You know you're serious about losing weight when....

Options

Replies

• JJinWI
    JJinWI Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    You have two "kid-free", "husband-free" (rare!) hours at home and you decide to go to the gym and do an hour on the elliptical.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    you keep measuring spoons in your car...
  • ikimtnarud
    Options
    :laugh:
  • usedasbrandnew
    usedasbrandnew Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Bump for tomorrow (Starting at pg 6) Bedtime!
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    * starts to use food scale
    * read nutritional values in package label
    * searching for food nutritional values.
    * try to meet particular minimum/maximum nutritional value in a daily basis
  • reegordon
    reegordon Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Your bedroom looks like a gym
    Instead of a daquiri, you have crystal light "appletini" with a shot
    You replace chips with carrots
    You have to workout at least 6 days a week
    When your kids follow in your footsteps and say no to junk
  • WinLee
    WinLee Posts: 27
    Options
    I chose yogurt over Reese's Peanut Butter Cups!!
  • jodyl70
    jodyl70 Posts: 94
    Options
    You are excited to jump out of bed at 4:15am to hit the gym before work every morning!
  • Droope2
    Droope2 Posts: 82
    Options
    When you have 2 girls selling girl scout cookies and have not bought one box for yourself
    When I promised I would never ever ever give up pepsi and here I sit drinking powerade zero
    When I jumped down my daughters throat for offering me a bite of a twizzler because it means no vanilla wafers for snack
    When my kids get me a snack and count my calories for it so I can log it in MFP correctly
    When you go to the grocery store and look at the calories and serving size on everything

And my most favorite, even though I have only lost 4 lbs so far my 14 yr old son insists, I've lost 100 :)
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options

You know that semen has not only calories but nutritional value

LOL dont tell me you actually log this...measuring cup?
  • vsmurrow
    vsmurrow Posts: 145
    Options
    ... A man invites you out to dinner. You invite him for a jog.

... You find yourself flexing your abs whenever you sit down, and wonder why people think your "constipated face" is weird.

... Instead of drinking games, you try work out games. (Especially Harry Potter ones! However many points each house scores, that's how many jumping jacks you do. Try it. It's nuts).

... You know what fitspo is.

... You are a label-reading extraordinaire.

... Things like fat people eating cake make you ANGRY.

... You know granola bars are really just candy bars... with oats.

... No tablespoon measure?! No peanut butter.
  • najla56
    najla56 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    You tell your dad that he is doing push ups wrong and show him the proper way :)

lol!! i told my dad about his squats:)
  • bamandajo
    Options
    -When you get mad because someone wants to stop you while walking to talk to you.
    - When you can tell the exact amount of calories in any food to anyone.
  • vsmurrow
    vsmurrow Posts: 145
    Options
    Oh yeah: ... You've developed an addiction to Comedy Central. 'Cause hey, laughing's an ab workout
  • renee474
    renee474 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    -The word calorie is the number one word out of your mouth (and your 5 yr old tells you this)
    Hahaha, my 4-year-old knows all about calories-in, calories-out now. He picks up one of my hand weights and says, Momma, I'm burning calories. And he asks, Momma, where do the calories go? LOL. Good question. I had to google it.

when...
    ...you pass up birthday cake at work--this happened today :)
    ...you throw your child's uneaten cupcake in the trash instead of eating it--this happened tonight :)
    ...you work out even though you don't feel like it, and then you are so glad you did--this happened tonight :)
  • lisalosing100
    lisalosing100 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I woke up on my birthday and I knew that if I didn't go for a run, I wouldn't have the best day ever. So I ran on my birthday. This would have been LAUGHABLE a year ago!
  • renee474
    renee474 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    ... your hubby asks you to bring home some McDonald's meal when you're done @ the gym, and you do so, but only buy food for hubby, not for yourself.
    I can relate. I brought home Wendy's for my husband last night but didn't get anything for myself. He looked at me like I was crazy. By the way, I was STARVING, and had to drive for 2 miles alone in the car with those french fries. Not even a nibble! I kept chanting, do not eat the french fry. Almost home. Made it. Ha!
  • anna_love
    anna_love Posts: 177
    Options
    when u go to the gym like everyday
  • Tressa70
    Tressa70 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    - your work colleagues give you a fresh fruit platter for your birthday instead of cake.
    - you consider what sexual positions will work off more calories. :bigsmile:
    - you do a squat or two or three.. if you have to pick up something off the floor.
    - try an beat your time going up and down the stairs every time you have to go to the loo at work.
  • Pankakefacebetch
    Options
    When you eat just one hershey kiss
    When you can't wait to wake up, run to the bathroom, get naked and weigh yourself
    When your husband makes secret stashes in your house for all the food that used to be in your fridge.
    When cheating on your diet consists of fresh veggies and dip.
    When you find people hiding in your bathroom eating pizza rolls