Those who started at 300+ pounds!

Options

Replies

• Westman67
    Westman67 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started in Dec of 2011 at 338lbs. I'm now 280lbs, but I went to McDonald's today and ate a meal like I used to eat. I'm not proud of myself today. :(
  • steflbrown
    steflbrown Posts: 168
    Options
    At my heaviest, I was 312. I was in complete denial until I went to Cedar Point and couldn't ride on a rollercoaster because I was too big. I swore to myself that from that day on, I would change. I am currently at 284.5 as of this morning. It's been a long road (had an injury that slowed me down for a while), but now I'm back into it. It's a great feeling to fit into smaller clothes and be more comfortable in my skin. Can't imagine what it will be like when I hit my goal weight.

Seeing as I am relatively new to using this site consistently, feel free to friend me. Could definitely use the motivation and would love to help motivate others as well!!
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    At my heaviest I was 301 (year and a half ago) and now I am at 176 for now. I just joined this site a few days ago because I had hit a plateau and a friend had recommended it and I am finding this site to be so very useful. It is so awesome to see people who know what I have been through. Add me if you'd like.
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    At my highest I was 322, I started MFP at 299. This is the best site and has made such a difference in my life. You can always get help here. I've finally figured out that its NOT a race. I'm not going to get to go back to eating whatever I want, whenever I want when I've lost the weight, so what's the rush? I still have a long way to go but I already feel SO much better. You can do it!
  • Adrian211
    Adrian211 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I started at 329, and am down to 323 after 3 weeks. I've been getting at least 30 minutes of cardio 3-4 times a week, along with restarting my strength training program. I am fully dedicated to this, and MFP is an amazing tool to track and keep myself accountable.

I think my breaking point was being diagnosed with sleep apnea. I started to research it, and panicked when I realized how deadly of a disorder it can be. It's greatly affected my life the past 6 months, and I'm ready to lose this weight and get my life back on track.
  • thepanttherlady
    thepanttherlady Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and started off at 332, October 31, 2011. :)
  • 0622cameron
    Options
    My highest weight was 385 pounds this was 8 years ago and 5 kids later. At the begining of this year I restared MFP at 311 pounds Now I am 295 pounds. I would have loved to had lost more weight as this point but I know with determination this weight will come off.
  • 8bitAlina
    8bitAlina Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Started at 315lbs. A year later I'm now 255lbs. MFP has really helped me in so many ways :)
  • ljd0693
    ljd0693 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I started at 330 and am now down to below 220. It can be done but don't expect it to happen overnight. It's taken me years to get where I am now.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I started at 313 pounds which was my all time high on March 21 of 2011. I am currently at 228 and my goal is 180. You can do this no matter where you are starting. Don't look at the whole picture or you'll get frustrated. Take it 5 or 10 pounds at a time. You will get to your goal before you know it.
  • deniseselah
    deniseselah Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    My highest was 382. Started MFP at 371 a few months ago. My goals at first were just to be honest and log everything I ate. Then I set a goal of trying to put together 2-3 good eating days in a row ... then 4, then 5, then a week etc. This week has not been too great. But I've had some success - down 8# so far. I know I need to exercise. I know I need to lay off the drive-thru. I am still playing a lot of mind games. I know I am not working as hard as I could be.

I have seen some great success stories on MFP. It takes hard work and consistency and a positive attitude. Sometimes I am in short supply of one - or all three! Which is why having the support on MFP helps so much. Feel free to add me :smile:

just read the thread up to this point ... so many inspirational posts! I added a bunch of you :flowerforyou:
  • MsMargie1116
    MsMargie1116 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Where to start... In 2003-ish, I was almost at 400lbs... did the Atkins diet for 8 months, and got down to 326. Went off of it and got back up to 371!!! In October of 2005, I started going to Curves and a month later I started doing Weight Watchers. I got down to 320 and found out I was pregnant. After that one ended in a stillbirth, a miscarriage, and two deaths later I was back up to 351. I went back to Weight Watchers and started going to the gym. Lost my job and managed to continue losing weight,even though I had to stop WW... Once I got my current job, I found myself eating whatever I wanted. In January, I weighed in at 332, I was devastated. I got back on the weight loss wagon, we have a Biggest Loser competition going on at work and since January 2012, have lost 34lbs!!! :smile: I'm now at 297 and losing... :smile:

If you look in my pictures, there's a Before and after pic of me... :smile:
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I started Jan 1 2011 at 322, I weighed in Friday 3/9/2012 at 226, It's doable I lost the first 80 on diet alone and really haven't returned to hard exercise until just a few weeks ago. I am doing things now I did not have the flexibility to do 20-30 lbs age. It's not where you start the journey that counts its where you end up that matters.
    I should note that I started MFP in Oct with roughly 76 lbs lost. It has been a great tool. You can friend me if you would like help.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I also started at not quite 300 (290) I ran (literally) my way down to 219 in just over a year. My "ex" started at 320 (I think) and ran her way down to 170 (also, I think) in a year and a half.

Couldn't quite hold on. Injuries and frustration at not being able to budge the line (MAJOR plateau) for months at a time led to indifference which led to. . .

Seeing 250+ on the scale woke me up and I decided something MUST be done. I needed a nagging nanny and this mobile app / website fit the bill.

I have several goals:
    1) Get my average pace back to 8:45 (or less) it was that just four months ago.
    2) get my weekly mileage to 30 or more
    3) Get light enough to ride my go fast road bike (can't afford another wheelset right now and the one I have has a 209 weight limit I don't plan on challenging the veracity of)
    4) Do one pull-up. Never been able to do one my entire life. . . just no upper body strength whatsoever.
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    My heaviest was 336 in 2010, but I started MFP at 294. I'm down almost 30 lbs now.

MFP and the people here have been tremendously wonderful and supportive. Frankly, I'd have probably given up long ago, if left to my own devices, as I had every other time I embarked on a calorie-counting weight-loss journey.

I'm learning how to live well, eat right, move more. I've even registered for races (duathlons!) which I never ever thought I'd do. It's pretty darned cool. :)
  • b3llzy
    b3llzy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I originally started a couple years ago @ 304...got down to 234. Life changes happened and I got up to 289, close to my original start weight!
  • wwdot
    wwdot Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My highest weight was 310. I've been on several diets to get the weight off. Currently I weigh 165. Signed up with MFP Feb 2012. Would really like to weigh 155 but have found it too hard to maintain that. So, 165 is not so bad.

(The Dec 2009 date is in error.)
  • GettinMyLifeBck
    GettinMyLifeBck Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Highest weight was 415 in Jan 2011 and I started this Journey in May 2011 at 390lbs and I am currently 297.4. It is possible with dedication and staying consistent!! No crazy diet or anything just counting calories and drinking lots of water. I haven't always been consistent with my exercise until recently but I stayed focused with logging my food. Everyday hasn't been just great but this is a lifestyle change and you will start to learn more about yourself.. Its awesome you can do it!!
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    So, who had a starting weight of 300+ pounds? I feel like it's going to be almost impossible to lose all the weight, but if someone else did it, SO CAN I! I am 5'11 and my starting weight with MFP 7 days ago was 318.5. I now weigh 316. So.....go ahead...you're turn!
    I did. It's no impossible.
  • bekkaL85
    bekkaL85 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My highest recorded weight was when I was diagnosed with high blood pressure at 21. I weighed 412 pounds. They had to put me on the special animal machine too. One of the worst moments ever.

A year and one month ago I started losing weight. I'm 26 now and am ready to face the facts. I am proud to say that I weigh 314.2. I have 143 left for my goal weight....and I'm gonna do it! I have lost a total of 98 pounds. Believe me when I say that ANYTHING is possible...you just have to be willing to put the work in.