You forgot the milk...

Options
1235»

Replies

• firedudecndn
    Options
    Milk is designed for baby cows.

(from: http://www.notmilk.com/kradjian.html)

The milk of every species of mammal
    is unique and specifically tailored to the requirements of
    that animal. For example, cows' milk is very much richer in
    protein than human milk. Three to four times as much. It has
    five to seven times the mineral content. However, it is
    markedly deficient in essential fatty acids when compared to
    human mothers' milk. Mothers' milk has six to ten times as
    much of the essential fatty acids, especially linoleic acid.
    (Incidentally, skimmed cow's milk has no linoleic acid). It
    simply is not designed for humans.

Baby cows take about 2 years to reach physical maturity. Baby humans take about 20.
    For those that insist that insist on drinking milk; go for it. The facts are the facts though. Cows milk is designed for baby cows. Human milk is designed for human babies. It is designed for the animals from which it comes.
    I'm not saying you should not drink milk. Read this carefully; I'm not saying you should not drink milk but be aware that it is not designed for you, is missing key ingredients humans need and is designed for baby cows.
    And I'll discuss this intelligently with anyone who offers a reasonable, researched response. I will ignore or mock anyone who feels they need to express their immaturity and ignorance through "hater" type messages. Once again, I'm stating I am NOT TELLING YOU NOT TO DRINK MILK. It's your choice to do so, it's my choice to not drink it because it's not designed for humans. If you feel a need to proselytize; go to church.
    You don't drink milk, so therefore you didn't neglect to log any as per the OP. So why even bother writing the above post?

It's a public forum and as such I am entitled to post my views whether you like them or not, In the same way you are entitled to post your views whether I like them or not.

If you don't want to see opposing views on a public forum then go talk to yourself in the mirror.
  • harrydresden
    Options
    Wow, it had just never occured to me to make porridge or anything with water- mainly because I follow instructions on the packet to a T lol. I just assumed they weren't including the milk! :embarassed:

I've never seen a porridge packet saying to use milk.

Perhaps it's a regional thing. In the UK porridge packets will suggest milk or water to make up porridge, usually stating milk first. Or perhaps it's merely a brand thing.
  • Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    Options

It's a public forum and as such I am entitled to post my views whether you like them or not, In the same way you are entitled to post your views whether I like them or not.

If you don't want to see opposing views on a public forum then go talk to yourself in the mirror.

People are just pointing out, though, that your views about milk are not relevent to this particular post. I'm sure there are many people who would love to debate the merits of milk (or the evils, depending on how you roll) with you in another thread. THIS thread really has nothing to do with whether or not humans should drink milk.