You know you're serious about losing weight when....

Options

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry...I'm too upset at the thought of perfectly good cake destroyed forever. I need a moment... :cry:
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    everyone on a weightloss site knows your "real" weight, and damn Im on a weightloss site!!!!
  • BellydanceBliss
    Options
    YUUUUP-You look up a menu online before going out and decide not to go there.
    ****ROTFL THIS ONE IS MY FAVOITE LMFAO You know that semen has not only calories but nutritional value
    YUUUUP-You wear your heart rate monitor to do everything just for fun. But only log actual exercise.
    NOT YET BUT WILL GET THERE-You donate your "fat" clothes instead of packing them up for a later use.
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry...I'm too upset at the thought of perfectly good cake destroyed forever. I need a moment... :cry:

LOL...I was thinking the EXACT same thing! You could have taken it to a youth house or something...somebody would have really appreciated that!
  • BellydanceBliss
    Options
    You know that semen has not only calories but nutritional value

Seriously??? Well, add this to the list of things I never knew. And pray my husband never reads this.

LMFAO
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    ....when you "treat" yourself to fruit (late night)
    ....when you get exctied at the freakin sports store
    ....when your heart rate starts increasing just thinking/getting ready to exercise!
    ....when you automatically measure your food without thinking about it
    ....when you read every single label of every food item you buy
    ....when you open up to complete strangers who share such a simple thing with you on MFP :)
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Your 6 yr old asks what the label on her gold fish says! Then says, not too bad :)
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Its good to know that I am not the only one who look up nutritional value before deciding on a restaurant or know what to order before you get there.
  • Emporor_Augustus
    Options
    .... pass on buying junk food even when it's ridiculously cheap on sale
    .... start seeing sex as exercise just as much as pleasure
    .... force your pastry-chef roommate to start baking only healthy snacks
    .... don't eat cheese

Oh cheese, how I miss you...
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options

LOL...I was thinking the EXACT same thing! You could have taken it to a youth house or something...somebody would have really appreciated that!

It was a half-eaten birthday cake for my little twins. I don't think anyone would've wanted a half eaten cake with most of the frosting missing...LOL!!!
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    ... you get sick, and all you can think about is that you can't go to the gym!
    ... you spend 20 minutes on the weekend carefully weighing and measuring almonds and prunes for the upcoming weeks snacks.
    ... your philosophy is, "I'd rather count too few calories burned instead of too many." or "I'd rather assume I ate more then guess too low."
    ... you weigh most of your food in grams, search for the food that gives you the grams option, and do the math to figure out how many servings of 85g you ate when you ate 125g.

Edit: the answer to the last one is 1.47 servings! :wink:
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    .... don't eat cheese

Oh cheese, how I miss you...
    Stop it ... your not making this any easier! :bigsmile:
  • nursenelson
    nursenelson Posts: 295
    Options
    OMG I love all of these and definately can relate to most of them!

"you know when you are serious about losing weight when...."

* working a crazy busy 12 hour shift and you are heading to the gym afterwards for a crazy hard workout
    (my work friends think I'm crazy - which makes me feel pretty darn good)
    ^^ * ^^ repeat times 4 dayshifts
    *instead of dreaming of doing tough exercise challenges - you are actually signing up for them! (ex: 10km Race or "Tour de Jasper" (365 km bike ride through the Rockies)
    * you avoid any events that involve food because you have your daily intake already planned for the day
  • bcc112986
    bcc112986 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    ....oranges are as good as sex.

:)
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    [I forgot one!]

You know you're serious about losing weight when....

You watch an action flick or play an action-y video game, and the entire time you're thinking to yourself, 'Wow.. I wonder how many calories that guy/girl burns dodging bullets during a shootout' or, 'Man, I bet they burn about 2000 calories from all that hand to hand (or weapon) combat," (geeky)
  • timeforachange2011
    Options
    You actually miss hardcore exercising when you're on vacation. :)
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    - Ice water sounds delicious, even with Coke and punch in direct line of sight.
    - You turn down free Girl Scout Cookies, or grab them to give to someone else WITHOUT opening.
    - Grapes replace all forms of candy.
    - Fresh & Easy wins over Carl's F*in Jr. (Wow on this one. It's happened, and only the people immediately around me believe it.)
    - You bust your butt working out when you're tired just so you can eat at a Denny's study session. (Guilty in the last 20 minutes!)
    - You can't wait to get home and exercise.
    - Pizza sounds... frankly, awful.
  • katiew00t
    katiew00t Posts: 164
    Options
    -when your friends look at the food you ordered at a restaurant and say "wow, you're making me look bad"

-when your coworkers bring you carrot sticks and dip to work for a snack instead of the chips they normally bring

-when a friend says "you're my inspiration!"

one more: You research online what you can order at a restaurant before going to eat
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    ....oranges are as good as sex.

:)

You are doing it wrong then. :bigsmile:
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    you upgrade to a dvr so you don't have an excuse to miss the gym