Need chocolate....help?

Options
HotAshMess
HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
I'm CRAVING chocolate...I even let myself have a little piece today, hoping that it would satisfy my craving. I'm going to look at sugar free cocoa tonight after work, and if I get really desperate I'll make "ice cream sandwiches" by putting light cool whip between chocolate grahams and freezing it (an old weight watchers recipe). I know I need to overcome it, but does anyone have a healthy solution or recipe to satisfy the chocolate craving?

Replies

• SusannaTuttaPanna
    Options
    Have some quality dark chocolate.. it should satisfy your cravings after a piece or two.
  • sjackson1717
    sjackson1717 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Yup. Just had some Dark Chocolate. Yum!
  • krichards0403
    krichards0403 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Fiber one brownies satisfy my chocolate cravings
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    i had a Zico coconut water with dark chocolate this morning. pretty tasty!
  • sssygirl
    sssygirl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Have a good piece of dark chocolate as someone stated.
    I also agree the fiber 1 brownies are very good!
    Another option is Healthy Choice or Weight Watchers fudgesicles. They make many flavors..I have 1 almost everyday..only 100 calories. I think Skinny Cow makes them as well as candy now.
  • QuietDissidence
    Options
    I think reducing my sugar intake has helped me lessen my cravings for chocolate. I only crave it during my time of the month and a few dark choc. covered strawberries do the trick for me =) or as the others have said just a few pieces of a quality dark chocolate
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    Carob is good I find, a good quality one

Tastes similar to chocolate but doesn't make you go back for more and more and more....and more lol

As it is quite um, salty?
  • Laurelje
    Laurelje Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Have you tried vita-tops? They have them in some stores, or you can order them on-line. The chocolate flavors are sooo good, and only 100-120 calories. That's my go-to late night snack!
  • coltsmom4
    coltsmom4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too! I have a horrible sweet tooth!!! :/
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Get some of the fine chocolate with chili peppers in it. It will first taste like that amazing chocolate that you are craving in a small bite and then heat up. You will be fine with one piece. and you get your fix.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    28 M&M =100calories. Gotta have them.
  • xcrunnergirl13
    xcrunnergirl13 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have fat free sugar free hot chocolate. The liquid fills you up, and even if you use 2 packets (20-25 cal each) to make it extra chocalaty it only comes to 50 calories.
  • rapunzelrapture
    Options
    Here are a few of my favorite ways to squash a chocolate craving:
    Vitatops
    Diet Hot Chocolate (swiss miss variety tastes great and only has 25 calories per pouch)
    Sugar Free fudgesicles
    Pure protein chocolate flavored protein bars

Also, here's a link to a website with some great healthy chocolate recipes too:
    http://leanbodylifestyle.blogspot.com/p/recipes.html
  • mrsburchfield
    mrsburchfield Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If you've never visited this blog: www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com
    you totally should!
  • frandev
    frandev Posts: 2
    Options
    Get a box of chocolate cake mix. Mix with one can of diet cherry coke. Yes, that's right diet cherry coke. Put in cupcake pan (it makes 2 doz.) and bake according to directions. One cupcake with a dab of non-fat cool whip- 2 weight watchers points. I freeze them and when I need a fix.....takes a minute to thaw!!!
  • collinscathy
    Options
    Really? I love M&M's and 100 calories is not that bad. Trouble is I will go past 28., but I will give this a try. Thanks
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow chocolate brownie ice lollies work for me. Just under the 100.
  • collinscathy
    Options
    Really? I love M&M's and 100 calories is not that bad. Trouble is I will go past 28., but I will give this a try. Thanks
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    28 M&M =100calories. Gotta have them.

This :heart: M&Ms are so perfect, and the more I get into it, the fewer I want at a time. Love love love.
  • Ms_mami
    Ms_mami Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Not only fit & active, and weight watchers r good ice creams but peanut butter and banana is good if you are craving chocolate :) it satisfys your craving! So like a pb and banana smoothie :)