this just might start a riot, but...

Options

Replies

• skadoosh33
    skadoosh33 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Well I think we all love our carbs. I was the same way, would eat whatever I wanted and exercised & played sports and stayed between 8-10% body fat. However, not everyone has that metabolism. Mine slowed down about 5 years ago and it is not work to keep it at 15% body fat. I have just adjusted to a strict diet to get back down to a lean body. Hopefully after my 16 week cut I will be able to eat better tasting foods again.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options

I'm Canadian and we put maple syrup on everything (haven't tried it on tortillas yet....... What's pirate's booty?
    I'm in Canada too....I have seen Pirate's Booty here but now for the life of me I can't remember where!
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Oh...and did I mention-- eating this way did get me my current body? Just sayin' ...all the carb phobia is a bit unfounded.
    Not to dis carbs - or you - but when I see that your ticker says you've lost a whoppin' 3 pounds of the 4 pounds that is your goal, I'm not horribly impressed.

and, truly, it isn't "carbs" that are the issue, it is what kind of carbs. White sugar, white flour, and white rice? none for me, thanks. I'll stick to yams, whole grains, and whole fruit/veggies.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    Oh...and did I mention-- eating this way did get me my current body? Just sayin' ...all the carb phobia is a bit unfounded.
    Not to dis carbs - or you - but when I see that your ticker says you've lost a whoppin' 3 pounds of the 4 pounds that is your goal, I'm not horribly impressed.

and, truly, it isn't "carbs" that are the issue, it is what kind of carbs. White sugar, white flour, and white rice? none for me, thanks. I'll stick to yams, whole grains, and whole fruit/veggies.
    to be fair, she may have changed her goals.. i know i have. and there are plenty of people here that change it in 10 lb increments.
    i eat white sugar, white flour and white rice and lose just fine ;)
  • bethelcheryl
    bethelcheryl Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I tried lowering my carbs and it didn't work out well for me. I NEED my carbs :) I agree except Pirate Booty tastes like styrofoam.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options

wow--how RUDE. I don't think WEIGHT loss per se should be the testament anyhow...i think my bodyfat % is more impressive..not to toot my own horn. yuck--hate bad attitudes.
    Options

to be fair, she may have changed her goals.. i know i have. and there are plenty of people here that change it in 10 lb increments.
    i eat white sugar, white flour and white rice and lose just fine ;)

thanks for the support. some people are unbelievable.
  • callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options

There is more to health than what is in the mirror.

FACT: Carbohydrates drive insulin production that causes cardiovascular heart disease (CHD).
    FACT: Carbohydrates, which turn to glucose, hype the metabolism and trigger the release of disease-causing hormones like insulin, cortisol and adrenaline.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Did Low Carb (aka, just veggie and other "fresh" carbs...)
    I will never go back to that hell.

TEAM CARBS! :drinker:
  • tmoyer1209
    tmoyer1209 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hear, hear!!! I love carbs too! As long as that's not all we eat, no prob!
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't dream of giving up oatmeal or limiting veggies . . . EVER! :)
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options

FACT: Carbohydrates drive insulin production that causes cardiovascular heart disease (CHD).
    FACT: Carbohydrates, which turn to glucose, hype the metabolism and trigger the release of disease-causing hormones like insulin, cortisol and adrenaline.

Neither of those things are facts. Try again.

In fact, the fact that you even think those are facts tells me your understanding of human physiology and pathophysiology is very poor. If you did you would never claim those things as facts.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

Wow. Was that really necessary? I mean to dis the OP. She looks freaking awesome in her avatar. Yes, there are carbs that are better for you. That point can be made without dissing someone.
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options

FACT: oatmeal is proven to help cardiovascular health

Problem . . . ?
  • muffintopminx
    muffintopminx Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I freakin' LOVE LOVE LOVE carbs with all my heart and soul.

However, they do not love me. I have to limit them to keep my blood sugar balanced. :(
    Options
    CalvinLowCarbComic.jpg

Reported post for deliberate trolling.

It's supposed to be a site that caters for all attempts to get healthy isn't it? Why belittle the choices of some?

the same reason others "belittle" people for EATING carbs. no difference except I'm not "belittiing" at all. posting a cartoon has become belittling? that's news to me i guess. my apologies.
  • iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I LOVE carbs :)
  • ToughMudderAddict
    ToughMudderAddict Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    You guys are making me hungry mmm... carbs :) They put a smile on my face indeed.
  • teener009
    teener009 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I was just talking about this with my husband (who used to bodybuild). He says while eating for competition he would eat 3000 calories a day, 10% fat, 24% protein, and 66% carbs.....Fat IS the problem!
  • Josh
    Josh Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

The staff of MyFitnessPal is actively reviewing our stance on topics that recommend or promote dieting methods that run counter to our site's own weight-loss recommendations.

In the meantime, please make sure to refrain from attacking or insulting other users.

Earnest and respectful debate on any message in the forums is acceptable. Attacking the messenger is not.

Please note the following forum guideline:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.

b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

You may review the forum guidelines in their entirety at the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Thanks for your understanding,
    Fish
    MyFitnessPal Forum Staff
This discussion has been closed.