You know you're serious about losing weight when....

Options

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    ... you decide to try a mcdonalds breakfast burrito cause its been like 7 years... and two bites in, your stomach hurts and you toss the whole thing cause the calories already aren't worth it BLECHT! (if you cant tell this just now happened to me)

... when you get pissed about having to reschedule gym visits for social occasions

... when the gym is part of your 'getting ready to go out on the town' routine

... you have all the calories in over 100 foods stored in your memory. Of your brain- not your phone.

... you can guesstimate within 50 calories- your daily intake without tracking it

... you have two loads of laundry just for workout gear

... you have all your music categorized by tempo/bpm and what sport you can use it for

... you start thinking of calories as currency and never want to overspend

... you think of mindless eating as impulse shopping and gave that up with other teenage behavior

... three days without a workout leaves you grumpy, irritable and mentally twisted and tangled

... you are.
  • amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I tell my hubby everytime he eats ice cream or candy in front of me "Do you know how many calories are in that thing" lol
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    You pull up MFP on your phone to log immediately after a workout, and before you order at a restaurant.
  • alexbelly
    alexbelly Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    when you skip eating a treat because your not sure how to log it.
  • luckybunny84
    Options
    ......You choose to workout when you stress out instead of reaching for the ice cream.
    .......You porposely bake something you know you wont eat for special occasions so you arent tempted
  • tuppance
    tuppance Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    .....you come up with every excuse under the sun for your husband to NOT accompany you shopping because you know he'll insist on a takeawy for tea
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    hahaha awsome...
    :laugh:
  • carholl
    carholl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    When the elliptical that has been serving as a clothes hanger for the last 4 years is getting used for it's actual purpose EVERY DAY
  • obeseto13point1
    obeseto13point1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Thought of a few more lol

You have two Brita pitchers going at the same time because 1 isn't enough to keep up with your water intake
    Your 2yo actually likes healthy food and has been known to pig out on hummus!
  • TLPat
    TLPat Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Purchased and promptly gave away three boxes of Girl Scout cookies from guy at work so his daughters can win another selling contest.

And, I love Samoas and thin mints.
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I love this!!
  • iKristine
    iKristine Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    You don't go to thanksgiving.... simply because you know the food there is not being prepared healthy.

That's how my family finally got it, that I was serious.
  • quickfin
    quickfin Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You start the C25K again and this time it's not painful
  • kuregisto
    kuregisto Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    ... you buy 20 boxes of Girl Scout cookies to support a friend's child - and still have 19 boxes left 3 weeks later.

Seriously, I used to inhale those things.
  • 4my2jays
    4my2jays Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    when I think about what i am going to eat or do for exercising when I go on travel for work at the end of the month. LOL

Any other time I went on travel those were the least things on my mind but now I have two weeks and I am thinking about what food choices do I have and if the hotel has a gym because I am gonna miss out on Zumba and my other exercise routines. :)
  • alondrafd
    alondrafd Posts: 18
    Options
    You have a chocolate "treat" all lined up for the day with much excitement and anticipation then your 2 yr old steals it from you and shoves it in her mouth and you just smile lovingly at her!!!

I have a 2 year old aswell and same thing happens

ALSO...when you are sore everyday cause you challenge yourself constantly (amazing feeling im addicted to it lol)
    ...when you feel that something is missing on your off day from the gym :sight: sundays are long for me
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    This is cute. I love it.
  • JamieDD
    JamieDD Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    When you decide to have 1 can of Pepsi and it just doesn't taste good anymore...
  • thetiwi1890
    thetiwi1890 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    When
    ... buying a body analyzer scale is your idea of a treat
    ... exercising is something you look forward to
    ... you save up for fitness-related paraphernalia rather than fashion/shoes/handbags anymore

I love everyone's answers! Keep it up! :drinker:
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I willingly get up at 5am, without the kids or the alarm waking me up, to get an extra hour of exercise
    I even manage to find a 200 calorie dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings (it is possible)
    I walk across the building and up a flight of stairs and past 5 bathrooms to go to the bathroom at work to burn some extra calories