1,200 calorie

Options
124»

Replies

• sherry9300
    sherry9300 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Ah, this again. Well, it depends on you. 1200 is fine for me because it's very close to my BMR since I'm a short, older female with a desk job. If I were a 6'1" twenty-something active male it would be ridiculous.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Mfp set me 1200 for my size and lifestyle. I'm on maintenance.

Today:
    Cals 1203,
    Carbs 27,
    fat 64,
    Protein 148,
    sugars 12,
    potassium 2220

I was going to say that your Carbs are much lower than the daily amount recomended by most nutritionists, but can see you are following Paleo. But I understood even for Paleo that around 100g was recommended at maintenance level.

I'm impressed with your protein levels - I'm on 1750 calories daily and I struggle to get as much protein in as you.
    Thanks, I feel good on these ratios. I see we are both Aussies, and born in the same year! ;D
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options

Today:
    Cals 1203,
    Carbs 27,
    fat 64,
    Protein 148,
    sugars 12,
    potassium 2220

I was going to say that your Carbs are much lower than the daily amount recomended by most nutritionists, but can see you are following Paleo. But I understood even for Paleo that around 100g was recommended at maintenance level.

I'm impressed with your protein levels - I'm on 1750 calories daily and I struggle to get as much protein in as you.
    Thanks, I feel good on these ratios. I see we are both Aussies, and born in the same year! ;D

Whilst I would love to visit Australia, I've not managed it yet.

I'm from South Wales - UK. :)
  • watboy
    watboy Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I eat roughly that amount daily give or take a few calories. I almost never eat my excercise calories. No issues, no health problems, tons of energy. Oh and I'm not eating this way to lose weight before anyones says I'm starving myself to lose weight.want. I am the weight I want and been for a long time now. I eat pretty much anything I want.It's just how I eat. Everyone is different. I don't ballon up If I eat more no yo-yo for me. Only time I ever gain weight is during my works busy season because I order fast food due to not having time to make meals.
  • watboy
    watboy Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I've never eaten my calories back. I lost 58 lbs and been keepign it off. Of course I didn't know anything about mfp nor "eating calories back". different things work differently for different people. Wow used many variations of different just now.

Oh and one more thing! Make SURE you are eating your back calories from your workouts, those are very important

This! You won't lose otherwise.
  • Tajdancer
    Tajdancer Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I saw the nutritionist with my diabetes program yesterday and she told me to reduce my calories to 1300 and not eat back my exercise calories. I have been doing 1500 and eating back most. I have lost 10 lbs in a month which I felt was good., Now I'm confused again. Am seeing my GP on Tues. and will see what she says. Good luck.

Interesting. Did you ask why she reduced your calories when what you were doing was obviously working, at least as far as weight loss? (Ten pounds in 4 weeks is great!) Was your blood glucose all wonky or something? In which case, I would think substituting more "diabetes-friendly" foods rather than calorie reduction would be the first thing to try.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options

Today:
    Cals 1203,
    Carbs 27,
    fat 64,
    Protein 148,
    sugars 12,
    potassium 2220

Hi Kym