Anyone else annoyed by other dieters?

Options

Replies

• maddiedog22
    maddiedog22 Posts: 116
    Options
    Yeah, I know what you mean. It's sad that media and the like can affect our self-perception so much--to bring us to insane goals! I think people really focus on numbers (especially weight) and not just being healthy and fit for their height and body type. It's difficult not to compare numbers (in my experience at least) with other people but ultimately I try to focus on if I'm happy with how my clothes fit, my endurance, and my commitment to a healthy diet. Keep up your good work and as much as those people shouldn't focus on comparing themselves to others, let's do our best to not let those people annoy us. :-P I'm with ya!

Thx I can't wait to be we're I wanna be, the media and other ppl really mess with my perception. I look in the mirror in the morning and I feel happy then I see my friend who eats watever and is smaller just feels like a slap in the face. But my fav quote is
    " skinny ppl look good with clothes on, fit ppl look good naked"
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    You would eventually loose more weight and sustainably if you upped your intake to 1400-1500 and exercised.

And I'm 5ft 7 and the lowest I can weigh healthily according to my BMI is 125lbs.

I think you need to stop comparing yourself to others and being annoyed at their weight loss.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    You look amazing AND just had a baby...if I were you I wouldnt bother being annoyed by other peoples weight loss strategies or successes with a "perceived" lack of effort.

Good luck with your future goals!!!
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    i'm annoyed by people who act like 1200 calories is easy, and who ask for ways to GET to 1200 calories. seriously go eat a freaking almond or peanut butter.

however, i am one of those 5'7 people who would like to weigh 122 in the summer (and i was there last summer, currently at 127). i think there's nothing wrong with that, i like how i look like that, but i do get annoyed at the girls who are 5'7 and say they're FAT when they weigh 127 and are all OMGZ that they can't lose more weight.

i keep very few friends on here, only the ones who are similar to me. i hate seeing people who lose 1000 calories during a run, and eat only 1200. i used to have an eating disorder, and it brings back memories. it's just not healthy.
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    at 5'7 the lowest you can go is 119 before being "underweight".
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Life is too short and too busy to get annoyed by other people's dieting decisions. Everyone is different, and everyone is really just trying to do the best they can. Can we all just give each other a break? ;D
  • Mzfoster0517
    Mzfoster0517 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Points annoy me, and I listen to other people talk about their diets and I'm like do what works for you. I'm not really out of shape but I would like to drop some weight and build more muscle. I'm 5' 7" and would like to be around 155 to 165 in weight.
  • jlhill7
    jlhill7 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Basically, no. I know what I am doing is right and I feel the best I've felt in my entire life. I try to not focus on what other people are doing. It only serves to bring me down. Focus on YOU.

I no but it's hard cuz a few ppl are my friends and they sit a boost about there weight loss when I loose 3lbs a month and they loose that in a week, and they aren't over weight either.

Yes frustrates the heck out of me. I loose 3-5 pounds a month and one of my MFP friends average about 2-4 pounds a week
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    No it doesn't annoy me but I would never do a low calorie diet like that. I like to be healthy and treat my body well. And you must be very tiny because 1000 to 1200 is also a very small number of calories to be eating.
  • maddiedog22
    maddiedog22 Posts: 116
    Options
    Thx everyone. I rarely see posts like this, it's always ppl talking about crazy success stories or skinny ppl asking advice to get skinnier and now I no ppl like me are prob the ppl that avoid those posts. I appreciate everyone's comments.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    My frustration is that i can't seem to figure out what works for me. I've lost a small amount of weight but it's taken a very long time to do that and I still have a long way to go. In the same amount of time it's taken me to lose 27 pounds my sister has lost nearly 90 pounds. I eat healthily, she only eats diet food like weightwatchers ready meals, and the weight just seems to drop off her. That's how I used to eat and I'm huge so I have no idea how it works for her!

This is my frustration too! It's taken me nearly 2 months to lose 12 pounds, which is at a rate of 1.5 pounds a week. That may sound good to some people, but at my current weight, the amount of exercise I've been doing, and my calorie intake (anywhere from 1200-1800, I try to calorie cycle, and I eat healthy, whole foods, very little refined carbs and sugar), I was really hoping for a 2 pound loss per week. It frustrates me to see people dropping the same amount of weight in half the time, when they don't seem to be doing all that much different than what i'm doing.
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Eventually they will crash and burn, you have a sustainable plan and will look good and be able to maintain if you stick with it! Eating that little and working out that much with little food is no better than any other gimmick diet out there.
  • Silverstar46
    Silverstar46 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    My sister is a model and weighs around 120lbs at MOST and is 5'5. The other day she said, "I need to start doing P90X because I have to get rid of all this fat.":noway:

There I am.. more than twice as big as her but trying so damn HARD to get rid of the weight.. I just wanted to slap her.

It's the unintentionally cruel people that bother me. I try to let the 'dieters' be, but I seriously LOVE when someone tries to give me dieting advice when they aren't eating well and I've lost almost 50lbs. :grumble:

Aw well, live and let live! :drinker:
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    The ones that annoy me are the ones,like my younger brother, who eat like pigs, rarely exercise and never put on an an ounce.......maybe annoyance isn't the right word....jealousy????LOL
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    i'm annoyed by people who act like 1200 calories is easy, and who ask for ways to GET to 1200 calories. seriously go eat a freaking almond or peanut butter.

i hate seeing people who lose 1000 calories during a run, and eat only 1200.

This ^^^^^^^

and I get annoyed at people who think their way is the only way and argue with the method to other peoples successes.

We are ALL different. We all need to loose weight in a healthy way and that way is usually slow and steady.

exercise.png
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    The ones that annoy me are the ones,like my younger brother, who eat like pigs, rarely exercise and never put on an an ounce.......maybe annoyance isn't the right word....jealousy????LOL

Ah, but you're healthy on the inside. :happy:
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    No it doesn't annoy me but I would never do a low calorie diet like that. I like to be healthy and treat my body well. And you must be very tiny because 1000 to 1200 is also a very small number of calories to be eating.

I agree with this, although I'm not sure size has everything to do with it. I'm 5'10" and I average over 2,000 cals a day and am doing just fine. I know many women on here who are shorter and smaller that eat as much, if not more, than I do and still manage to lose weight.

To the OP - as others have said, just focus on what you're doing...although I would suggest you eat more. Everyone is different, everyone has different perceptions of themselves and how they want to look and feel. Unless your friends are threatening their health and lives and you are generally worried about their well-being, I would just stick to doing YOU.
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    In the end, you will be the one to keep the weight off because you have done it the right way and changed your lifestyle. They will be asking you for your secret!
  • isabelk
    isabelk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    seriously go eat a freaking almond or peanut butter.
  • isabelk
    isabelk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    That made me laugh out load, almond LOL!