Can't we all just get along?

Options
124»

Replies

• watboy
    watboy Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    See we cant all get along.
    Just a friendly FYI, there is no metabolic advantage to low carb or keto diets

It works for him and I'm sure that's all that concerns him.
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Ready? One, two, three: KUMBAAAYYYYAAA...

No, but seriously, I agree with the OP. Well said!
  • localatte
    localatte Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you started this thread. Some people do seem to be very nasty on the boards, but I assume it's safe while they type away insults alone in their home with no consequences (seems to be the same handful of people talking crap on multiple threads).
    Also, there seems to be a sense of entitlement, "I have a right to my opinion!" is always used as an excuse to get to say whatever the he%$ one wants regardless of it being mean or hateful. Nice try, yeah, we all have a right to our opinions but we also should have some basic human decency and common sense.

None of us are perfect, and especially when writing and not having people able to hear our tone, maybe sometimes what we write can be misunderstood. That can be the case sometimes too.

What I always find interesting is that the people who instigate and insult on the boards, regularly, always have the "private" profile that no one can see . . . lol.
  • femmi1120
    femmi1120 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    In the words of my friend who is a nutritionist major: "when it comes to dieting and weight loss, EVERYONE thinks they're an expert"
  • watboy
    Options
    Ain't that the truth.
    In the words of my friend who is a nutritionist major: "when it comes to dieting and weight loss, EVERYONE thinks they're an expert"
  • MamaSonyaP
    MamaSonyaP Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! Well said.
    We all have to remember that we all signed up for similar reasons...some of us want to gain weight, some want to lose a lot of weight, some want to lose a little weight and some just want to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Bottom line is that we want to track our intake and gain friends with a common interest. Let's just be friends and leave the judgement at the door.
    Buddha once said,
    'Discipline teaches some, encouragement teaches more'. Let's encourage each other and stop thinking that we're the expert on someone else's life!
  • Naybelline
    Naybelline Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    This is the worst forum I've been a member of. I've never known so many ignorant and mean people in one place!
  • Ready4Battle
    Options

I was just busting your chops man. I love House by the way - so I LOL'd at the pic. What you're doing is working for you, just like my diet is too. I agree, people have just as much success with carb-based diets when they restrict cals and add cardio to their routine. I just happen to like this diet, and I can sustain it long term (and have). My favorite benefit to being on a carb-restricted diet is that I'm getting plenty of protein, so instead of spending money on Muscle Milk, I'm spending it on filet mignon (grilling one now - time to go eat).

^^^I like this guy.
  • Txnurse97
    Txnurse97 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Bump. 'Cause it's entertaining.

:drinker:

But I do agree with the OP. Well said.
  • watboy
    Options
    Same here. Totally agree. Horrible. But ive gotten tons of personal messages from people telling me they agree with me on many things i've said and lots of thank yous. But man alive lots of hate on here.
    This is the worst forum I've been a member of. I've never known so many ignorant and mean people in one place!