Replies

• KimmieSue2011
    KimmieSue2011 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Fage nonfat yogurt + sugar + coca (and if you want + peanut butter) = yum
  • epye
    epye Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Have a few chocolate chips....Dont chew them, just let them melt in your mouth....Works for me :)
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Just tried the new Nature Valley Granola Thins Dark Chocolate squares=80 calories Delicious.
  • Heather2784
    Heather2784 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm sooo bad with the chocolate. Played a big role in the weight I gained. I treat myself to the WW Desserts. My favorite being the chocolate chip cookie dough. I try to only eat them in days that I make it to the gym.

Another would be sugar free chocolate pudding. It's something like 60 calories per serving.
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I'm CRAVING chocolate...I even let myself have a little piece today, hoping that it would satisfy my craving. I'm going to look at sugar free cocoa tonight after work, and if I get really desperate I'll make "ice cream sandwiches" by putting light cool whip between chocolate grahams and freezing it (an old weight watchers recipe). I know I need to overcome it, but does anyone have a healthy solution or recipe to satisfy the chocolate craving?

What I do is have some raw cocoa powder and have about a sprinkle of that on my cracker things I make... It works for me xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx You could mix that with some yogurt??? or philly! Have seen they do a choc flavor xx

Just a thought xxxxxxxxx
  • cmulder67
    cmulder67 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just tried a new creation - Mocha Quinoa. Only 99 calories per serving and very good for you.

I cooked 3/4 cup of quinoa in 1 3/4 cups of left over coffee from this morning (bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes). Then I added 1 cup of chocolate soymilk, 1 tsp. of vanilla extract, and 2 packets of stevia sweetener. The result is kind of like a coffee and chocolate rice pudding and is high in fiber, low in fat, low in sugar.

This recipe makes 6 - 1/2 cup servings. Per serving: 99 calories, 15.8 g carbs, 1.8 g fat, 3.8 g protein, 22 mg sodium, 183 mg potassium, 2.7 g fiber and only .7 g of sugar.
  • echoica
    echoica Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Usually when I crave something like chocolate I take it as an indication that my body is looking for something. I make a smoothie to get natural sugars from the fruit and it works every time...and is more filling too :)
  • cookiesrgood15
    cookiesrgood15 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    i just limit the amount of chocolate i have!! i used to be able to eat several candy bars a night now i try to have less. i bought mini or snack size candy pieces and one or two a night totally hits the spot!! :D
    good luck!!
  • dmcklouky
    dmcklouky Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    If you live near a Trader Joes they have dark chocolate nibs... little cocoa bites at 1 cal each.
  • dandybug
    dandybug Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I just tried a new creation - Mocha Quinoa. Only 99 calories per serving and very good for you.

I cooked 3/4 cup of quinoa in 1 3/4 cups of left over coffee from this morning (bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes). Then I added 1 cup of chocolate soymilk, 1 tsp. of vanilla extract, and 2 packets of stevia sweetener. The result is kind of like a coffee and chocolate rice pudding and is high in fiber, low in fat, low in sugar.

This recipe makes 6 - 1/2 cup servings. Per serving: 99 calories, 15.8 g carbs, 1.8 g fat, 3.8 g protein, 22 mg sodium, 183 mg potassium, 2.7 g fiber and only .7 g of sugar.
  • TiltingAtWindmills
    TiltingAtWindmills Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    So glad you asked. I crave chocolate too! I'm working on the healthy recipe ideas. In the meantime if I can't stave off a craving, I go for moderation or low cal: I may make some chocolate skim milk, have just a few M&Ms (letting them melt in my mouth rather than chomping on them helps), or in a serious craving I make chocolate pudding using skim milk. I hear great things about the fiber one brownies.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I found this on MFP a while ago, and then tweaked the recipe. Very chocolaty, and a decent sized serving. Just saying, helps when your craving chocolate. lol

65 Calorie Brownies - http://adventuresincookinglite.blogspot.com/2012/03/chocolate-brownies.html

i-K6zVtFc-M.jpg
  • ThatCindyGirl
    Options
    Cliff Builder Bars (Chocolate Protein Bar) totally satisfies my chocolate needs plus its healthy and fuels my body for working out! :)
  • karinrobe
    Options
    I agree with the last post!
    I have a protein bar (South Beach Diet whipped chocolate and almond) it's only 100 calories, and it's sooo good!!
    Totally satisfies my choco craving and it's sort of good for you, haha.
  • Bb51808
    Bb51808 Posts: 3
    Options
    Try using coconut oil 2 Tbsp + coco powder + artificial sweetner (truvia). Mix together and you can throw in nuts, unsweetened cocnut, etc. chill in fridge and enjoy!
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    1 piece of Godiva's 85% cacao Extra Dark Chocolate does it for me.
  • bademasi
    bademasi Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Have some quality dark chocolate.. it should satisfy your cravings after a piece or two.

I get the quality dark choc with chili pepper in it. It will satisfy your choc craving and it has a kick to it. YUMMY :love:

12908857.png
  • bademasi
    bademasi Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Get some of the fine chocolate with chili peppers in it. It will first taste like that amazing chocolate that you are craving in a small bite and then heat up. You will be fine with one piece. and you get your fix.

this for sure!

12908857.png
  • coraliethomas
    coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I grub on a fiber one 90 cal peanut butter and chocolate chunk bar when I get that way! It hits just the right spot!