You know you're serious about losing weight when....

Options

Replies

• MzFreeSpirited
    Options
    LOL.. When I first started I was amazed at how many calories I actually ate prior to logging my food. I look up everything now :)
  • jenjenkitty82
    Options
    -You can make your hubby's fave fried chicken , your sons fave brownies, and fried taters (my fave), and pass them all up for a salad.
    -giving up peppermint mocha creamer ...that's serious
    -definately all you ever think about is working out
    -when you fall into bed every night comepletely exhausted and it feels so heavenly because you have been working soo hard, i never have trouble getting to sleep when i have had a full day with plenty of exercise.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Your "drunk munchies" end up being a salad & celery with peanut butter.
  • zasiiniya
    zasiiniya Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    ... you pass on a free sample of chocolate
    And free slices of chocolate cake :(
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    You skip over the candy aisle at the Supermarket or Wallgreens but look at which flavors of Sugar Free gums are on sale and buy 3 packs. Also, you order the side salad from the $1 menu at McDonalds and skip the fries.
  • candicevaughn
    candicevaughn Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    ...when you can't hand your seven year old his dinner without telling him how many calories are on the plate.
    ...when you have mfp on your laptop, cell, and kindle fire.
    ...when you want to work out just a little longer.
  • karliekins
    karliekins Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You drink tea when you're bored like some people eat when they're bored.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

-when your kids ask for desert and you give them carrot sticks

[/quote]

Raw carrots were a frequent evening snack when I was growing up. :) My daughter's given her kids raw broccoli to snack on (with ranch dressing, of course).
    You pass on the oreo cookies after dinner because it would put you over your calorie goal for the day...even when you know you're going to workout an hour later!

I've had an untouched package of Oreos sitting in the pantry since July, just before I started losing weight on MFP.

I'll add:

...when you park at the far end of the grocery store parking lot and unload your own groceries to burn a few more calories.
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options

You make your food diary public and ACTUALLY log all the foods eaten.
    You set your clock and jump out of bed at 4:45 am in order to get in a good workout because you know if you wait till later in the evening, you will find any excused not to get it done.
    Your 15, 12, 11 and 6 year old are telling you they don't want to go to McDonald and would rather go home so you can make them baked sweet potato fries and homemade burgers.
  • Sandytoes71
    Sandytoes71 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump! I feel such a kindred with u guys! Lol
  • NikkieLite
    NikkieLite Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    ...you aren't afraid to buy clothes that are a little too snug because you know they won't be for long.
    ...you can look at pictures of yourself that once really upset you because you know they'll make great before pictures.
    ...you realize that the satisfaction you get from binging is absolute misery compared to the satisfaction of weight loss.
    ...you just know, without a shadow of a doubt, that your life is really changing for the better.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    You can't wait to get to your exercising!
  • bgirly55
    bgirly55 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    When you even track your calories on holidays and your birthday!
  • kikilareggae
    kikilareggae Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    LOL! These are great.....and so true!
  • Nucky719
    Nucky719 Posts: 143
    Options
    When you give a girl scout that look like "if you ask me if I want to buy a box of cookies I will give you the People's Elbow in from of this WalMart" :smile:
  • katiew00t
    katiew00t Posts: 164
    Options
    when you wake up and it puts a smile on your face to feel sore, because you know you did a good job on yesterday's workout!
  • manasunshine
    Options
    lol this topic was so much fun to read. i can relate to so many of these lol.definately serious about losing weight =)
  • heavensshadow
    heavensshadow Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    When...

- you pee more than a pregnant woman from all the water you consume
    - you start to prefer water over soda
    - you get grossed out by fast food greasy smells in your car
    - you automatically portion condiments on your sandwiches by sight
    - the first things aside from calories you look at on a nutrition label are sodium & fat contents
  • darylinny
    darylinny Posts: 146
    Options
    You look up a menu online before going out and decide not to go there.
    You know that semen has not only calories but nutritional value
    You wear your heart rate monitor to do everything just for fun. But only log actual exercise.
    You donate your "fat" clothes instead of packing them up for a later use.

I'm on board with this...LOL
  • sukatx
    sukatx Posts: 103
    Options
    When you go to Cancun for a long weekend and tell yourself before you go that you will not count calories, and then spend the whole trip adding things up when you look at each plate from the buffet.