You know you're serious about losing weight when....

Options

Replies

• pamperedhen
    pamperedhen Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    When you eat one measured tabelspoon of perfectly yummy chocolate chip cheescake and give the rest to the chickens! :drinker:
  • DonnaLRB
    DonnaLRB Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    When you really commit to the "it's not a diet, it's a lifestyle" philosophy....
    When your <1200 calorie day doesn't consist of coffee for breakfast, 700 calories of fast food for lunch, and 400 calories of snacks for dinner. :bigsmile:
    This! And when you not only commit, but actually BELIEVE that "it's not a diet, it's a lifestyle"! :happy:
  • Jmstill300
    Jmstill300 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    When you would rather go out and run 5 miles as opposed to helping a friend move.
    When you would rather spend your lunch hour running on the treadmill or flailing away on the elliptical machine rather than sit at your desk, eat lunch and surf the web at work.
    When you would rather walk the steep hill at the zoo rather than take the elevator inside the building or walk across the zoo rather than riding the sky tram or the train back to the entrance.
    When you resist the urge to punch someone who rides the elevator up one floor or down one floor (unless they have a legitimate excuse and, with the exception of a few, have no business doing this). Just drives me absolutely nuts when I see this!
  • colorlessgreen
    colorlessgreen Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    ...when you can estimate and grab serving sizes within a couple grams before weighing them.
    ...when you know how many tablespoons are in 1/4 cup, how many grams are in an ounce, and how many goldfish crackers are in a serving (55!).
    ...when you go through a box of Ziploc snack-size bags in two weeks.
    ...when you intentionally don't bring bus fare to work, so you have to walk the 30 minutes home.
    ...when you feel guilty for eating 1850 calories in one day, even though a month ago you ate about 2800 calories every day without thinking about it.
    ...when you do laundry twice as often, so you can wash all your gym clothes.
    ...when you start buying plain yogurt because the fruit kind has SO MUCH SUGAR.
    ...when 14g of sugar sounds like SO MUCH SUGAR!

There are a few here I totally identify with, too! Like not eating something if I don't think I can accurately estimate its calories, or logging my food as I'm eating it... and I can't believe I've passed up so many free Girl Scout cookies at the office. I never thought I'd be the kind of person who turns down free cookies. I'm so proud of myself!
  • katiew00t
    katiew00t Posts: 164
    Options
    ...when you can estimate and grab serving sizes within a couple grams before weighing them.
    ...when you know how many tablespoons are in 1/4 cup, how many grams are in an ounce, and how many goldfish crackers are in a serving (55!).
    ...when you go through a box of Ziploc snack-size bags in two weeks.
    ...when you intentionally don't bring bus fare to work, so you have to walk the 30 minutes home.
    ...when you feel guilty for eating 1850 calories in one day, even though a month ago you ate about 2800 calories every day without thinking about it.
    ...when you do laundry twice as often, so you can wash all your gym clothes.
    ...when you start buying plain yogurt because the fruit kind has SO MUCH SUGAR.
    ...when 14g of sugar sounds like SO MUCH SUGAR!

There are a few here I totally identify with, too! Like not eating something if I don't think I can accurately estimate its calories, or logging my food as I'm eating it... and I can't believe I've passed up so many free Girl Scout cookies at the office. I never thought I'd be the kind of person who turns down free cookies. I'm so proud of myself!

LOL at the laundry comment...I do the same thing! I also buy plain yogurt and add fresh fruit.
  • Lissakaye81
    Lissakaye81 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You spent more on fitness equipment than anything else you bought for yourself for the month.
    You find yourself pulling into the local sporting goods store to "look" and come out with free weights, a new workout outfit and a medicine ball :D
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    ...You know that semen has not only calories but nutritional value...

Nearly fell off of the couch with that one...

When you go down for a smoke break, but instead, walk the elliptical for that 5-8 minutes instead.
    When you completely cut soda and whole milk with your coffee, out of your diet and choose Splenda, tea and lots of water instead.
    When you portion out your favorite meals into four different parts during the week or two day period.
    When you no longer eat rice and pasta like a fiend... those calories are hard to take off.
    When you start taking the stairs at work. Everyday. At any chance you can, even when you don't need to go anywhere.
    When your newest piece of jewelery takes your heart rate and gives you a calorie count, to boot.
    When the tightest thing around you isn't your husband's loving arms, but your the HRM strap, slightly moistened, thank you.

• CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    You workout Christmas Eve, Christmas, New Year's Eve, and Superbowl Sunday.
  • DonnaLRB
    Options
    Also, when you actually weigh your backpack so you know you can use the "Walking 3.0 carrying 15lbs" on the exercise. And, yes, my backpack does generally weigh 15 lbs.

Wait a minute...I can count that?
  • bademasi
    bademasi Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    When everyone in the house is starting to enjoy the foods you eat too! My youngest daughter tells her girlfriends that only healthy foods are here and she likes that.

Oh yea this one is so awesome. My oldest daughter came home for Spring Break from college and looks in the fridge and drawers and says "Mom there isn't anything to eat. I just bought a hundred dollars of food. I say there is tons of food to eat here but none of that fried stuff or sweet stuff you have gotten used to eating at school. lol

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]12908857.png[/url]
  • Nettegrae
    Options
    ...when the battery died on my scale and I actually replaced it~that day.
    ...I wasn't (that) mad when I went down a whole bra size.
    ...I'm glad I kept some of my "thin" clothes even though they are out of style now :laugh:
  • xonikitashafferxo
    xonikitashafferxo Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    when you're offered cake and you decline.
    when you eat healthy food when going out instead of what you're use to.
    you think about working out constantly
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Also, when you actually weigh your backpack so you know you can use the "Walking 3.0 carrying 15lbs" on the exercise. And, yes, my backpack does generally weigh 15 lbs.

Wait a minute...I can count that?

I do! I carry it on my way to campus, which is a good 30 minute walk.
  • DonnaLRB
    Options
    When you make your food diary visible:wink: !
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    when your day starts out downing a 32 ounce water...
    when you kids order pizza and you tell them how many calories and carbs are in them
    when you go shopping and you stay on the outer four corners of the store all around and never enter middle isles..
    when you are out to eat and you are COUNTING everyone's else food calories....lol
    when you never leave home without your favorite water boottle and if you do ohhh man gotta turn back and and get it...
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    You can tell someone how many calories a random food item has

when people tell you "you're so healthy"

when you start to like taking the stairs instead of the elevator because the burn in your legs afterward

when you make people do push-ups with you at random times in the day

When you get something high in calories, only eat a few bites then pawn it off on someone else or throw it away

when MFP becomes the new facebook/twitter
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    You look up a menu online before going out and decide not to go there.
    You know that semen has not only calories but nutritional value
    You wear your heart rate monitor to do everything just for fun. But only log actual exercise.
    You donate your "fat" clothes instead of packing them up for a later use.

One of these things is not like the other...one of these things doesn't belong...
  • Evelyn_Gorfram
    Evelyn_Gorfram Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    ...you think a baked yam, hot or cold, is a wonderfully tasty snack.

...you spent $35 dollars on groceries, and come home with two oranges, a pound of coffee, a quart of 2% milk, a dozen eggs that you're only going to eat the whites of, and enough veggies to feed a rabbit warren.
  • shanahan_09
    shanahan_09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    You don't eat food just for the taste...you eat to get fuel.
    You don't use food for comfort or for a shrink anymore.
    You can have junk food in the house and it doesn't faze you one bit if you see others eating it.
    You don't think twice about 'set time' workouts...you just do it!!
    Last but not least...you stop whining about your weight to anyone who listens because YOU are the only one who can change it!
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    You know that semen has not only calories but nutritional value
    Okay - I'll accept that, but exactly how do you calculate portion size?
    you spend more time reading the labels then visiting the free sample tables at the supermarket.
    This has begun to drive my husband crazy, and he's a very patient man - shopping takes much longer now.
    -You're in a lot of pain, but you go to the gym anyway, to punish your body for being a p*ssy.
    May I quote Betty White here? “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding.”

And my own:
    ...you enter every possible combination of what you're thinking of eating that day to find the optimal balance for your calories - and then eat that.
    ...you are seriously considering posting 'Before' and 'After' weight-training pictures on a public forum - and you haven't owned a bathing suit in years
    ...you would rather go for a run to de-stress than read a trashy novel and eat chocolate