You know you're serious about losing weight when....

Options

Replies

• robbda
    robbda Posts: 82
    Options
    .......When your desk is next to the treat desk and has had cakes and sweets for peoples birthdays solid everyday for the last two weeks and one haven't had one piece (and your boss comments on your restraint!)

.......When go on holiday and tell everyone (who asks) what the best option on the menu is calorie wise

.......When push a girlie lunch back a couple of hours so you can get a run in before hand (and you were allergic to the gym before)

.......when you have a routine of what gym class you do on what days and get annoyed when your boss puts a meeting at the same time instead of seeing it as "escaping the gym"
  • TundraTed
    TundraTed Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    When your wife doesn't like to go out to dinner with you anymore because she would rather be ignorant of how many calories are in that roll and why you are not eating it.
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    You workout Christmas Eve, Christmas, New Year's Eve, and Superbowl Sunday.
    I was on my stationary bike WHILE watching the Superbowl! You start to peddle faster when you want your guy to run faster!
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options

...you're more addicted to MFP than you are to Twitter

This!!!!
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    When your office has a pizza party and you bring your salad.

Did this last Friday!
  • TiffanyDawn79
    TiffanyDawn79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    When you are asked to make a Wendy's run for the office and don't get anything for yourself :)
  • crobertson87
    crobertson87 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    when you dont miss a workout even if you have to do it at midnight

I will be doing this one tonight after shift....then getting back up at 4:30am.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    When you're excited about going to the gym!
  • Kiki91395
    Kiki91395 Posts: 10
    Options
    when preparing your lunch for the next day is a priority
    in your lunch bag is a stockpile of green tea bags
    the trunk of your car looks like the laundromat due to haiving 5 days of workout clothes in it everyday (no excuses for skipping)
    when you do Leslie Sansone on your lunch break and then eat your lunch as you work

hahaha i can relate to having to pack my lunch...or else its like 2pm and im starving, then i have to FIND something healthy, AND filling, but i never thought about carrying around workout clothes for everyday of the week....good idea :)
  • jgaston143
    Options
    addicted to MFP so much that you're not thinking about the refrigerator or pantry!

....when you can make tomorrow's lunches without munching!

I enjoyed reading all of the comments and now I'm pumped!
  • deniseselah
    deniseselah Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    You look up a menu online before going out and decide not to go there.
    You know that semen has not only calories but nutritional value
    You wear your heart rate monitor to do everything just for fun. But only log actual exercise.
    You donate your "fat" clothes instead of packing them up for a later use.

One of these things is not like the other...one of these things doesn't belong...
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • opal24
    opal24 Posts: 205 Member
    Options

When you know exactally how much you weigh , not that number you pretend you have been for the past 10 years.

This - at the doctor's yesterday I was asked how much I weighed and told them down to the last 100grams!! The nurse looked at me as though I was mad!
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    When you're laying in bed waiting to fall asleep and you catch yourself doing crunches.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    You sit outside a fast food restaurant for ten minutes with a laptop finding free wifi so you can look up the macros, then drive down the street to actually order it.

You carry a bag of about $50 of groceries around with you, because you spend so long at work and you do most of your cooking there.

You argue about a protein cabinet... yes.. devoting a whole cabinet to protein.

You go to a Subway, order a sandwich without half the normal stuff like cheese and sauces... just to put it on yourself at home (of course, to more precisely measure your macros).
  • calgarychick2012
    calgarychick2012 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You do upper body circuits while nursing a leg injury...dang this one is too real right now...

lol this is great i just broke my ankle and thats all i can do and some resistance bands
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    You make oatmeal at 11pm cause you need to eat some calories and the crap in the cupboard does not appeal to you.
  • calgarychick2012
    calgarychick2012 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    when u break an ankle and your coworkers offer to make meals and preface saying yes we know low cal low sodium lots of protein and fibre
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options

You know that semen has not only calories but nutritional value

LOL Love it.
  • 2getgeorge
    2getgeorge Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    use a food scale so you get every gram of food and not one more.
    you use a HRM so you can log the exact calories burned and not guestimate.
    when you get a scale that tells you body fat, visceral fat, BMI, skeletal muscle, resting metabolism, body age, and body weight.
  • inetgirl
    inetgirl Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm the one that never learned how to cook..Why would I, there are tons of restaurants to go eat at!

So,

I started cooking - breakfast, lunch and dinner (sometimes I have cereal) but still

I bought measuring cups and spoons

I look for healthy recipes