You know you're serious about losing weight when....

Options

Replies

• jennylsapia
    jennylsapia Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    When you give a girl scout that look like "if you ask me if I want to buy a box of cookies I will give you the People's Elbow in from of this WalMart" :smile:

That was sooo me this past weekend!!! I LOVE GIRL SCOUT COOKIES!! And of course I went to wal-mart three times this weekend (kept forgetting stuff I needed) and everytime I would give the cute little girl that evil eye because if she would of asked I would have felt like I had to...then they would of been in my house and even as strong willed as I am now..I wouldn't of been able to resist!!

Mine....

I know I'm serious when I have spent my extra/birthday money on new sports bra, barbell, free weights and resistense bands!! and planned my next purchase for myself.....a heart rate monitor!!!
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    When you turn down a free plate of yummy fat filled food from an office party
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    When you have a panic attack when you realize that your forgot to pack your almonds and prunes for your morning snack at work!

Yep, just happened!
  • SteveHunt113
    Options
    You sit outside a fast food restaurant for ten minutes with a laptop finding free wifi so you can look up the macros, then drive down the street to actually order it.

You carry a bag of about $50 of groceries around with you, because you spend so long at work and you do most of your cooking there.

You argue about a protein cabinet... yes.. devoting a whole cabinet to protein.

You go to a Subway, order a sandwich without half the normal stuff like cheese and sauces... just to put it on yourself at home (of course, to more precisely measure your macros).

hahahaha, I do the same thing with my Subway sandwiches!!!!
    Why didn't I think of that!!! Great idea!
  • SteveHunt113
    Options
    When you look at your poop in the toilet and say "There better be some FAT in THAT!

When your stomach growls for attention, because MFP is getting all yours!

When you look down at the dust particles on the treadmill as you are breathing heavy and walking and say..I wonder (gasp) if those are my (gasp) fat cells falling off?

When you dust off your scale in case it could possibly add weight to your total.
    Not to be too gross (referring to the first line) but I actually try to figure out how much weight I just lost! :laugh:
  • Katymom22
    Katymom22 Posts: 121
    Options
    When your mom doesn't ask if you want a piece of your own cake for your 28th birthday and actually wraps the humus as a gift
    When you go to Applebee's with your whole family and o ly order a side of grilled shrimp and proceed to ask the waitress how many grams the shrimp weighed before it was cooked
    When you have been completely sober because you know it's a waste of calories to just drink them away
    These two are pretty special to me
    - when you have inspired your friends and family - my dad is down 50 pounds and almost in a healthy bmi - my cousin just lost 15 and now has a healthy bmi
    - when you are able willing and happy to get up at 5/6/7 am with your kids have them bathed fed breakfast dressed and taken to school before 8 all while doing the dishes and running two loads of laundry just because now you can!!!
  • RimRK
    RimRK Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    ..When you make sure that when you book a Hotel they have a fully equipped gym
    ....When you have planned your meal disruption on vacation and when you can have a treat :)
    ...When you look around your booked hostel to make sure there is a running path, or a drop in gym
    ...When you have your office fully equipped with 100 cal snacks for your "weak" moments
    ....When you space out your meals/snacks to make sure you are never hungry
    ....When your lab mates stop offering you baked goods and tell you what is on sale in the grocery department ;)
    ....When your junk food loving baby sis is now eating Mini Crisps and frowning when someone is eating regular chips
    ....When you "binge" you do so on 100 cal fibre one bars
  • nathanellsworth
    nathanellsworth Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    ...when you can resist the plate full of crab rangoons that your friends are all diving into!

I'm serious... but not that serious. I love those things.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    ...when pizza/chinese food and other junk you used to love no longer have a strangle hold on you
    ...when you're irritated when you're forced to miss a day of working out
    ...when you're not going to allow bad weather to keep you from going to the gym
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    When you just had your tooth pulled and all you can eat is soft food, all you want is stouffer's mac & cheese, and you are considering working out anyway and loading up on cottage cheese and yogurt.
  • JMarigold
    JMarigold Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    . . .When after days of serious family drama the thing that brings you to tears is your mother's suggestion that you might be plateauing in your weight loss . . . JUST HAPPENED!!!

. . . When your husband looks in the fridge and raises an eyebrow "Think you have enough Greek Yogurt?" . . . but . . . it was on sale!!! LOL Happened yesterday.
  • vlsalvaggio
    Options
    I spend more time on here then i do on facebook!!!
  • shelmac
    shelmac Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    When you write a list of what to pack for you vacation and in Capital Letters Write MUST NOT FORGET MY PORTION POTS!!!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    when you turn down a Shamrock Shake even though it's about 100 degrees in the office right now!!
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    you get upset when you get sick.... not because you feel poorly, but because you can't go to the gym.

you wake up at 5 to work out because you know that you won't have time later.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    When you really commit to the "it's not a diet, it's a lifestyle" philosophy....
    When your <1200 calorie day doesn't consist of coffee for breakfast, 700 calories of fast food for lunch, and 400 calories of snacks for dinner. :bigsmile:

Hahaha!

Wait, what???
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    When....
    you would rather workout than go drink margaritas and eat chips & salsa on a gorgeous Spring day. hmmm, wait a minute! Maybe I can do both??

OMG totes me! i rather go for a run outside then day drink outdoors now....eeeks!
  • ElPumaMex
    ElPumaMex Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    bump !

Love all of these !
  • brown0928
    brown0928 Posts: 49
    Options
    You know that semen has not only calories but nutritional value

I almost PISSED MY PANTS reading this! LMBO!!!!
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    you get up, workout for 2 hours, clean your car, take a shower and then put workout clothes back on for a zumba class that same night.

Wow I must be motivated!!! It's about time. :happy: