh: ) I got on it this mornig becuase to see the damage that I have caused myself and....:noway: :noway: I am 171.5?????!!!!????? WHAT in the world???? I have been eating JUNK and I have LOST????? well I will take it but I don't quite feel like I worked for it.....but oh well I will take it for SURE!!!! I am almost to the 160's woo hoooo!!!

gotta get my boy outta tub so hugs
    jenny
  • tabbyh25
    Options
    Jenny- Sorry to hear about your store. hopefully everything will be ok.

I am having knee pain. Does anyone have any advice on what to do about it? It hurts when I exercise so all I am doing for the next couple of days will be Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds.
  • sanifrey
    Options
    Hiya girls!!

Jenny, I'm so sorry!! ((((HUG)))) I hope that you and your family have the strength you need to get through it all. Congrats on your loss this week! You'll be seeing those 160's soon!! :drinker:

Amanda, thank you for your well wishes. I did the TM again today & it's feeling much better. Still tender, but better!! You are doing great!! Thank you for tracking your workouts daily, they really do help to motivate & push me!! :flowerforyou:

Tabby, I suffer from bad knees as well. The only advice I have is to do what you can. If what you're doing is causing you pain, adjust it, do something else. I found this happened alot during some of my dvd's & even at step class. There were certain moves that would cause me pain & I'd do something different. Just work your way around it. I've found that as I've lost some of my weight it's gotten better, but there are still certain moves I won't even go near! Hope this helps! You are doing great!! :drinker:

Mina, how are you loving that P90X?? Looks like you're doing great! I hope that you got some rest!

Laura, how are you hanging in?? Did things go well with your SIL & the baby?? Sure hope so.

Connie, how about your girl?? How's that garden coming along/?

Crystal, our fearless leader, how are you holding up?? Are you still using that sauna suit??

To all our MIA ladies - come back, we miss you! :flowerforyou:
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    Jenny HUGS to you my deary...... I hope all works out for you..

Sandy I am holding up so much going on right now with my kiddos I havent been on the treadmill for a while. Been outside more than anything LOL now that it is nice! My backs been bothering me today so I didnt do anything... Of course the day after I tell the doctor that my back hasnt been hurting it hurts Figures... LOL I am sure it is minor though and If I can I think I might bust out some yoga in the morning... Today is day 2 1/2 of no baby bottle for Maeve !! SHe is two today and All grown up!!! Big girl cups is all we got here now !!!

Well ladies I will chat tommorrow!!
  • constancemwj
    constancemwj Posts: 290
    Options
    Hi everyone:happy:

I know it's been awhile sence I've said Hi.....Life has been crazy as usual.. I can't wait for school to get out I hate these last few weeks before summer break........so much to get done...I come home exausted and promised myself to get to bed early.....leaving me only enought time to logon quick.. and then jump into bed.....and last night I wasn't going to miss BL for anything..... But It went so late....I was sort of sad.... Helen was not one of my fravorates... I agree with you all Tara or Mike should of won....but It was great seeing Jerry win too.......Gives hope to all us oldies....We can lose just as easy as the kids..... So when dose the next season start?????????????

Jenny, I so sorry to hear about your store. I hope thing work out for the best.......It's funny how the storms alway bring on brighter days.... even though we don't always see them at the time......Hang in there.....Being outside in my yard always makes me feel better too.... I just wish I had more time to be out there right now......It seems like we go from winter to summer here and suddenly everything is comming up including the weeds.......
    But great on the weight loss..... I wish that could happen to me.... It seems like I have to fight for every pound lost.......but maybe if I would stick to a routeen then it would come off easer....

Sandi, I hope your anckel is feeling better.
    And tabby your knee too. I could just be strain from the workout.....you might try a brace when you workout to help......

Kelly thanks for the laughts... :laugh: they were great....
    Well I hope you all have a great day tomorrow and work your bums off..... :flowerforyou:
    Connie

• sanifrey
    Options
    Last chance workouts before tomorrow's weigh in!!

I'm thinking more treadmill & some push ups! I'd love to burn around 500.

What's everyone else doing??
  • KZOsMommy
    Options
    LAST CHANCE WORKOUT GET UP AND GET MOVING LADIES!!!!!

Jenny- BIG HUGS sweet heart! I am so sorry about your store. That is awesome about your weight loss in spit of it!

Sandy- Glad that your ankle is feeling better! For my last chance workout I think I am going to do the treadmill, the challenge, plus push ups and sit ups and some squats with weights.

Have a great day ladies!
    Amanda:drinker:
  • jennyeckel
    Options
    oh you girls are such a bright spot for me!! I am doing well this mornig...I am getting stuff ready for a garage sale for memorial day weekend....ahhhhhhggggggggggggg so much junk so little time hahahaha!!

For last chance workout I am goign to somehow burn 500 cals....either doing my cardio max or I have a stepper thing and combine that with squats, burpees pushups and situps and what not....I did that a couple of weeks ago and had a great workout! All while watching survivor hahahaha!!!

Sandy glad ankle is feeling better!!! I sprained it 2 summers ago and it took forever to heal!! Glad that you are back on it!!! Just be careful with it!!!!!
    Crystalllll your back better today????? Hope it is!!! I have used the pilates ball and some slow stretches to help my back before and it worked pretty well....just be a litle gentle with it today!! No sommersaults, trampoline, or skydiving and you should be ok right??? hahahah

Connie thanks for your kind words!!! And about sticking to a routine *hands over acme super duper extra sticky super glue* squirt some of this on yoru heiny and away you GO!!!!!!!! :wink: :laugh: It is toough to stick but you can do it !!!

ahggggggggggggggggggggg I gotta run and I wasnt even done...!!! So to all of you wonderful gorgeous women HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS to you allll! We are doing this togeather and the journey has been GREATTT thank you all for you motivation, support and your excellent example!!!!

jenny