~May~ The Biggest Loser DVD/ Health Attack ( Newbies always

Options

Replies

• CrystalOKeefe
    CrystalOKeefe Posts: 326
    Options
    My back feels wonderful today! No pain I think it had something to do with me moving the furnature around or the weather but now I am great !!! Played in the yard planted flowers jumping jacks sit ups 10 mins on bike Woohoo....... I feel good !!!
  • tabbyh25
    tabbyh25 Posts: 66
    Options
    My last chance workout will consist of taking my daughter roller skating for 2 hours, leslie sansone's dvd's, and ab work. I can't wait to see how everyone weighs in tomorrow.
  • tabbyh25
    Options
    Well I wieghed in and I lost 2 more pounds. I know that is good but I would like to lose more. I should stop complaining because at least I am losing weight. My knees still hurt so I will stuck just doing the walking dvd's and strength and sculpt dvd's. How was everyone's weight loss? I can't wait to find out.:laugh:
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    Tabby I gained this week since I had done much lately and I wasnt logging my food ... I back on that wagon and ready or not here I come ..... I have 5 pounds to lose before june 1 that is my goal !!!
    What has happened to everyone? I didnt realize we lost so many people ..... COME BACK ..... Welcome to anyone who would like to join .....

Since I started with this group I have lost 6.8 pounds WOOHOO .....

I am gonna stay away from flour items this week and see how it goes !!
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Hello Lovely Ladies!!!

Crystal- WTG being so pumped up on getting back on the wagon!!! I too am going to switch up my diet some just not sure yet how. I will tell ya just switching up my exercise this week has broken my body's strike.

Tabby- GREAT job on the 2 pounds that is AWESOME!!! I was finally able to lose weight this week after two weeks of a lose and a gain. This week I started running a lot and I was able to lose 3lbs :)

Hope that you all have a GREAT day!
    Amanda
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Hey girls!!

I have to agree with Amanda, treadmill is the way to go!! I also lost 3 lbs this week, doing mostly cardio on the treadmill!

My ankle was feeling better, but then I went back to step class today & it's a bit sore again! GGGRRRR! Hopefully it'll be better soon!

So happy to see you back Crystal!:happy:

Nice job on the 2 lbs Tabby!! You're doing it the healthy way!! :wink:

Have a great day!!:smile:
  • laurajoyk
    laurajoyk Posts: 305
    Options
    Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't been on here much this month so far, but I have had some issues LOL I still have my job and I love it even though it only pays 9 an hour, but sadly my fiance will be losing his by next friday when he comes home from working on the slope. In alaska people get paid like 4 grand at least a month to work on the Northern slope of Alaska on the pipeline, and he won't be working there unless he gets another job up there in a different department, or a different company. So I have been stressing about this since I only make 1200 to 1300 a month. I can just barely pay the bills, so I have been eating whatever we have left, not grocery shopping, and sadly tonight having some rum to make me feel better. I didn't weigh in cause even though I am working out at the gym I have a free membership too I weight 216.0 lbs now so not only have the eating habits caught up to me the last two weeks, but the stress has. I hate the fact that the economy sucks, cause they wouldn't be laying people off, but I also hate the fact that I have worked sooooo hard for so long that of course the first time I mess up and get a dui and have to take a job close to my home screws up my entire future because I can't support my family. Sorry that I'm venting. I don't normally drink a lot, but one night I drove home and got pulled over about two months ago, my first time being in trouble so I couldn't commute to my 13 an hour job anymore, and got a job at the gym which I could walk to and now Jared is being laid off. Its sucks. I made more per month working 3 days a week at my last job than I do at the gym working 5 days a week. It sucks, its like everything hits you all at once.

I am still working out, and two weeks ago I paid for another visit with the trainer, so hopefully with working out as much and as hard as I can I can get below 200 lbs, but sadly my eating habits will have to deal with me eating whats left of my frozen veggies and canned veggies and top ramen.

I am so glad I found you guys on here, I was doing so well, but right now I can focus on working out and getting Jared and my life on track.
  • laurajoyk
    laurajoyk Posts: 305
    Options
    Hey girls!!

I have to agree with Amanda, treadmill is the way to go!! I also lost 3 lbs this week, doing mostly cardio on the treadmill!

My ankle was feeling better, but then I went back to step class today & it's a bit sore again! GGGRRRR! Hopefully it'll be better soon!

So happy to see you back Crystal!:happy:

Nice job on the 2 lbs Tabby!! You're doing it the healthy way!! :wink:

Have a great day!!:smile:

My trainer told me that if you put the treadmill on an incline, it won't bother your knees, since I said I like the elliptical since its easier on my joints you might try that for your ankle
  • queenmina
    queenmina Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hello FABULOUS WOMEN!

To Jenny and Laura - I'm so sorry to hear about your situations. I completely feel for you. I have a full-time job but my hubbie owns his own business so he so feels the recession. He does import/export so the exchange rates are killing him. But I always tell him, what doesn't kill ya, makes you stronger. :) And we just have to hang in there.

Good thing we have something to distract us like this weight loss!

Sandy, I hope you ankle's better. Just take it easy. I find that ankle rolls always help me. I have an old ballet injury in my left ankle and making sure it's really warmed up and stretched really helps. An ankle support might help too.

Connie, nice to hear from you again!

To the rest of you fab girls, how you all are doing well!

And yes, I'm almost done with week 1 of my P90X (today is Kenpo and tom is stretch X). It's supposed to be a really intense workout, but I find that I'm doing ok. Probably because of all YOUR challenges! And we've been working out for a while now, so I feel strong. But the strength videos are hard core. I can't do a pull up so I'm modifying that, but at least I can do GIRLY PUSHUPS! Haha.

I have a confession to make, after last, last Friday's weigh in... I weighed 182... but I binged over the weekend and when I weighed on Sunday, I was 185!!! Three freaking pounds in two days! So I spend the rest of this week trying to get rid of it by last Friday's weigh in. And I almost made it. I'm 0.8lb off (I weighed in at 182.8) - I'll take it!

I've been doing an experiment this week... I've been weighing everyday as prescribed by this book I'm reading. I log all my calories consumed and burned and compare vs my weight the next morning, and it seems easier to monitor my progress that way, because I can adjust and respond immediately. I still haven't found the magic calorie intake that would keep the weight coming off. I need to eat because I'm burning so much, but it seems I'm not eating as less as I should to keep my weight moving. Right now I'm playing between 1300 and 1800, based on my computations. But I think maybe I have to lower it to 1200 to 1500. I'll keep playing around with it until I get it. The key is not to obsess about the numbers - but to see them as an aid to figuring out my proper calories.

Ooh I'm doing a lot of talking today. HAHA! I'd better go do my kenpo! Haha. Keep in touch you lovely women! You all keep me sane!
  • jennyeckel
    jennyeckel Posts: 209
    Options
    :heart: :heart: hey ladiyloos
    I am 171.5 so that is graet! My hubby I think has found a job to move on to that he is hapy with! I have been under piles of clothes and "junk" getting ready for next weekends garage sale! oooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh my goodness I have been finding clothes that I had to put away in the day becuase tehy were too small. :noway: :noway: are you kidding me??????? I dug them out of their dust and just said WOW did I ever fill these out???? Becuase I can put like one and half of me in them now!!!! So that cheered me up! Unfotunately the dust is really creating havoc with hmm lets see my nose, my eyes and my throat! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGgg hack hack hack hahahah I am just goign to state here and now that I probably won't be on alot for the next week! But after this weekend I will be back like I use to be. I understand crystal about falling off the wagon! I have been jesttttttttt barely hanging onto the bumper of it!:grumble: You girls are so great to talk to and great for encouragemnt! Good job on all your weight losses!!! I have to back into the dust and mildew....My poor poor washing machine is getting ITS workout this week!!!!!!

hugs and loves
    :heart: :heart:
    jenny
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    :devil: :explode: :mad: :angry: :grumble: thats how I feel right now!!! Calis soccer coach didnt even show up for pictures .................I stood in the picture to say I was the coach then the stupid lady didnt bring a ball and didnt show up till right time to play!!! Then it started raining we didnt have enough players ARGH .......................
  • tabbyh25
    Options
    Well today is not the greatest for me. I have been eating almost everything and I don't know why. I feel sick to my stomach. Tomorrow I am back on track. I do not like this feeling at all.:devil:

How is everyone's weekend going so far??????
  • constancemwj
    constancemwj Posts: 290
    Options
    Hi wonderful ladies!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
    Great job on the weight loss this last week.... sorry I missed weightin yesterday morning but I did weight and was close to a lbs. I'm just glad to see the number go down instead of up.......even if it slow going.:ohwell:

isn't it crazy how the stresses of life can mess with our diets......

I hope things work out for you Laura,,,,, just hang in there....this rotton ecomany is hard on us all in it's own way.... Now my news.... My husband gets to keep the job he loves, only if he is willing to relocate...... Sooooooooooooooooooooo We are moving. This is very hard for me.....:sad: I love were I live my job and friends here. and I just finished repainting most the inside of my home.
    We are going 530miles south to New Mexico......

Jenny I know how you feel the last two days I've done nothing but walk around my home and made list of what to do with everything. We've lived here a long time and accumalated so much stuff......To much to move with us...... I hate doing yard sales and now I get to have one too...at least I have a month to prepare....
    I notices moving stuff like boxes and furnature is listed under exercise....That may be most of my workouts these next few weeks........

And I'll confess tonight I ate a huge bowl of Chocolate Ice cream to make me feel better...... I think it worked, but tomorow I may regret it.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.:smile:
    love ya all Connie:smile:
  • queenmina
    queenmina Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hey girls!

Sounds like the weekend is doing good for some of us.

Jenny I'm happy to hear about your hubby and good luck with the garage sale!

Connie, I'm sure you'll like your new place. It's just a matter of getting used to it right? No worries about the ice cream! I had some myself today. YUM. Haha!

And girls I have to share something with you all... :) I've been weighing everyday this week... And I think it really helps me really monitor my weight better, than waiting for the end of the week to weigh in. Check out these numbers...

10 May (Sun) - 185lbs
    11 May (M) - 183.4lbs
    12 May (T) - 182.6lbs
    13 May (W) - 182lbs
    14 May (Th) - 183.8
    15 May (F) - 182.8
    16 May (S) - 181.6
    17 May (Sun) - 180.8

That's 4.2lbs! Woohoo. I think this is a much better system for me. Especially with the calorie counting. :) It's really tedious, but maybe it would help some of you, too. :) I've been counting calories on SparkPeople.Com (on both the website and with my iPhone application) - it's really convenient.

Good luck this week everyone!

MMMMMWAH!

PS... I'm really intrigued by Chalene Extreme.
  • tabbyh25
    Options
    I think I am going to try this for myself. I am having a hard time not weighing myself until the end of the week. I hope this works for me like it has for you. Thank you Mina.
    And girls I have to share something with you all... :) I've been weighing everyday this week... And I think it really helps me really monitor my weight better, than waiting for the end of the week to weigh in. Check out these numbers...

10 May (Sun) - 185lbs
    11 May (M) - 183.4lbs
    12 May (T) - 182.6lbs
    13 May (W) - 182lbs
    14 May (Th) - 183.8
    15 May (F) - 182.8
    16 May (S) - 181.6
    17 May (Sun) - 180.8

[qoute]
  • sanifrey
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

I hope that everyone had good weekends! I really have alot of work to do to make up for my bad choices! Aunt flo is on the way & I had so many cravings & I was soooo hungry! The only good thing that I can say is that I worked out on Saturday morning & then worked in the basement cleaning on Sunday. But I'm retaining water like a sponge today!!

I have step class this morning & I'm hoping that the ankle will hold up. We'll see!

Have a great day!
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    Good morning Ladies !!! Today is monday lets move it move it !! Weekend is over time to move!! Today I am going to start back loggin my foods to see whats going on... I am all bound up feel horrible ... I need to work out !!

I cannot weigh in everyday (atleast write it down) Cause lately it flucuates soooo much!

Well ladies have a great day!!!
  • sanifrey
    Options
    Just reporting back in! I had a great step class & did okay through it. Jump & jacks are a little painful on my ankle, so I just did the leg out to the side thingy. But, the class was great & I burned 398 in 1 hour. We did some arm work & abs as well!

I still have to do my challenge today & then I'll be set!!

Keep movin!! :drinker:
  • constancemwj
    constancemwj Posts: 290
    Options
    Hi everyone, I hope you all had a great weekend.......:flowerforyou:

Not weighting is how I got myself into the shape I'm in........So the first think I do every morning when I get up is step on the scale........It has helped me keep on track.............I only wish I could drop the number like you have Mina 4lbs in a week is awsome..........And yes my weight does fluxuates a bit but I try not to worry about it too much.... Just as long as the numbers go down more then up......I'ed be to afread to go a whole week without weighing....

Sandi, glad to hear you ankle is doing better...be careful not to over do it though

tonight, I was so proud of myself.....:bigsmile: I came home and worked out hard including jogging a mile......I haven't done that in like foreever.......I'll probly be sore tomorrow.....

I movin it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh:
    have a good night...:smile:
  • sanifrey
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Great job Connie on your work out & jogging that mile! Keep at it!! What's on today's schedule?

Crystal, how's the logging going?? I love coming here & logging my food right after my meals, it really does keep me accountable & on track!

Where is everyone else?? Let's make some NOISE!!!