Anyone else annoyed by other dieters?

Options
Ok so I had a baby 5 months ago and at first I just wanted to get to my pre-pregnancy weight but then I decided to get fit also. So I run, and lift small weights, and other various workouts. I am on a 1000-1200 calorie diet. I mainly use it as a guideline I go over but not by much. I have changed all my eating habits and eat healthy most of the time(I'm not perfect) but I feel like I do good. I have lost about 13 lbs since the new year and 2inches off my waist and 2inchez off my hips. Other inches lost in legs but not much. BUT I'm so annoyed by ppl who barely eat and do alot of exercise or just don't eat period, and see tons of results. Also annoyed by ppl with ridiculous goals. I'm 5'2 and wanna be 118-120lbs and that's a good weight but ppl who are 5'7 and wanna be 118lbs also it just blows my mind cuz that can't be healthy. Basically I just wondering if anyone else is annoyed my this. Rant over!

Replies

• seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    Basically, no. I know what I am doing is right and I feel the best I've felt in my entire life. I try to not focus on what other people are doing. It only serves to bring me down. Focus on YOU.
  • maddiedog22
    maddiedog22 Posts: 116
    Options
    Basically, no. I know what I am doing is right and I feel the best I've felt in my entire life. I try to not focus on what other people are doing. It only serves to bring me down. Focus on YOU.

I no but it's hard cuz a few ppl are my friends and they sit a boost about there weight loss when I loose 3lbs a month and they loose that in a week, and they aren't over weight either.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Yep. People who eat 1000-1200 calories a day, and exercise lots. :tongue:

I think any 'dieters' frustrate me, but at the end of the day my attention is on me. I've had people try and encourage me to fad diet before, because I'm "losing too slow". They're the ones who stop dieting every few weeks, gain it back for a few months, then try again, and are all the while finding they feel rubbish, but they still feel that what they're doing is right. It doesn't happen so much any more, but I used to get really annoyed when people tried to tell me to do things their way. Now, I don't have people like that regularly in my life.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    people that eat 1000-1200 a day and do only cardio annoye me. They should do it the right way. AKA my way. :flowerforyou:
  • maddiedog22
    Options
    Thx I no in doing it the right way. And my results will last it just need more encouragement. I'm not gonna give up just was hoping I wasn't the only crazy one annoyed by silliness
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    1000 calories IS barely eating. This annoys me.

That being said, you do look amazing, especially for someone who just had a baby recently. I still think you should eat more, though. And lift heavier weights.
  • maddiedog22
    Options
    1000 calories IS barely eating. This annoys me.

That being said, you do look amazing, especially for someone who just had a baby recently. I still think you should eat more, though. And lift heavier weights.
    Thx I do plan on moving up to heavier weights, I never eat only 1000 calories cuz that is crazy but mfp said to do 1200 a day so I just went with it. I don't drink pop, eat red meat, less salt, and eats lots of veggies. I was thinking of goin to 1500cals but I was hopin to drop more weight first then go into maintenance.
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm a rather private person, and have kept my new diet/exercise plan to myself. Well, of course my husband knows but most of my co-workers do not. EVERYONE seems to be on a diet at work. Nutrisystem, Slimgenics, Medifast, Weight Watchers, various fasts, SlimFast--you name it, someone at my work is on that diet.

Everyone is trying to promote *THEIR* diet. Since I'm one of the biggest fatties at work, and since I'm not talking about my diet, everyone is trying to tell me about their great diet. I hope it works for them, I really do, but I'm not interested in shakes and points, and purchasing special meals. "Special" diets are how I ended up at over 200 pounds in the first place. I just smile and nod.
  • jadef154
    jadef154 Posts: 2
    Options
    Yeah, I know what you mean. It's sad that media and the like can affect our self-perception so much--to bring us to insane goals! I think people really focus on numbers (especially weight) and not just being healthy and fit for their height and body type. It's difficult not to compare numbers (in my experience at least) with other people but ultimately I try to focus on if I'm happy with how my clothes fit, my endurance, and my commitment to a healthy diet. Keep up your good work and as much as those people shouldn't focus on comparing themselves to others, let's do our best to not let those people annoy us. :-P I'm with ya!
  • maddiedog22
    Options
    Yes, I'm a rather private person, and have kept my new diet/exercise plan to myself. Well, of course my husband knows but most of my co-workers do not. EVERYONE seems to be on a diet at work. Nutrisystem, Slimgenics, Medifast, Weight Watchers, various fasts, SlimFast--you name it, someone at my work is on that diet.

Everyone is trying to promote *THEIR* diet. Since I'm one of the biggest fatties at work, and since I'm not talking about my diet, everyone is trying to tell me about their great diet. I hope it works for them, I really do, but I'm not interested in shakes and points, and purchasing special meals. "Special" diets are how I ended up at over 200 pounds in the first place. I just smile and nod.

Ur a good person! Thx I just need to learn to avoid them. I can't do fad diets it's to boring. And expensive!
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I get annoyed by the super skinny ones, that are like a size 4-6, and think the need to get down to a 0-2. I refocus and try not to let it bother me. I'm 5'5 my goal is 150, I have 60 pounds to go, after I reach that, maybe go as low as 120-130, I don't want to be super skinny, just healthy.
  • maddiedog22
    Options
    I get annoyed by the super skinny ones, that are like a size 4-6, and think the need to get down to a 0-2. I refocus and try not to let it bother me. I'm 5'5 my goal is 150, I have 60 pounds to go, after I reach that, maybe go as low as 120-130, I don't want to be super skinny, just healthy.

That's how some ppl are a size 3 isn't huge and ppl think they gotta drop 10lbs cuz their pants got tight. One of my friends is 5'6 and wants to weigh 110lbs and she is already tiny. I need better friends lol
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Nope!
    I don't check out what they are doing and just focus on my own fitness. I pretty much "stick to my own knitting", as the saying goes.
    I just go my happy little way, no drama required
  • kelceyjean12011
    kelceyjean12011 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    yes! i have a girl on my facebook who posted today about how she lost 40lbs in 2 months...and 9 times out of ten she probably doesnt eat enough and does cardio like crazy...
  • Kiris2
    Kiris2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I think YOU look amazing and have done an amazing job! Losing that much weight is wonderful! So proud of you and for you!
  • Josephina57
    Josephina57 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I so agree with you. This could have been my post.
  • koolmamasan
    Options
    I understand some of your frustration. I'm 5'2" as well and my lowest weight was 123 but I am comfortable at the 125 I am now and I feel good. I "cheat" as well but I don't feel too guilty because I know I look and feel better. My advice is just don't let other ppl's comments or blogs get you down. You are losing weight and feeling good about yourself not anyone else.
  • mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    My frustration is that i can't seem to figure out what works for me. I've lost a small amount of weight but it's taken a very long time to do that and I still have a long way to go. In the same amount of time it's taken me to lose 27 pounds my sister has lost nearly 90 pounds. I eat healthily, she only eats diet food like weightwatchers ready meals, and the weight just seems to drop off her. That's how I used to eat and I'm huge so I have no idea how it works for her!
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I get annoyed when people think because they lost weight that they think are now dietitians and doctors and say stupid stuff.
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I can get annoyed when people think that what they do to "diet" is the be all and end all. The fact is everyone has a different body - and they all work differently.
    I dont like FAD DIETS - I get asked to join body by vi on a regular basis - and a friend of mine who was going to one of those herbal weightloss places - she was boasting about me and they legit asked her what I was doing ... Red flag much ??

The fact is - as long as someone is being HEALTHY with their choices and not abusing their body - kudos.
    I came from the under eating side of things only to venture into over eating. This time its about doing things right.

I just tend to avoid people who are being rediculous. If they are going to frustrate you - just steer clear of them. Its fairly easy on here - just dont friend anyone who drives you nuts. As for real life people - I find most of these fad dieters are done with their monkey business in a couple months when they find i doesnt work.